Looking At The Patriots 2022

We used to be held back because BB kept his buddy JMD around. Now he's gone and we're doomed because Mac lost his QB coach and evidently he is a system QB and only JMD knows what the system is.

I think that system QB stuff has been heard around these parts before, and might be the reason Mac Jones didn't make PFF's NFL Best 25 Players Under 25 Years Old List.

He didn't even get an honorable mention.

We used to be held back because BB kept his buddy JMD around. Now he's gone and we're doomed because Mac lost his QB coach and evidently he is a system QB and only JMD knows what the system is.

I think that system QB stuff has been heard around these parts before, and might be the reason Mac Jones didn't make PFF's NFL Best 25 Players Under 25 Years Old List.

But he did???

21. QB TREVOR LAWRENCE, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Lawrence’s rookie season wasn’t the triumphant year many were hoping for from the No. 1 overall pick, with him tallying 3,600 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. But let’s be real, there’s no chance it was going to be under Urban Meyer and the circus that was the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2021. Among all the chaos, Lawrence still showed flashes of that special quarterback ability while navigating the typical NFL learning curve. With Doug Pederson now as his head coach, we’re expecting a huge leap from Lawrence in Year 2.

MAC - 3801 yards, 22 TD's and 13 Int's.

The bigger issue with losing McDaniels right now is Mac is going into his second year so continuity is key. There is no doubt that at times McDaniels could be infuriating but he is a top offensive coach. Not sure anyone can really deny that. I would certainly feel a lot better about the offense if Bill had gone out and gotten a top coach but he pretty much settled for a yes-man in Joe judge and appears to be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with adding Patricia. I am not sure how all of this is not a major concern to most folks here.

But he did???

Lawrence’s rookie season wasn’t the triumphant year many were hoping for from the No. 1 overall pick, with him tallying 3,600 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. But let’s be real, there’s no chance it was going to be under Urban Meyer and the circus that was the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2021. Among all the chaos, Lawrence still showed flashes of that special quarterback ability while navigating the typical NFL learning curve. With Doug Pederson now as his head coach, we’re expecting a huge leap from Lawrence in Year 2.

Come on, Man. You know the answer. Mac Jones is nothing but a system QB. Plus he hit his ceiling in 2021.

But he did???

PFF is becoming unhinged.

We're doomed this year because We had Joe Judge and Matt Patricia as offensive coaches. If next year they get new jobs elsewhere we'll be doomed because we lost...Matt Patricia and Joe Judge.
In my entire, long, long life I have never seen a non-head coaching situation get so much hand-wringing attention as this one. Regardless of their performance, or lack thereof, as head coaches, they were both hired for those positions based upon their performance and reputation as coordinators/position coaches. I don't recall any local or national outrage when they were hired as head coaches. Now, they're both moronic football dunces. In hindsight, they clearly weren't head coaching material but that doesn't mean they're not valuable employees.

People like Mazz continually attempt to pick up Mercury with a fork.

We're doomed because McDaniels is OC and we're now doomed because he's left. We're doomed because we don't have experienced assistant coaches in situ and now we're doomed because we now have 3 x Head Coaches spread across the team.

Cole Strange is doomed because a 74-year-old ex Employee of the Patriots did not give him the once over.

The list goes on and on and on......it's very boring at this stage.

We're doomed because McDaniels is OC and we're now doomed because he's left. We're doomed because we don't have experienced assistant coaches in situ and now we're doomed because we now have 3 x Head Coaches spread across the team.

Cole Strange is doomed because a 74-year-old ex Employee of the Patriots did not give him the once over.

Largely because it's coming from boring people. It's what they do and what the are.

Ignore is a wonderful feature.

In my entire, long, long life I have never seen a non-head coaching situation get so much hand-wringing attention as this one. Regardless of their performance, or lack thereof, as head coaches, they were both hired for those positions based upon their performance and reputation as coordinators/position coaches. I don't recall any local or national outrage when they were hired as head coaches. Now, they're both moronic football dunces. In hindsight, they clearly weren't head coaching material but that doesn't mean they're not valuable employees.

What some don't realize is that Joe Judge was in line to be our OC 3-4 years ago if McD had left for a HC job. He knows our O.

PFF is becoming unhinged.

To only have 2 QBs on their list is disregarding the importance of the QB position. Sikkema is 1 guy at PFF and this is his list and his list only. He does give this modifier statement at the beginning. "This list is not in order of who you’d take in a re-draft, and though positional value does factor into the ranking some due to role requirements, it’s not the main component. This is more of an overall talent recognition and accomplishment list."

Nevertheless, to leave Mac Jones off that list reflects a screw loose, hence, unhinged.

Sikkema recently joined PFF & his Florida bias is showing.

I wonder why he discounts this stat. Pats 3rd in the NFL in explosive plays last year with Mac Jones at QB. Where's Jax?

View: https://twitter.com/MattBowen41/status/1526360075845214209

The bigger issue with losing McDaniels right now is Mac is going into his second year so continuity is key. There is no doubt that at times McDaniels could be infuriating but he is a top offensive coach. Not sure anyone can really deny that. I would certainly feel a lot better about the offense if Bill had gone out and gotten a top coach but he pretty much settled for a yes-man in Joe judge and appears to be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with adding Patricia. I am not sure how all of this is not a major concern to most folks here.
I would be more concerned if we were talking about a different QB, or if we were going to be running a dramatically different offense. In this case Mac was far more advanced than any rookie I have ever seen commanding the huddle and making checks at the line, I think this gets overlooked in terms of how good he was as a rookie. Maybe we can be concerned with the difference in play calling in specific situations, but the concepts of the system generally dictate the calls, so even that shouldn't be as radically different as some may be thinking here.

When Josh left my first thought was Mac and his second year. But after watching him for years, Mac will be fine. He has been with two organizations that has shown him how to prepare for big games in college and the NFL. Yes, college is different from the NFL but the pressure, preparation and more is part of his makeup. He will get dinged up but he has shown how to learn and improve from it. People may not believe in him, people may thing the world is falling, but he will be okay in his 2nd year.

To only have 2 QBs on their list is disregarding the importance of the QB position. Sikkema is 1 guy at PFF and this is his list and his list only. He does give this modifier statement at the beginning. "This list is not in order of who you’d take in a re-draft, and though positional value does factor into the ranking some due to role requirements, it’s not the main component. This is more of an overall talent recognition and accomplishment list."

Nevertheless, to leave Mac Jones off that list reflects a screw loose, hence, unhinged.
And there's like 10 EDGE guys on that list, half of whom won't make it to 30.

List of points for, against and delta for 2021 season, only listing teams that scored over 400 points offensively.

Team. PF. PA. Delta
Bills. 483. 289. 194
Chiefs 480. 364. 116
Pats. 462. 303. 159
Cinci. 460. 376. 84
Colts. 451. 365. 86
Titans. 419. 354. 65

Only one team in front of Pats considering both O and D. This is a good thing. Pats D is a standout.

Uche and McGrone have been working hard. The coaches are confident they can both play championship caliber football this year.
There is also the thought among the coaches that KVN's presence hampered Uche's development last year by reducing his playing time.

Back