Looking At The Patriots 2022

In Aherns rookie year he went 563 and 6 TDs in 14 games.
Jonnu has never had a year that good in his five or 6 year career.
Year two Ahern had just over 900 yards, and 7 TDs in 14 games played. The guy showed major improvement.
If you think Jonnu has potential to be Ahern, then we have to agree to disagree. For the life of me I don’t understand paying a guy like him 12.5 million a year to be an Hback while letting homegrown proven talent like Jackson walk.

That doesn't mean he can't do it. Jonnu is just as athletic as Ahern was but Jonnu hasn't been used that way ever before in his career. Opportunity matters.

In Aherns rookie year he went 563 and 6 TDs in 14 games.
Jonnu has never had a year that good in his five or 6 year career.
Year two Ahern had just over 900 yards, and 7 TDs in 14 games played. The guy showed major improvement.
If you think Jonnu has potential to be Ahern, then we have to agree to disagree. For the life of me I don’t understand paying a guy like him 12.5 million a year to be an Hback while letting homegrown proven talent like Jackson walk.
You asked why pay a GUY that money to be an HB-TE
Chev clearly gave you a viable answer. Seems you just want to to be disagreeable.

Can't even sign their draft picks, yea great cap management.
And they pay the most for those that perform the least.

Dude stop it.

You watch teams sell their futures down the river over and over.

Belichick has made no moves yet because there is no need-----yet.

Do you REALLY BELIEVE that the Patriots can't sign their draft class?

Really?

Dude stop it.

You watch teams sell their futures down the river over and over.

Belichick has made no moves yet because there is no need-----yet.

Do you REALLY BELIEVE that the Patriots can't sign their draft class?

Really?
I know they will sign their draft picks, who are they cutting or refinancing? How can PFF evaluate a budget that in essence in the red?
Patriots aren't keeping up. They're in a no growth mode, they dump starters because they signed high price non performers.

The NFL budget is like ponzi scheme that works because the cap limit is always increasing. But no, they can't play that game.

I know they will sign their draft picks, who are they cutting or refinancing? How can PFF evaluate a budget that in essence in the red?
Patriots aren't keeping up. They're in a no growth mode, they dump starters because they signed high price non performers.

The NFL budget is like ponzi scheme that works because the cap limit is always increasing. But no, they can't play that game.

You are panicking. Don't do that. There is a plan. This is not a react regime.

They pay no attention to the media and the fans. They have (almost) no owner interference.

Meanwhile, draft "experts" rate the Cowboys draft (fully influenced by all) as better.

McDummy is gone and the draft was better than Mel thinks.

I'm in a good place.

Try it.

One cube or two?

Some homework for you. Please go to overthecap.com. Select Patriots and please open the 2022 tab and write down the available cap space. Please then open the 2023 tab and write down the available cap space. Please do the same for 2024. Now please do the same for the Saints. You'll notice that the Saints have more than 12 times the 2022 cap space that the Patriots have, but what else do you notice? Which team is in better cap shape? Please show your work.

Last edited:
again...We?
He's not wrong here, and I would add that "we" also blew two picks on LB's at the same time on guys we hear are going to be great in the pre-season only to disappear once the games are for real. I get that Mazz only posts the negative but the fact is he's 100% correct that the FA spending spree was required directly because of Bills failures in the draft prior to last year. Anyone disputing that is as much a Billbobo as they claim Mazz is a Troll.

He's not wrong here, and I would add that "we" also blew two picks on LB's at the same time on guys we hear are going to be great in the pre-season only to disappear once the games are for real. I get that Mazz only posts the negative but the fact is he's 100% correct that the FA spending spree was required directly because of Bills failures in the draft prior to last year. Anyone disputing that is as much a Billbobo as they claim Mazz is a Troll.

Good lord. :banghead::unsure::lecture:

Here's the problem. You are starting with a conclusion and then attribute intention and/or process to neutral facts to make the facts match the conclusion in a way not supported by facts.

What you and I know; The Patriots release/not re-sign starters. That's all we know.

You say it is because they signed high price non performers. Why do you say that? There could be a number of reasons, but you pick the one that matches your agenda, and use the word DUMP to further spin the idea that when BB cuts players, it is bad.

Mazz recently said she posts for diversion and amusement. Don't know about you. Are you enjoying your shtick as much as she does hers?

This I just don't get? You're upset because the Pats avoid a Ponzi scheme? Do you know what a Ponzi scheme is? How it works? How Ponzi schemes inevitably end for those who that that game?

Back