Looking At The Patriots 2022

I, for one, believe that Jonnu was misused by a below average play caller last year. A play caller focused on developing Mac (did a nice job) than he was on calling the plays (and taking on risk to his rep) needed to win games. A magic 8 ball may have been better calling plays.

Do I think McDummy COULD have been a good play caller last year? Yes. He just chose not to, IMO.

In case anyone forgot how much fun it was seeing me bitch about it all game last season.

:coffee:
Wait to you get a look at Judge.

FS58fKbWQAgwrVx

Pats have the most twitter fans. Jerrah isn't happy
Pats have more Twitter followers than the Jets and Giants combined.

Rams and chargers near the bottom.

On Jonnu Smith
2017 Ten 18 rec 157 yards
2018 Ten 20 rec 258 yards
2019 Ten 35 rec 439 yards
2020 Ten 41 rec 448 yards
2021 NW 28 rec 294 yards

He should have better production but would average out to a plus ten yards per game. So far I am not wild about his skill set.
Maybe the best gain will come from the WR group.

Did he ever produce in other ways? :rolleyes:

They should use him as a hybrid player...fullback, TE, power running back. Heck, even DE for a few plays.

This year, Jonnu may play more H-Back TE. The Pats no longer have a "FB". Something is up so figure out their plans.
In a pinch Stevenson could do it but in my mind he's too valuable as a RB in the rotation.
Asiasi or Keene or Fumagalli primarily as blockers with an occasional pass reception in the "FB" role.
Jonnu can block and catch pretty well so he'd be a legit dual threat out of the backfield.

This year, Jonnu may play more H-Back TE. The Pats no longer have a "FB". Something is up so figure out their plans.
In a pinch Stevenson could do it but in my mind he's too valuable as a RB in the rotation.
Asiasi or Keene or Fumagalli primarily as blockers with an occasional pass reception in the "FB" role.
Jonnu can block and catch pretty well so he'd be a legit dual threat out of the backfield.
Why would you pay a guy 12.5 million a year to be an H-back TE?

Why would you pay a guy 12.5 million a year to be an H-back TE?

I'd pay 12.5 million/year for an uber athletic and more versatile Kyle Juszczyk.

But we don't have much of an idea yet of what Jonnu's role will be this season. I expect he'll be much better.

It will be like the Hakowies(sp). If Judge doesn't know what he's doing there's no way the opposing defense will.
It will be like the Hakowies(sp). If Judge doesn't know what he's doing there's no way the opposing defense will.
Don't you mean the Fukawies?

Cheers

Don't you mean the Fukawies?

Cheers
Probably. Your version makes more sense. All I remember was the story that the name was based on where the "Fvck are we". But don't remember the F sound.

Probably. Your version makes more sense. All I remember was the story that the name was based on where the "Fvck are we". But don't remember the F sound.
Well the Hekawies was the tribe in the old TV series F Troop, but they obviously were politely backreferencing from the original and best version so you were right but I'm right, too. :)

AHern was pretty good. :coffee:
In Aherns rookie year he went 563 and 6 TDs in 14 games.
Jonnu has never had a year that good in his five or 6 year career.
Year two Ahern had just over 900 yards, and 7 TDs in 14 games played. The guy showed major improvement.
If you think Jonnu has potential to be Ahern, then we have to agree to disagree. For the life of me I don’t understand paying a guy like him 12.5 million a year to be an Hback while letting homegrown proven talent like Jackson walk.

Year two Ahern had just over 900 yards, and 7 TDs in 14 games played. The guy showed major improvement.
If you think Jonnu has potential to be Ahern, then we have to agree to disagree. For the life of me I don’t understand paying a guy like him 12.5 million a year to be an Hback while letting homegrown proven talent like Jackson walk.

You keep posting as if you think that Jonnu has been given the opportunity to show off his utmost potential.

When?

In Tennessee, which was a run-first offense, and when passing had WRs like AJ Brown?

Last year in NE, where McDaniels was clearly keeping the training wheels on Mac?

Just when, exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He was overpaid because we blew two drafts picks the year prior on 2 TEs.

Back