Looking at the Patriots 2023

Vegas has the Pats coming in 4th in the AFC East in '23

But

Fo4VHArXsAANlcQ

Then let's segue to a favorite movie of mine:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPfIUwmZPOQ

🙉

:rofl:

Love Peter O'Toole but have never seen this.

I have some Valentines Day dinner company this evening. I think this will be the movie of choice.

Thank you.

Not to hijack this thread much more. This is the first time I saw Peter O'Toole, in the theater when I was 10. Fell in love right then and there. Love this movie.

View: https://youtu.be/JqQWY8T5nok

Now, I've been home for 2 hours now, seems about time to put the groceries away and start dinner. :)

Now that the Super Bowl is out-of-the-way, I am really looking forward to our off-season. Given the amount of money we have to spend, I think Bill will make a bit of a splash at the start.

Now that the Super Bowl is out-of-the-way, I am really looking forward to our off-season. Given the amount of money we have to spend, I think Bill will make a bit of a splash at the start.
I just hope the splash is Higgens for a some what reasonable deal, and not swapping Jerry Judy for the same if he can’t be had.

Higgens isn’t a top ten WR, but he’s gonna be overpaid. He’s probably in the 9 to 13 range if I were going to rank WRs. For him to come to NE, he’s gonna probably want more than he’s worth. (What FA would want to come to NE right now for even market value?) I’m ok overpaying him a bit, but not top five status. He’s not worth resetting the market.

I just hope the splash is Higgens for a some what reasonable deal, and not swapping Jerry Judy for the same if he can’t be had.

Higgens isn’t a top ten WR, but he’s gonna be overpaid. He’s probably in the 9 to 13 range if I were going to rank WRs. For him to come to NE, he’s gonna probably want more than he’s worth. (What FA would want to come to NE right now for even market value?) I’m ok overpaying him a bit, but not top five status. He’s not worth resetting the market.
We won't know until he is with a new team and see how he does, but you never know with FA's and how they will fit in a new team. I think he'll do "very good" but will that match the $$ that someone desperate will pay. I could see a texans or cardinals grossly overpaying to make a "splash"
Alvin Harper was one blast-from-the-past I mentioned in another thread in regards to WR FA's.

We won't know until he is with a new team and see how he does, but you never know with FA's and how they will fit in a new team. I think he'll do "very good" but will that match the $$ that someone desperate will pay. I could see a texans or cardinals grossly overpaying to make a "splash"
Alvin Harper was one blast-from-the-past I mentioned in another thread in regards to WR FA's.
Very true.

I’m against overpaying WRs, although I’m changing my thoughts on it the way the refs are calling games these days……

The jags certainly overpaid Christian Kirk. Looking at it now it’s hard to say it was a bad signing. His presence has allowed others space to make plays, and he helped stabilize a bad skill group.

Very true.

I’m against overpaying WRs, although I’m changing my thoughts on it the way the refs are calling games these days……

The jags certainly overpaid Christian Kirk. Looking at it now it’s hard to say it was a bad signing. His presence has allowed others space to make plays, and he helped stabilize a bad skill group.
Kirk is a great example.... probably overpaid (jags had to overpay at that time to get anyone to come there) but I saw a few jags games and he's good, and does have the positive effect on his teammates as well.

After watching the SB, think the Pats are not far off.
Need a couple of OTs and one difference maker on offence.

Back