Looking at the Patriots 2023

i admit, i was disappointed that there was no jmd replacement in the pipeline. everybody knew he was going to be a hc again. that's why i'd love to know wtf happened w/this. not having a plan is so NOT bb, and makes me think something got short circuited. like i think it did when tb left and they scrambled around and came up with signing newton. they had to know tb was out as soon as he could get out.
This is what drove me nuts as well, everyone saw it coming, so if every yahoo out there can see the train coming, how the hell did Bill not? Same thing with Brady not to dig up the past, but he had to know that offseason that Brady wasn't coming back or at least there was a good chance, how do you not prepare for it? He pretended Stidum was the guy until 30 days before camp, then brings in a washed Cam, for a wasted season. How does the greatest football mind in the game come to believe that two defensive coaches are going to implement an entirely new offense.

Hes not intrested in a discussion. Unless its to say BB is a Failure. I have posted repeatedly about Holding. BB accoutable for his decisions . What I liked about last 2 drafts. You saw Production out of Rookies . If Strange & Thornton don't show a improvement this season. They deserve to be criticized.
Their improvement will have much to do with compadent coaching. as most of the issues they had last season can be traced to the intense failure of the offencive plan and play calling.

Curran is "reporting" that Mac's attempts to get outside help last season when things were going badly on offense really pissed BB off and BB is still sore about it. He also claims Hoyer was also opposed to Patricia and Judge and was vocal about it, saying they were doing nothing for Mac's development, and that's the reason Hoyer was let go in March even though the Patriots are still paying him $1.4 Million. They could have kept him until August, but they said no, you're gone.

Curran is "reporting" that Mac's attempts to get outside help last season when things were going badly on offense really pissed BB off and BB is still sore about it. He also claims Hoyer was also opposed to Patricia and Judge and was vocal about it, saying they were doing nothing for Mac's development, and that's the reason Hoyer was let go in March even though the Patriots are still paying him $1.4 Million. They could have kept him until August, but they said no, you're gone.

Bill being petty is disappointing.

That said, it was Curran so….

Hoyer isn't a big loss, but, this story sounds logical.

Bill being petty is disappointing.

That said, it was Curran so….

Hoyer had been in the league 13 years. By then he had seen plenty of good coaching and probably some bad coaching as well. He knew Patricia was bad coaching.
Hoyer supported Mac and spoke up about the problem. Hoyer was meant to be a mentor and not a squeaky wheel. BB doesn't like squeaky wheels. He was expendable.
This part I believe.

The real issue here to me is whether BB is or was ever "pissed off at Mac Jones for going outside the building for advice on how to run the offense". Who would Mac reach out to?
Josh McD? Logical & I can understand BB being pissed about that.
Saban? Also logical, plus Saban would tell BB about any discussion between him and Mac & Saban also knows to keep it in house. No harm, no foul.

In the end, everyone can see BB's Patricia experiment failed miserably. BB may be pissed but he also owes an apology to Mac, the players and Kraft. My guess is that discussion with Kraft was held last January. "I miscalculated Patricia's ability." We'll never hear of anything remotely close to a public apology. BB keeps that stuff in house. Hiring BOB was an indirect admission of BB's mistake but I also believe hiring BOB for 2023 was the plan in 2022. Patricia was a bridge all along.

Hoyer had been in the league 13 years. By then he had seen plenty of good coaching and probably some bad coaching as well. He knew Patricia was bad coaching.
Hoyer supported Mac and spoke up about the problem. Hoyer was meant to be a mentor and not a squeaky wheel. BB doesn't like squeaky wheels. He was expendable.
This part I believe.

The real issue here to me is whether BB is or was ever "pissed off at Mac Jones for going outside the building for advice on how to run the offense". Who would Mac reach out to?
Josh McD? Logical & I can understand BB being pissed about that.
Saban? Also logical, plus Saban would tell BB about any discussion between him and Mac & Saban also knows to keep it in house. No harm, no foul.

In the end, everyone can see BB's Patricia experiment failed miserably. BB may be pissed but he also owes an apology to Mac, the players and Kraft. My guess is that discussion with Kraft was held last January. "I miscalculated Patricia's ability." We'll never hear of anything remotely close to a public apology. BB keeps that stuff in house. Hiring BOB was an indirect admission of BB's mistake but I also believe hiring BOB for 2023 was the plan in 2022. Patricia was a bridge all along.
100%

Anything close to a public admission from Bill regarding Patricia would be seen in a very positive light I believe by the team and the fans. The issue is that Bill won’t be able to bring himself to do it.

In fact, if there is any truth to the “Bill is pissed at Mac“ stories it is indicative of Bill doing just the opposite. And that’s unfortunate.

100%

Anything close to a public admission from Bill regarding Patricia would be seen in a very positive light I believe by the team and the fans. The issue is that Bill won’t be able to bring himself to do it.

In fact, if there is any truth to the “Bill is pissed at Mac“ stories it is indicative of Bill doing just the opposite. And that’s unfortunate.

Apparently all this happened early in the season before the Patricia situation played out fully. BB knew soon after that just as we all did. Patricia lost the offensive players.

Apparently all this happened early in the season before the Patricia situation played out fully. BB knew soon after that just as we all did. Patricia lost the offensive players.
If a no nothing such as myself watching through the Internet and tv was able to see the train wreck early on then Bill had to see it way before that. But he let it go on and damage his team, his QB and waste a year of the careers of his players.

The further we get from it and the more we see what we thought was going on - actually was going on or worse, the more shock I feel about it.

Last edited:
If a no nothing such as myself watching through the Internet and tv was able to see the train wreck early on then Bill had to see it way before that. But he let it go on and damage his team, his QB and waste a year of the careers of his players.

The further we get from it and the more we see what we thought was going on - actually was going on or worse, the more shock I feel about it.
It was clear as day to anyone reading this forum by august how bad things were.
The people pointing it out continually got called trolls or Bucs fans.

Back