Looking At The Patriots 2022

I'm thinking a few plays scattered here and there to keep defenses guessing & on their heels. I can't imagine outside zone becomes our bread and butter rushing attack. It's not working so far as our D has torn it to shreds.

Because the D line is going to be a beast or because the O is learning it or both?

If both, is it 75/25?

I'm thinking a few plays scattered here and there to keep defenses guessing & on their heels. I can't imagine outside zone becomes our bread and butter rushing attack. It's not working so far as our D has torn it to shreds.
I hear you. It definitely hasn't been pretty, but as I understand it, this is a hard discipline to learn and execute properly and it takes a long time to install.

After reading about the learning curve and length of time it takes to function properly as a unit I'm not surprised that they are having issues and am somewhat pleased that they are seemingly taking baby steps in the right direction.

This seems to indicate it is a wholesale change rather than a few wrinkles.

I think I'll wait awhile before I sound any alarms and head for my 1950's nuclear attack underground bunker. For crissakes we're about 10 flippin' days in...

Agreed monster year last year...
(It's not always about the qb)
GM/HC count
Bills should still be rated higher than Pats and the "Tamperers" but I expect Bills to regress.
Oh Ya , Jets .......It's the Jets
And Tamperers...Still roll with tua
Pats get their own house In order , The division is theirs to be taken
The Bills had a down year last year. I doubt that happens again. They are the team to beat not just in the East but the entire AFC IMO.
Im not sure the Pats take over the Fins for second. I am very nervous about the new offense Bill is trying to implement. So far it has been difficult for the offense and for Mac to pick up. Have to see how everything smooths out over the season. I guess we know more after week 1. LOL

This seems to indicate it is a wholesale change rather than a few wrinkles.

It is. I was listening to the radio most of the day today and all the folks that have been covering camp and the scrimmage said it is the Shanny/McVay system. I find it quite intriguing. I am wondering what led Bill to do such a drastic change given the success Mac had last year in the 2+ decade system Bill had been running. Perhaps watching the Rams win the SB sparked the change? I am pretty psyched for it as the league is so offensively driven that I think Bill has finally seen the light in terms of having an offense that can put up points. My only concern is the personnel. The Shanny offense typically has explosive playmakers but perhaps that will come in time.

The Bills had a down year last year. I doubt that happens again. They are the team to beat not just in the East but the entire AFC IMO.
Im not sure the Pats take over the Fins for second. I am very nervous about the new offense Bill is trying to implement. So far it has been difficult for the offense and for Mac to pick up. Have to see how everything smooths out over the season. I guess we know more after week 1. LOL
Its funny ,Trying to find commen ground with you,
Bills had a down year(what?),I think they might have peaked.
(BB and Pats stole a win with 3 passes thrown)
I'll agree I'm concerned to see where this offense goes and whos calling it but In BB I trust

Its funny ,Trying to find commen ground with you,
Bills had a down year(what?),I think they might have peaked.
(BB and Pats stole a win with 3 passes thrown)
I'll agree I'm concerned to see where this offense goes and whos calling it but In BB I trust
Peaked? Allen is entering his prime.
Last year their defense was down and at times their offense sputtered. They have the best roster in the conference IMO.

The Pats are a bit of a mystery with the offensive change. We'll know a lot more over the next few weeks.

We won't know much the next few weeks. Oh, there will be some glimpses of things, but they will look a lot different than they will in the regular season.

And even then, I won't look for real cohesion until week 5.
I disagree. I think if the offense continues to go sideways through the preseason there’s a very real chance that the new offense gets scrapped and they go back to the old offense. What makes this extremely difficult in my opinion is the Pats don’t have anyone on the staff that is familiar with the Shanny system. It is really head scratching why Bill did not go out and get an OC with experience in the system given the enormity of the change and Mac in his second season trying to learn something completely new from his rookie year where he finished second for ROTY.

I'll give you that, Rules have been adjusted for qb's for years....but
Bill Belichick ???
Bill is great but he needs the horses like every other coach.

I think it's a big stretch to assume the Pats are using the "Shanny System".

It's probably a safer assumption that they are incorporating some zone blocking schemes.

I doubt the Pats are changing terminology to a WCO.

I think it's a big stretch to assume the Pats are using the "Shanny System".

It's probably a safer assumption that they are incorporating some zone blocking schemes.

I doubt the Pats are changing terminology to a WCO.
That's what I thought too but the beat guys are saying it's a complete change.

I disagree. I think if the offense continues to go sideways through the preseason there’s a very real chance that the new offense gets scrapped and they go back to the old offense. What makes this extremely difficult in my opinion is the Pats don’t have anyone on the staff that is familiar with the Shanny system. It is really head scratching why Bill did not go out and get an OC with experience in the system given the enormity of the change and Mac in his second season trying to learn something completely new from his rookie year where he finished second for ROTY.
WTF are you talking about? The "Shanny System?" Explain that for me, please. You wouldn't know the "Shanny System" from your sewerage system. It's obvious you think Mac is a dummy. You don't think he's bright enough to master a modified offensive system which still has its roots in McDaniels' offense? Despite what the media dopes tell fellow dopes like you, the changes in the offense center upon Oline blocking schemes, back fields without a traditional fullback and runs designed to go laterally along the line of scrimmage. So, quit pretending you know anything about offensive systems. You don't. And before you or anyone else tries to whack me with gender bias, let me say this: there are loads of women who know more about this subject than I do. But, you aren't one of them.

Back