Looking At The Patriots 2022

That‘s what Football like Rugby is great, no way can you look at Dave Andrews in that pic and think there lies a professional athlete :rofl:

The first glimmerings of what our 2022 WR room will look like:

North Dakota State’s Christian Watson
Nevada’s Romeo Doubs

Excerpt:

A big-bodied receiver at 6-foot-5, 208 pounds, Watson is coming off a productive senior campaign with the Bisons. He caught 43 passes for 801 yards and seven touchdowns and also had 15 rushing attempts for 114 yards and another score.

Doubs was no less productive at Nevada. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound receiver ended his final year with the Wolfpack with 80 receptions for 1,109 yards and 11 touchdowns. Like Watson, he has proven himself capable of attacking the deep parts of the field when aligned on the outside of the offensive formation.

While the article says they can both attack the deep part of the field, their college (and therefore probably exaggerated) 40 times are:

Christian Watson 4.44
Romeo Doubs 4.72

Not my idea of a pair of burners. Watson's time isn't bad but falls short of Agolor's, and Doubs' is slower than Bourne's.

I don't know about Doubs, but as nice as Watson is, when I think of getting a more speedy WR I'm not excited about someone almost as fast as Agolor.

Nevada’s Romeo Doubs

Excerpt:

A big-bodied receiver at 6-foot-5, 208 pounds, Watson is coming off a productive senior campaign with the Bisons. He caught 43 passes for 801 yards and seven touchdowns and also had 15 rushing attempts for 114 yards and another score.

Doubs was no less productive at Nevada. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound receiver ended his final year with the Wolfpack with 80 receptions for 1,109 yards and 11 touchdowns. Like Watson, he has proven himself capable of attacking the deep parts of the field when aligned on the outside of the offensive formation.

While the article says they can both attack the deep part of the field, their college (and therefore probably exaggerated) 40 times are:

Christian Watson 4.44
Romeo Doubs 4.72

Not my idea of a pair of burners. Watson's time isn't bad but falls short of Agolor's, and Doubs' is slower than Bourne's.

I don't know about Doubs, but as nice as Watson is, when I think of getting a more speedy WR I'm not excited about someone almost as fast as Agolor.

I get all the love for a super fast WR for Mac. I wonder though if we get BoB back and he gets the TE's near where ha had Gronk and the murderer I don't think we NEED to spend a high draft pick on a burner. BoB comes back and we find another speedy and almost free shifty guy for the slot and we will be just fine.

Nevada’s Romeo Doubs

Excerpt:

Christian Watson 4.44
Romeo Doubs 4.72

I did a study 4-5 years ago that compared speed to production and found that 4.45 was the cut off point for the top 25% of WRs in production.
At 4.44 he can be productive IF he works hard on running great routes, has soft hands and develops rapport with a QB who is accurate.
Interestingly, the fastest of the fast weren't nearly as productive as those than ran in the 4.0 to 4.45 range. Always exceptions for those that work hard at their craft in addition to being fast.

Back