Looking At The Patriots 2022

The Bills DID NOT dominate the AFCE in 2021. Plain and simple.

Did you even follow the season. After the bye the Pats went 1-4. Only beat the lowly Jags. Lost to the Dolphins, Colts, Bills twice. Season ended in a beatdown where the Bills scored 7 straight touchdowns and never punted. I want BB to win a 7th ring, not live in fantasyland like you.

So when you make crazy homer claims like the Pats will win the division based on the last 2 months, that's fine just don't pretend to be objective in any way.

Did you even follow the season. YES, every game. Did you only watch the last couple of games?
Season ended in a beatdown The last game is not the season. Can you truly not understand that? Because you keep repeating it.

So when you make crazy homer claims like the Pats will win the division based on the last 2 months,
Don't resort to lying trying to make a point. I never made that claim. I based it on how the whole season went for both teams

that's fine just don't pretend to be objective in any way.
By all means let's look at the season objectively. That is exactly what we should do.
I understand Homers and Haters very well. But take off my glad glasses and your sad glasses and look at how the division went:
Bills 11-6
Pats 10-7

That is not dominating the AFCE.

I am just trying to be fair about winning the division next year and all you can come up with is the last playoff game and the fact the the Pats went 1-4 for a five game stretch. Fine, the Bills went 1-3 for a stretch. That isn't who we or they are any more that your team's 4-game win streak or my team's 7 game win streak tells the whole story.

Insist if you want that the Bills dominated the AFCE in 2021 if you want,

"that's fine just don't pretend to be objective in any way."

Insist if you want that the Bills dominated the AFCE in 2021 if you want,

I have never said that. At all. I challenged your rosy claim the Pats will win the division. I said the Pats finished 1-4 and got destroyed in the playoffs. And the team doesn't appear better after losing Mason, Karras, JC Jackson, Hightower, and based on who has been added.

Last edited:
Bills are nowhere close to the best team in the AFC. Allen had a terrible rookie year as a starter, then did okay this second year and very good this third year. Last year was a lot of hype but the fact is the Bills were 11-6 in a division with two rookie QBs and Tua. If Wilson and Jones take sophomore leaps as Allen (and most QBs) did, the Bills are going nowhere in the AFCE, let alone the AFC.

Patriots and Jets. One a wild card and the other takes the division. Patriots took a wild card with a rookie QB. You can probably follow my rationale why I think the Pats will take the division.

I know draft day you called Jones an immobile dinosaur QB and a product of the Alabama team around him who he could never elevate a team on his own, but I think by next post season you will no longer think that.

ps Just took you (and everyone) off ignore and saw your sig line for the first time in a while. Surely you can find better testimonials for TFB than Emmitt Smith, Michael Irving, and Shannon Sharpe. It's embarrassing to pair those clowns in any way to Brady.
Two words: Joe Judge

I have never said that. At all. I challenged your rosy claim the Pats will win the division. I said the Pats finished 1-4 and got destroyed in the playoffs. And the team doesn't appear better after losing Mason, Karras, JC Jackson, Hightower, and based on who has been added.
The Pats have the weakest roster in the East and unlike previous seasons they can’t fall back on superior coaching when Judge and Patricia are running the O.

Yeah, you did. Many times. Even in your last post you continue to treat one game as if it defined a whole season. Or act like the Pats 1-4 stretch was the season. t meant as much as their 7-game winning streak which you ignore because it doesn't fit your odd hatred off all things Patriots??? Look at the season. The whole season. Forget winning streaks and losing streaks and cherry-picking one post season game like it mattered in who won the division.

JC Jackson was a loss. I wasn't impressed with Mason or Hightower last year. Karras wasn't worth the money and was no better than Mason anyway. I like our draft. I think you might like the players we got if you could get over how they play more than where they were picked. Remember JC Jackson. Undrafted. If BB had taken him in the second round, you'd have gone apeshit. Mel KIper thought 'the N'Keal Harry draft pick was an "A." 'Nuff said.

Also. I did ask you to stop lying about what I said. In my original reply to Mazz:

Bills are nowhere close to the best team in the AFC.

