Looking At The Patriots 2022

as far as the Pats D, I'm going to have to see them do it over the rest of the season. Bills twice, Dolphins, Vikings (depending on what Vikes team shows up), Bengals, Cards (a running QB which we seem to have issues with). Raiders are a mess but McD will want to beat Pats more then anything.... it would make his season.

With that schedule D is going to have to be as good as we want to think they are, and the offense has to get it together. Jets might be the toughest D they play against rest of the year, but the Bills and Phin's are good.... and TBH not sure where most of the others rank.
So you'll make your judgment of the Pats' D after watching the entire season? Interesting...I'm willing to best that and predict the entirety of the Patriots' season (after the super bowl) and guarantee that I'll be at least 90% accurate. :coffee:

Last edited:
The rest of the season will put these BB fluff pieces to the test.
Zack Wilson will be a backup next year. They’ve been playing the worst teams in the NFL for over a month.
Judon is a beast. But as you say, we'll see how the D looks against some of the best offenses. That being said, none of it matters until the offense shows something related to being at least a competent NFL offense. Having the worst Oline makes that a huge mountain to climb.

Over the next 21 days we'll learn a lot more about this defense. We haven't faced teams that have true stud #1 WRs since week 1, really, and we haven't faced a QB who is a scary running threat since week 3, except Brisset I guess. Minnesota definitely has a stud WR, and Buffalo and Arizona both have both.

My guess is that we'll be pleasantly surprised at how well we do against a stud #1, but I'm less optimistic about handling Allen and Murray's legs and improvisation.
Ummm...

Did you watch the Bears game?

Also, how are the many wanderers this holiday week?

Ummm...

Did you watch the Bears game?

Also, how are the many wanderers this holiday week?
That game never happened. Sincerely, I'd forgotten about it somehow.

Wanderers are well. We have a birthday tomorrow (#13, 2) and Wednesday (#8, 12) before Thanksgiving. Should be a fun week. Thanksgiving is always a trip, honestly.

Issues that remain:
  • Red zone offense is pathetic. Going 0 for 5 in the red zone is pathetic. And it’s been a problem for multiple games.
  • OLine pass blocking is a disaster. 6 sacks and 8 QB hits is pathetic. Mac Jones played excellent despite the worst pass blocking OLine in the league. Also all the OLine penalties are inexcusable and drive-killers.
  • Zero hot reads for Mac on plays is on the offensive coordinator and play design. On every play Mac should have a hot route or presnap audible to get the ball out FAST in a second if he sees a blitz or OLine breakdown. When Mac holds the ball it’s because there’s no one running a short route on the play. This is on the crappy offensive staff.

Zack Wilson will be a backup next year. They’ve been playing the worst teams in the NFL for over a month.
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................................................................

Issues that remain:
  • Red zone offense is pathetic. Going 0 for 5 in the red zone is pathetic. And it’s been a problem for multiple games.
  • OLine pass blocking is a disaster. 6 sacks and 8 QB hits is pathetic. Mac Jones played excellent despite the worst pass blocking OLine in the league. Also all the OLine penalties are inexcusable and drive-killers.
  • Zero hot reads for Mac on plays is on the offensive coordinator and play design. On every play Mac should have a hot route or presnap audible to get the ball out FAST in a second if he sees a blitz or OLine breakdown. When Mac holds the ball it’s because there’s no one running a short route on the play. This is on the crappy offensive staff.

Your 1st 2 points are valid. Your 3rd point discounts the fact that releases were there but the rush got to Mac before they were set up. Lazar explains...

as far as the Pats D, I'm going to have to see them do it over the rest of the season. Bills twice, Dolphins, Vikings (depending on what Vikes team shows up), Bengals, Cards (a running QB which we seem to have issues with). Raiders are a mess but McD will want to beat Pats more then anything.... it would make his season.

With that schedule D is going to have to be as good as we want to think they are, and the offense has to get it together. Jets might be the toughest D they play against rest of the year, but the Bills and Phin's are good.... and TBH not sure where most of the others rank.

