Looking At The Patriots 2022

I did a study 4-5 years ago that compared speed to production and found that 4.45 was the cut off point for the top 25% of WRs in production.
At 4.44 he can be productive IF he works hard on running great routes, has soft hands and develops rapport with a QB who is accurate.
Interestingly, the fastest of the fast weren't nearly as productive as those than ran in the 4.0 to 4.45 range. Always exceptions for those that work hard at their craft in addition to being fast.

I want to see how fast he is at the combine. He plays faster than his reported 4.4

I get all the love for a super fast WR for Mac. I wonder though if we get BoB back and he gets the TE's near where ha had Gronk and the murderer I don't think we NEED to spend a high draft pick on a burner. BoB comes back and we find another speedy and almost free shifty guy for the slot and we will be just fine.
Oh, for sure! +1000. If BOB reprises the two TE offense it will open everything up for the receivers we have. The Pats made a living with Brady for 2 decades with quick (vice fast) receivers. And now we have another QB whose main strength is accuracy.

I want to see how fast he is at the combine. He plays faster than his reported 4.4
Well, that's a different story, isn't it, and I don't think the combine will clarify it. Some players run just as fast, or almost as fast, in pads in a game as they do on a track. Others slow down considerably when they get on the field. Call it vision or instinct or reading the field, whatever, some players don't seem to have it.

I would pay Renfrow whatever he wants. Perfect Patriot.

Like usual, BB could have drafted him, but, didn't. SMH.
A 5th round pick on a slot receiver??? WHY when you can go down to the lumber yard, find their least-productive employee, wipe the crust out of his eye, and turn him into a Pro Bowler in 2 seasons? :coffee:

Why do you think that Steve is bad?
Really. All the Nepotism comments that have floated are absurd. Bills Dad devoted himself to helping Bill become the greatest coach to ever walk this planet. Bill has been completely grateful for his Dad's guidance and has never stopped expressing that gratitude. What better way to honor that gratitude than to just pass it on down? Why would anyone assume that Bill's kids are dumb, and that Bill hasn't guided them all their life and that they haven't leaned more about football than virtually anyone else's kid's anywhere?

Cheers, BostonTim

Back