Bills were 11-6 in a division with two rookie QBs and Tua. If Wilson and Jones take sophomore leaps as Allen (and most QBs) did, the Bills are going nowhere in the AFCE, let alone the AFC.

Patriots and Jets. One a wild card and the other takes the division. Patriots took a wild card with a rookie QB. You can probably follow my rationale why I think the Pats will take the division.

I stand by that. Bills won the division by a single game. Look at the season. The whole season. This is all I have to say on the subject.

The Pats have the weakest roster in the East.
I'll take "Bold Statements" for 1000, Alex.

Let's revisit next winter. I fear you're going to be disappointed.

Patriots made the playoffs with a rookie QB and this season they have speed and separation on the roster.

Yeah, you did. Many times. Even in your last post you continue to treat one game as if it defined a whole season. Or act like the Pats 1-4 stretch was the season. t meant as much as their 7-game winning streak which you ignore because it doesn't fit your odd hatred off all things Patriots??? Look at the season. The whole season. Forget winning streaks and losing streaks and cherry-picking one post season game like it mattered in who won the division.

JC Jackson was a loss. I wasn't impressed with Mason or Hightower last year. Karras wasn't worth the money and was no better than Mason anyway. I like our draft. I think you might like the players we got if you could get over how they play more than where they were picked. Remember JC Jackson. Undrafted. If BB had taken him in the second round, you'd have gone apeshit. Mel KIper thought 'the N'Keal Harry draft pick was an "A." 'Nuff said.

Also. I did ask you to stop lying about what I said. In my original reply to Mazz:

I stand by that. Bills won the division by a single game. Look at the season. The whole season. This is all I have to say on the subject.
If you looking at season as a whole. You can sum it up in 3 parts. Bad start Great middle & horrible Finsh. I still consider it a success. For fans with realstic expectations. It's only the 2nd year of the Rebuild.
Brady era Fans will consider it a failure. BB is still the HC 😭. Keep looking for every opportunity to trash him.

Last edited:
If you looking at season as a whole. You can sum it up in 3 parts. Bad start Great middle & horrible Finsh. I still consider it a success. For fans with realstic expectations. It's only the 2nd year of the Rebuild.
Brady era Fans will consider it a failure. BB is still the HC 😭. Keep looking for every opportunity to trash him.
I agree with those three parts. The middle games were awesome, but it looks like Mac hit the rookie wall, or his brain finally said NO MAS. He should be fine next year.

And I think you're right about Brady-era fans. They like winning (who doesn't) but just don't understand how rare the last 20 years have been. None of them would have survived the 2-14 and 1-15 seasons. To me, making the playoffs every year was something special. To them, not winning the superbowl was a failure of a season. Last year making the playoffs with a rookie QB wasn't an amazing season for them. They need someone to blame for the "failure."

They get so angry, so personal, so out of control. They already scream at not getting their way. I'm waiting for a couple of them to hold their breath until they turn blue.

HT sucks

And I think you're right about Brady-era fans. They like winning (who doesn't) but just don't understand how rare the last 20 years have been.
We precisely do which is why so many of us are frustrated with how Bill has been building this team for years.

We precisely do which is why so many of us are frustrated with how Bill has been building this team for years.
Just because you don't understand a system doesn't mean it isn't a good system. It usually means that you simply don't know and/or understand all the parameters at play and/or how they interact. If you understood how complicated and interactive team building is, you wouldn't think the solution is simply replace Belichick.

We old timers who watched the team suck year after year and every spring hoped for the best each spring will be here long after the front-runners have given up I think that's what KoK was talking about. It's something that fans of a player don't understand. Not many follow college football because it is about the team. Players leave and it is understood.

Belichick and Brady are exceptional, unique and rare. That they played together is incredible.

All that said, I'm 75 years old this week, and have too much left I want to do before I die. Ever the optimist in all things, I just started a new career (songwriting of all things). Thanks for the conversations, in the old days and now, but I'm going to restrict myself to things I enjoy. One of them is being a fan of the Pats. One of them is not banging my head against the wall. :D

Back