Looking At The Patriots 2022

Kind of like being wooed away from the local Walmart by the head cashier at Target.
IDK. Patriots.com has to to be a big deal for a guy focused on the Pats. and the chance to be on TV has to be a big draw for a sports writer. Would love to see him and BB together working the Pats All Access Belistrator. He has a excellent voice in his play Xs and Os breakdowns.

IDK. Patriots.com has to to be a big deal for a guy focused on the Pats. and the chance to be on TV has to be a big draw for a sports writer. Would love to see him and BB together working the Pats All Access Belistrator. He has a excellent voice in his play Xs and Os breakdowns.
Yeah, I agree sort of. I like Evan and after Mike R he is my go to guy; I'll look forward to see what he does at Patriots.com, but the Patriots.com product so far has been subpar especially when compared to the product on the field. I feel like he settled and could have done better, but he will make Patriots.com better.

Yeah, I agree sort of. I like Evan and after Mike R he is my go to guy; I'll look forward to see what he does at Patriots.com, but the Patriots.com product so far has been subpar especially when compared to the product on the field. I feel like he settled and could have done better, but he will make Patriots.com better.
Yes, Lazar and Reiss are my two favorites as well, Reiss for news and Lazar for x's and O's. Lazar is the best at the x's and o's which makes him a hero in my book but probably limits him for top jobs because, let's face it, fewer people are interested in breaking down plays than hearing the latest hot takes and it's really hard to generate clicks without saying outrageous things designed to generate clicks.

Yes, Lazar and Reiss are my two favorites as well, Reiss for news and Lazar for x's and O's. Lazar is the best at the x's and o's which makes him a hero in my book but probably limits him for top jobs because, let's face it, fewer people are interested in breaking down plays than hearing the latest hot takes and it's really hard to generate clicks without saying outrageous things designed to generate clicks.
MR manages to do it.

Bill Belichick is the key to developing Mac Jones. In the early years of the Patriots dynasty, Belichick spent 45 minutes a week with the defense. The rest of the time? He was teaching Tom Brady how to read defenses. “That’s why we were so good,” Dean Pees told
@MDGAPodcast
Do you believe at age 70 Bill is going to put in the same amount of time with Mac as he did with Brady? I certainly hope so but it might be a big ask at this stage of Bill’s career.

Do you believe at age 70 Bill is going to put in the same amount of time with Mac as he did with Brady? I certainly hope so but it might be a big ask at this stage of Bill’s career.
of course he will. if he can't do the job he won't be there.
are you acknowledging that he was a big part of tb's development?

of course he will. if he can't do the job he won't be there.
are you acknowledging that he was a big part of tb's development?
I think Bill is more about delegating at this stage of his career. I think he will work with Mac but not sure to the level of Brady.

Brady himself said Bill was the most instrumental person in his development.

I think Bill is more about delegating at this stage of his career.
What are you basing this on? Based on what I saw during OTAs and what players said they learned from him, I see no change at all. But all I know is what I see and hear. Perhaps he is mailing it in as he slides toward retirement. I just don't see it.

I think Bill is more about delegating at this stage of his career. I think he will work with Mac but not sure to the level of Brady.

Brady himself said Bill was the most instrumental person in his development.
then why don't you trust he will do that with mac? there's no "at this stage" with bb. if he's there, he's working. he wouldn't cheat the game or the team, he doesn't ask of his players what he won't give. he's not arians.

What are you basing this on? Based on what I saw during OTAs and what players said they learned from him, I see no change at all. But all I know is what I see and hear. Perhaps he is mailing it in as he slides toward retirement. I just don't see it.
Last season was a real eye opener. He delegated everything to his assistants and when the defense was a mess the first 6 weeks of the season he finally got involved and turned things around. He also did not seem very engaged on the sideline all season save for the Tampa game. He just seems much more hands off. He did not go to the senior bowl the last couple of years and seems to take longer vacays each off-season. Listen, I don't blame him. He is 70 and has had unprecedented success but I sense a bit of a checking out from him. He has his sons on the team so he can kind of sit back and relax. He also has his "yes" men in Judge and Patricia which is frustrating as I really wanted to see him go out and get a top notch OC.

I very much doubt he is going to dedicate anywhere near the time with Mac that he did with Brady when he was still trying to establish himself as a HC and knew he struck gold in Brady in terms of him taking his coaching and executing it to perfection. I hope I am wrong though.

Last season was a real eye opener. He delegated everything to his assistants NO HE DIDN'T and when the defense was a mess the first 6 weeks of the season he finally got involved and turned things around FALSE. He also did not seem very engaged on the sideline all season save for the Tampa game LOL. He just seems much more hands off <SEEMS>. He did not go to the senior bowl the last couple of years and seems to take longer vacays each off-season SO WHAT?. Listen, I don't blame him. He is 70 and has had unprecedented success but I sense a bit of a checking out from him <SENSE>. He has his sons on the team so he can kind of sit back and relax BELICHICK RELAX? YOU REALLY HAVE NOT PAID ATTENTION TO ANYTHING EXCEPT BRADY FOR 22 YEARS. He also has his "yes" men in Judge and Patricia which is frustrating as I really wanted to see him go out and get a top notch OC. BECAUSE BELICHICK HAS A HISTORY OF HAVING "YES MEN". RIGHT.

I very much doubt he is going to dedicate anywhere near the time with Mac that he did with Brady BECAUSE YOU TALK TO HIM ALL THE TIME, RIGHT?when he was still trying to establish himself as a HC and knew he struck gold in Brady in terms of him taking his coaching and executing it to perfection FINALY A POSITIVE - ABOUT BRADY. I hope I am wrong though. NO YOU DON'T. I HAVE A SENSE THAT YOU DON'T. I GET THAT FROM KNOWING MORE THAN BELICHICK DOES JUST LIKE YOU.

How otherwise normal people can become so unglued as to INVENT an alternate reality to suit a fantasy is weird to me.

When did everyone get so down on Patricia? I remember when he was a rising star and everyone was all "Fear the Beard" and all that. Was it because he stumbled as a first time HC, or before that?

When did everyone get so down on Patricia? I remember when he was a rising star and everyone was all "Fear the Beard" and all that. Was it because he stumbled as a first time HC, or before that?
When Flores stepped in as DC after Patricia left and ran the defense so much better and more aggressively that was when I soured on Patricia. Of course his stint in Detroit was a disaster.

His conservatism on D rubbed Pats fans the wrong way, imo.

His conservatism on D rubbed Pats fans the wrong way, imo.

That, and I thought one of the big trademarks of his D's was a lot of last-second gesticulating and uncertainty by multiple guys trying to sort out what their jobs were as (and after) the ball was snapped. Flores had a lot of the same players, but you saw very little of that stuff and our D, while still somewhat conservative (imo) was dramatically better.

I've been wanting to see an actual aggressive, attacking Patriots D for a long time. I had thought with the addition of numerous pass-rushers over the last few seasons that we'd see less of the mush rushes and maddening, long 3rd-down completions, but with the Patricia calling the shots I've abandoned all hopes of that. No, I'm not a fan of the guy. If he has a strong suit as a coach, then I have no idea what that might be.

I would have given the job to Jerod Mayo. If we don't promote the guy soon then somebody else will.

Back