Looking At The Patriots 2022

MP and JJ did Mac no favors in '22. We knew that already but seeing it relative to Mac's pinnacle in '21 begs the question why it was allowed to go on.
TLawrence is getting rave reviews this year but Mac reached higher in his first year than TL has in his 2nd year. That gives me hope.
Good coaching matters and Mac had an imbecile driving the bus.
C'mon, BB. Get a competent OC who can bring out the best in Mac.

View: https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1613262862209929217

You need to add BB to the first sentence. BB made it happen. All year Mac wasn't happy with the situation. And in a short while if they hire a new OC it will prove to Mac he was correct to blame the staff, including BB.

We have a situation where it appears that the coaching staff doesn't think highly of their QB and we know Mac was unhappy with them.

Not a healthy environment and there needs to be some "healing". Or maybe it's not even salvageable.

MP and JJ did Mac no favors in '22. We knew that already but seeing it relative to Mac's pinnacle in '21 begs the question why it was allowed to go on.
TLawrence is getting rave reviews this year but Mac reached higher in his first year than TL has in his 2nd year. That gives me hope.

As regards the comparison to Lawrence, that's not a fair comparison - that's cumulative, so Mac's peak was easier to attain because he had less history to overcome. That Lawrence has approached Mac's peak means that his recent play has been significantly better than Mac over his best stretch.

As regards the comparison to Lawrence, that's not a fair comparison - that's cumulative, so Mac's peak was easier to attain because he had less history to overcome. That Lawrence has approached Mac's peak means that his recent play has been significantly better than Mac over his best stretch.
I don't follow. It isn't an average that would require overcoming previous bad numbers.

It's charted as performance/game.

I don't follow. It isn't an average that would require overcoming previous bad numbers.

It's charted as performance/game.
It's labeled as cumulative, which would mean the epa of all plays up to and including the week on the chart.

Except...those are pretty dramatic movements at the end for Fields and Mills. They would have had to have some truly horrific games...

...and now I'm seeing that it's a total number of points - I didn't see the scale on the left. Which means you're right that it's not overcoming an average, but the vertical position is based on the entire history. You need to look at the slope of the line to get a picture of how well a QB is playing over a given span. Starting in week 25 - the last 9 games - Lawrence is credited for over 60 points. I don't see any span where Mac came close to that. His best stretch is game 6-16, and you're looking at maybe 40 total over one additional game.

It's labeled as cumulative, which would mean the epa of all plays up to and including the week on the chart.

Except...those are pretty dramatic movements at the end for Fields and Mills. They would have had to have some truly horrific games...

...and now I'm seeing that it's a total number of points - I didn't see the scale on the left. Which means you're right that it's not overcoming an average, but the vertical position is based on the entire history. You need to look at the slope of the line to get a picture of how well a QB is playing over a given span. Starting in week 25 - the last 9 games - Lawrence is credited for over 60 points. I don't see any span where Mac came close to that. His best stretch is game 6-16, and you're looking at maybe 40 total over one additional game.

I read it wrong, in that case. That makes Macs regression this year caused by MP/JJ even worse than I thought.

Coaching matters. Look at what Pederson did for Trevor Lawrence!!!

Mac Jones' decline was not due to him but poor coaching. Sounds obvious but apparently people are trying to blame Mac. It's not Mac.

FmXo6OVXkAg_8AD

Back