Not me. I'm way past prove-it mode for this defense. We've clamored for an effective attacking D that dictates offensive formations for years.
This is the first Pats' D I can remember that doesn't sit back and wait for things to happen.
This D attacks and makes things happen as effectively as any D I can remember going back to the 2000 Ravens. We've never had a D like this.
I'm very happy with this defense and eagerly look forward to seeing them having fun against all comers.

The offense absolutely has to get it together. But Mac was efficient against the Jets' onslaught which could be the start. He wasn't perfect, not saying that, but he showed a lot of poise in making things happen with his arm and his head. I've been in a show-it mode (show me something consistently) with the O all year and I think the Jets game showed me they're on the verge of doing that. The foundation is almost complete. The next hurdle for me will be for the offense to prove-it against a great opponent but we're not nearly there yet. Lazar's article above explains it.

Not me. I'm way past prove-it mode for this defense. We've clamored for an effective attacking D that dictates offensive formations for years.
This is the first Pats' D I can remember that doesn't sit back and wait for things to happen.
This D attacks and makes things happen as effectively as any D I can remember going back to the 2000 Ravens. We've never had a D like this.
I'm very happy with this defense and eagerly look forward to seeing them having fun against all comers.

The offense absolutely has to get it together. But Mac was efficient against the Jets' onslaught which could be the start. He wasn't perfect, not saying that, but he showed a lot of poise in making things happen with his arm and his head. I've been in a show-it mode (show me something consistently) with the O all year and I think the Jets game showed me they're on the verge of doing that. The foundation is almost complete. The next hurdle for me will be for the offense to prove-it against a great opponent but we're not nearly there yet. Lazar's article above explains it.
I hope your right, but seems like I've seen this before. dominant early/mid season (and feasting on Jets QB's who see ghosts) then fade at the end.
When we make the Bills punt I'll feel better :coffee:

This D is not the bogeymen from 2019. As Chevss says they are a full frontal attacking D. They are forcing things on their opponents. And right now, I am confident they will make Josh Allen very uncomfortable when they play Next. Not saying we’ll win, but Allen will be in a dogfight against the front 7. And the DBs will present him with very narrow windows with no room for error. Bill will have looked at what his old assistant did when Miami bit the Bills earlier this season. Stop Allen scrambling to his right. He was less effective when he has to move left. It was a superb defensive game plan the Finns cooked up and you can be sure Bill will pout over that.

had to laugh at the arrogant Bills players all claiming Milano is the DPOY. Let’s just see about that.

GFY, Bucs fan. I see that your girlfriend Mazz liked your post.

What was your prediction again? 5 wins?

The Jets beat the Bills and Miami. We beat the Jets twice. But that math doesn’t compute in your mind.

And as I've said many times, I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.
Everyone else would prefer the latter, though. :wink:

For my part, I can relate to Roberto's line: whenever I show full frontal I get attacked.

That game never happened. Sincerely, I'd forgotten about it somehow.

Wanderers are well. We have a birthday tomorrow (#13, 2) and Wednesday (#8, 12) before Thanksgiving. Should be a fun week. Thanksgiving is always a trip, honestly.
Two the week of a major holiday. Fun. Mean that sincerely. Our oldest's birthday, Fathers Day and our anniversary are alway the same week. Crazy.

GFY, Bucs fan. I see that your girlfriend Mazz liked your post.

What was your prediction again? 5 wins?

The Jets beat the Bills and Miami. We beat the Jets twice. But that math doesn’t compute in your mind.
I had them at 6 wins this season.
When have I mentioned the Bucs?
The phins were on their 3 string rookie 6th QB playing the Jets.

I had them at 6 wins this season.
When have I mentioned the Bucs?
The phins were on their 3 string rookie 6th QB playing the Jets.
I saw a graphic during the telecast on Sunday that if the playoffs started today, all 4 teams in the East would be in the playoffs. That is amazing when you consider how putrid the division once was. I doubt it stays that way but it could as the AFC is a pile of hot trash outside of the divisional leaders.

Back