Looking At The Patriots 2022

He’s coached safeties for many years, outside linebackers, and also some play calling. Please show any link that he’s been the official cornerbacks coach.

Whoever is the CB coach is a major weapon on the staff, turning multiple UDFA players into elite man corners is an extremely valuable asset
If said coach is so great then why have the Pats have so many busts on drafted DBs?
Think you have to give these UDFAs some credit.
And question the scouting staff.
And scouting staff applies league wide.

I want Zappe to play but I think getting a top 5 pick is the priority now so not sure it matters who plays. Season is over.
And you KNOW BB the abominable coachman just can't wait to tank it.

You know it BITCH!

m18zAeCXwwIVQORBXik66tz7K6ePBcWPUtqsE3x2fk4.jpg

You clearly have not paid attention to how Belichick operates in any way, shape, form or context for over 20 years.

Tanking is a losers method which permeates and destroys a team and Bill has never done that nor will he ever. Brady on the the other hand, yeah, asshole, and the evidence mounts.
But you forget, destroying the team would please Mazz. She roots for a player. We root for a team.

Justy kidding, I know you know what she roots for.

In a boot. He had surgery on his ankle August 21 and hasn't played yet.

If said coach is so great then why have the Pats have so many busts on drafted DBs?
Think you have to give these UDFAs some credit.
And question the scouting staff.
And scouting staff applies league wide.
Yes and no, highly-drafted corners have the highest bust rates in the league, and have for a while.

Edit: Which is likely why Belichick would rather gamble on someone in the 2nd round, than blow a first round pick, when the chances are just as good, that a UDFA will play better. First Round CBs that have played for the Patriots since 2000: Ty Law, Terrell Buckley, Darelle Revis, Stephon Gilmore. That's the list. 3 Hall of Famers and a guy who won't be that had 50 picks in his career. Well, Devin McCourty, who went on to be a top safety in the league for over a decade. And they've had one of the best secondaries in the league cumulatively since 2014.

Maybe it's not just Belichick that busts on DBs?

Last edited:
I'm absolutely baffled by the lack of run Marcus Jones has gotten, particularly given the trouble Bryant has gotten into. At the very least, punt and kick returns, but at that slot corner as well.

I do love Jack, though.

I'm absolutely baffled by the lack of run Marcus Jones has gotten, particularly given the trouble Bryant has gotten into. At the very least, punt and kick returns, but at that slot corner as well.

I do love Jack, though.
Same. There has to be a reason. He hasn't even gotten run in the return game much, like you said, baffling.

I do love Jack, though.

Bledsoe took some snaps covering Andrews in the 3rd quarter and looked decent. I hope that means the Bryant project is close to done. The kid tries hard, but he makes more mistakes than plays it seems.

Lombardi gives his take on the Patriots. I agree with him about the turnovers. I thought TO margin would be crucial for this team to win games this year.

FdsF30fXEAQa8oo

Lombardi gives his take on the Patriots. I agree with him about the turnovers. I thought TO margin would be crucial for this team to win games this year.

FdsF30fXEAQa8oo

I was going to post that when I read it. Lombardi is very close to BB and a trusted associate. He's always been a media guy who understood the Patriots. So it's very pointed to read this. He's right about the T/Os; we could indeed be 3-0. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Mac throwing to Parker in traffic fits that description, I'm afraid. I just don't know what the hell he was doing. It started with that very first drive against Miami when we were moving slickly down the field and in position to take an early, morale-boosting lead. I'm not hating on Mac here and I'm not saying he's not our franchise QB, but I hate some of the decisions he's made. He's still young though and still a newbie so he should learn.

Back