Vs the Vikings the Patriots showed a lot of improvement in key areas:

-scored 25+ pts
-had 400+ total yds
-outgained their opponent
-completed 70.0% of their passes
-had < 60 penalty yds
-had no turnovers
-had no missed FG

NFL teams in the Super Bowl era were 170-0 entering tonight (reg & post) when doing all that in a game.
But a missed holding call on a Viking TD and a TD by the Pats was ruled incomplete...

not good company to be in, the only team ever to not win.

the 4th quarter, the offense sh-t the bed going back to crappy shotgun leading to 4 useless drives.

yes the ST touchdown and 2 killer penalties meant the game as well

Mike Lombardi who is certainly no Pats hater, gives his take on the last game. I mean, he's not wrong.....But....I do feel we have it in us to beat Buffalo in Gillette.

I don’t agree with Lombardi who had been wrong on a bunch of things the last several years. He should focus more on the crappy Raiders and how his son is flying the plane into the ground.

1. Kirk Cousins has been good for many years. Underrated for some reason. And Jefferson and his RB are elite, as are 3 of the OLinemen.

2. It’s the Vikings defense that is suspect. But the offense is one of the best in the league and weird why they don’t get respect

As happy as I am with the current HS offense, I would be ok with this:

IMO, O'Brien will be aiming higher & looking for a HC job in the NFL when he leaves Bama. There may be 5-6 HC jobs available and there aren't that many candidates to fill them.
The Colts and Carolina are already looking. AZ, Denver, Houston and NO are likely to fire their HCs and need a HC with NFL experience as replacements.
Who are the experienced replacements?
Payton is looking.
Frank Reich is available.
Dan Quinn (Cowboys DC) may be some team's target.
Brian Flores would be good but he's got some baggage over his head with the lawsuit.
Then there's Bill O'Brien who has 6 years HC experience and won the AFC South 4 of those years.

I'd be happy with it too, definitely think he'd get the best out of Mac and tailor the offence to better suit his skillset.

BO'B was our OC for only 1 year in 2011. Our offense has changed drastically since he was here.
He didn't coach Mac Jones at Bama. Is it really a given that he'd come in and get the best out of Mac? I have doubts.

Also, an NBA trainer got caught roofieing a girl on tape and he's in big trouble. I don't remember
all the issues he is facing, but he was ordered not to leave Rhode Island.

Anyone that has spent time there will know that is some cruel and unusual punishment.
We're not friends anymore. :harumph:

Matt discusses young QB difficulties in a way we can understand it.
He's talking about Zach Wilson but it applies to Mac Jones as well.

View: https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1596906707040337920

What part of what Hasslebeck said do you believe applies to Mac? All of it? Some?

Because I don't see it.

80%+ of the issues Mac has had to overcome this season are on the coaching staff and O-line (also a coaching issue). Maybe more. I give him tremendous credit for being a pro while being sent to slaughter by Patricia and the Oline game after game. Even when Patricia saw with his own eyes what he needed to run while Zappe was in he refused when Mac was in. He has ever so s-l-o-w-l-y changed his play calling and while it still stinks, it is better (not RZ) and you saw what Mac did on Thanksgiving as a result.

I think what Hasslebeck outlined does not apply to Mac except to highlight just how mature Mac has been this year. He is 23. 7th year guys would have folded like a tent if forced into the Pats offensive situation this year, IMO. It is the biggest folly of Belichick's GOAT career.

But, as I am too fond of saying (wife hates it): That is why they make chocolate and vanilla. Thanks for posting that and making me think, briefly, about something more fun than Monday morning European bullshit (work).

Matt discusses young QB difficulties in a way we can understand it.
He's talking about Zach Wilson but it applies to Mac Jones as well.

View: https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1596906707040337920

This was a great segment. Thanks for sharing. I love Matt's honesty here. I think it is tough for all young QBs in the way he describes. I think for Mac even though he wasn't traded like Matt, he had new offensive coaches brought in after he flourished under McD as a rookie. There have been rumors/scuttle that he has bristled at the new coaches/scheme. I think that is understandable and also fixable. It just depends how "bought in" Jones is to the vision of the team set forth by Bill. To me that is the key part IMO as to whether Jones remains the future QB.

What part of what Hasslebeck said do you believe applies to Mac? All of it? Some?

Because I don't see it.

80%+ of the issues Mac has had to overcome this season are on the coaching staff and O-line (also a coaching issue). Maybe more. I give him tremendous credit for being a pro while being sent to slaughter by Patricia and the Oline game after game. Even when Patricia saw with his own eyes what he needed to run while Zappe was in he refused when Mac was in. He has ever so s-l-o-w-l-y changed his play calling and while it still stinks, it is better (not RZ) and you saw what Mac did on Thanksgiving as a result.

I think what Hasslebeck outlined does not apply to Mac except to highlight just how mature Mac has been this year. He is 23. 7th year guys would have folded like a tent if forced into the Pats offensive situation this year, IMO. It is the biggest folly of Belichick's GOAT career.

But, as I am too fond of saying (wife hates it): That is why they make chocolate and vanilla. Thanks for posting that and making me think, briefly, about something more fun than Monday morning European bullshit (work).

Mac was playing like he was a tenured veteran while making rookie mistakes before he got hurt. Sure, the playcalling can be blamed, but Zappe did what Mac didn't, which was take care of the ball.

Now that he rested for about a month, he looks like his old self despite that shaky OL and sometimes suspect playcalling. I would think that's what applies to Mac here.

Either way, I'm very glad he's our QB1 and back to playing well.

Mac was playing like he was a tenured veteran while making rookie mistakes before he got hurt. Sure, the playcalling can be blamed, but Zappe did what Mac didn't, which was take care of the ball.

Now that he rested for about a month, he looks like his old self despite that shaky OL and sometimes suspect playcalling. I would think that's what applies to Mac here.

Watching Zappe play well probably has something to do with Macs turnaround since coming back too. Wally Pipp and all.

Zappe ran an entirely different offense. The right for the abilities of this team. DKF has been right all along.

Watching Zappe play well probably has something to do with Macs turnaround since coming back too. Wally Pipp and all.

I doubt it. What changed is the play calling. More quick throws, more 6 man protect and play action.

Back