Looking at the Patriots 2023

How many games will he play?
Well he won’t be used all that much. How many carries did singletary have last year?
With Cook and Hines he will probably be way less that that.
So it’s possible on a limited workload he’s effective and stays healthy.
The thought of defending him and Allen at the 5 yard line isn’t much fun.

Agreed, looks like he was allowed to save face by being promoted...but really is just the special teams guy.
Not sure this is a promotion, really. He's not an assistant HC, he's a an assistant to the HC. General football assistant/consultant/whatever. Patricia wasn't the assistant HC in 2021. He's "generally in charge of a bunch of stuff," without actually having any specific "buck stops here" responsibilities. BB can say "Joe, go do [this think I don't want to do or isn't a great use of my time]." That's his job.

This is BB avoiding the Peter Principle. Or undoing it, rather. Can't demote Achord without scuttling his career. Can't demote Judge without the same thing. He avoided both, and kept a lot of useful football knowledge in the house. The end.

Not sure this is a promotion, really. He's not an assistant HC, he's a an assistant to the HC. General football assistant/consultant/whatever. Patricia wasn't the assistant HC in 2021. He's "generally in charge of a bunch of stuff," without actually having any specific "buck stops here" responsibilities. BB can say "Joe, go do [this think I don't want to do or isn't a great use of my time]." That's his job.

This is BB avoiding the Peter Principle. Or undoing it, rather. Can't demote Achord without scuttling his career. Can't demote Judge without the same thing. He avoided both, and kept a lot of useful football knowledge in the house. The end.

The entire 2022 Offense.

This is both funny and sad because it's true.

As I've mentioned, he's the poster boy for:
Dunning-Kruger effect, in psychology, a cognitive bias whereby people with limited knowledge or competence in a given intellectual or social domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to objective criteria or to the performance of their peers or of people in general.
In his defense, none of us know what the right move here is, but we can all probably agree a move is needed. Last year was a disaster in terms of all the decisions made. We can really only hope that this year will be different, and I believe it will. Those expecting Super Bowl will probably be disappointed like the fans of 31 other teams every year but how the team plays and the direction we are headed is what we should be evaluating.

In his defense, none of us know what the right move here is, but we can all probably agree a move is needed. Last year was a disaster in terms of all the decisions made. We can really only hope that this year will be different, and I believe it will. Those expecting Super Bowl will probably be disappointed like the fans of 31 other teams every year but how the team plays and the direction we are headed is what we should be evaluating.
We are Patriots fans. Expecting a Super Bowl every year is what we do.

One particular visit with my neurologist we started talking sports and the Patriots came up. I can't remember the actual phrasing that lead to the below..

He said," That's right. You expect your team to win every week."

To which I said, "Well, I'm not expecting them to lose."

He busted out laughing and saw I wasn't joining in. 🤣🤣🤣

He never asked about the SB.

Last edited:
Disagree, even with Brady I don't believe realistic Pats fans expected a Super Bowl every year. The history of the NFL is littered with great teams that fell short of a championship. There are just too many variables involved, and honestly if a Super Bowl win is your only measure of enjoyment of the team and each season then you're probably going to be disappointed more often than it's worth. This is about growth and direction to that goal imo.

View: https://youtu.be/6tQG15iM1UI

Back