Looking At The Patriots 2022

Interesting the way Jules agrees with Marty Bennett about Jimmy G being a bitch?

View: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1541426274643722241

OK. That was fantastic for several reasons and I won't address all of them to the depth they deserve.

Marty Bennett? Yeah, I don't care about how anyone sees him, very interesting, unique and a devastatingly individual thinking individual. Props Marty.

And Jules answer was perfect. I mean this cat Jules legit played for relative pennies and put it all on the the line, every day for the right reasons. Not that money isn't. But Dammit Jules you fucking get it.

💖💖✌✌

OK. That was fantastic for several reasons and I won't address all of them to the depth they deserve.

Marty Bennett? Yeah, I don't care about how anyone sees him, very interesting, unique and a devastatingly individual thinking individual. Props Marty.

And Jules answer was perfect. I mean this cat Jules legit played for relative pennies and put it all on the the line, every day for the right reasons. Not that money isn't. But Dammit Jules you fucking get it.

💖💖✌✌

I loved Marty when he was here. Such a breath of fresh air in contrast to the usual blandness players come out with. I loved when he called out Jason Witten that time. A player the media always fellated with gusto.

And his monologue on bacon in the Pats lockerroom that time was hilarious :rofl:

Silly question as BB did it with Brady who was less in the first couple of years. The better question is: Can Mac Jones carry the Patriots to a Super Bowl win?
Brady didn't have nearly the level (or at least quality volume) of competition, especially right in the AFC.

Brady didn't have nearly the level (or at least quality volume) of competition, especially right in the AFC.
But he did have a defense against the Greatest Show on Turf. Plus he had "it," the cool factor that had him fall asleep for a nap on a bench in the locker room three hours before the SB.

Last edited:
In the 00's the Colts and Steelers were the top competition. For years it was the pats and colts as the 2 best teams in the NFL followed by the Steelers. Plus the Ravens as well with Ray Lewis. The 2010s were more even I would say as the Colts declined with Luck so it was more the Chargers and then of course Denver with Manning and the Ravens with Flacco.

I think over the last 2 years the uber talent has all gone to the AFC. It has been such anomaly to see so much talent to to one conference. That being said, IMO the Rams are the best team in football.

Silly question as BB did it with Brady who was less in the first couple of years. The better question is: Can Mac Jones carry the Patriots to a Super Bowl win?
No he can't and that is not a slight on Jones who I think has very good talent. But in today's league he is going to need weapons to compete with the top teams in the AFC. It is an offensive league.

In the 00's the Colts and Steelers were the top competition. For years it was the pats and colts as the 2 best teams in the NFL followed by the Steelers. Plus the Ravens as well with Ray Lewis. The 2010s were more even I would say as the Colts declined with Luck so it was more the Chargers and then of course Denver with Manning and the Ravens with Flacco.

I think over the last 2 years the uber talent has all gone to the AFC. It has been such anomaly to see so much talent to to one conference. That being said, IMO the Rams are the best team in football.
I don't think it's an anomaly. 70s we're all AFC starting in 1972 - Miami, Pittsburgh, and Oakland, though Cowboys and Vikings were just behind, so that was more top-heavy than really slanted with volume.. 80s and through most of the 90s the NFC Championship game was the de facto Superbowl. Usually at least the best 3 (and often more) teams were in the NFC - some combination of Dallas, SF, Redskins, Giants, and Bears, with GB sprinkled in at the end of the run.

I don't think it's an anomaly. 70s we're all AFC starting in 1972 - Miami, Pittsburgh, and Oakland, though Cowboys and Vikings were just behind, so that was more top-heavy than really slanted with volume.. 80s and through most of the 90s the NFC Championship game was the de facto Superbowl. Usually at least the best 3 (and often more) teams were in the NFC - some combination of Dallas, SF, Redskins, Giants, and Bears, with GB sprinkled in at the end of the run.
Yes. There has been dominant times but what has happened the last 2 years with so much talent going to the AFC both in FA and in the draft seems pretty intense to me. I am sure there has been other years this has happened in the past that I can't remember. LOL.

Back