Looking at the Patriots 2023

theAthletic says the Patriots have the toughest start of the season for all NFL teams.

Toughest start

The Patriots get no time to ease into the season, opening with Philadelphia and then Miami before traveling to take on the Jets and the Cowboys. And it’s not like they get much relief as a reward for a tough opening stretch. Their season ends with a fairly high level of difficulty as well. Following a Week 11 bye, the Patriots close out the season against the Giants, Chargers, Steelers, Chiefs, Broncos, Bills and Jets.

The Eagles game is scheduled for 4:05. Patriots will not try to fit in thirty or forty seconds for the networks. Better hope that the 1:00 games don't go into OT.

Week 2 is the Dolphins at Gillette and the league was nice enough not have the Dolphins coming north in December or January.

Week 3 is the Jets in New Jersey. You know that Bill will a special wrinkle or two just for Aaron Rogers.

The Jets have the Bills on MNF for their first game and it's a home game.

Then they fly to Dallas for game two before welcoming the Patriots for game 3.

All of the ""Experts"" are picking the jets to win both of their games before beating the Patriots.

Wouldn't the league and Goodell have a massive laundry bill to clean all those BVDs if at the end of Week 3 the Patriots were 3-0 and the jets were 0-3.

Did anyone go to the Patriot's draft party, on the Thursday of the 1st round draft? I went, and it was great. There was great free food, drinks could be bought, and they gave away Patriots items to people (by picking numbers, some of which were given to everybody on the way in). It was at the Putnum Club, in the stadium. Important Patriots people spoke during the draft: Jonathan Kraft, Bill Belichick (I was surprised he was there, for a few minutes), the new offensive coach, Bill O'Brien, Jarrod Mayo, Troy Brown (receivers coach), and some players. Offensive Linemen David Andrews, Cole Strange (picked in last years' 1st round), Adrian Phillips, and another player I can't remember, all talked to the fans from the stage. Bob Socci, the man who calls the Patriots games on the radio, asked the players questions. One thing that was kind of funny-we all watched the draft on big tv's, and when the Pats moved from 14 to 17, there were probably a few grunts. And then, when the Patriots picked Christian Gonzolez, I didn't hear anyone complain, but almost everybody in the whole big crowd of people got up and left! Anyway, it was a good time, with lots of good free food, and lots of football talk.

Did anyone go to the Patriot's draft party, on the Thursday of the 1st round draft? I went, and it was great. There was great free food, drinks could be bought, and they gave away Patriots items to people (by picking numbers, some of which were given to everybody on the way in). It was at the Putnum Club, in the stadium. Important Patriots people spoke during the draft: Jonathan Kraft, Bill Belichick (I was surprised he was there, for a few minutes), the new offensive coach, Bill O'Brien, Jarrod Mayo, Troy Brown (receivers coach), and some players. Offensive Linemen David Andrews, Cole Strange (picked in last years' 1st round), Adrian Phillips, and another player I can't remember, all talked to the fans from the stage. Bob Socci, the man who calls the Patriots games on the radio, asked the players questions. One thing that was kind of funny-we all watched the draft on big tv's, and when the Pats moved from 14 to 17, there were probably a few grunts. And then, when the Patriots picked Christian Gonzolez, I didn't hear anyone complain, but almost everybody in the whole big crowd of people got up and left! Anyway, it was a good time, with lots of good free food, and lots of football talk.

Thanks for the report, Steve. Was there any indication the crowd liked the Gonzalez pick? Personally, I loved it.

9. Belichick and Navy:
Given his close ties to the Naval Academy, the worst-case scenario for Belichick would have been for the Patriots to be playing a road game on Dec. 10, which would mean he’d be traveling with the team during the annual Army-Navy game, which will be held at Gillette Stadium on Dec. 9.
Instead, the Patriots visit the Steelers on Thursday, Dec. 7, creating a mini-bye weekend for Belichick to enjoy the tradition-rich game at his home stadium.

I met Karen when she was just a "cub" reporter starting out. We were at the Patriot's opening training camp day in 1986.
Hard to believe that I had moved from Maine to Massachusetts the year before and I was just 36 years old. I was young healthy and weighed about 185 lbs.
I never had seen anyone write or scribble as fast as she could and it was legible. I stood by her while she talked with Steve Grogan. I met him, Stanley Morgan, Tony Collins and Andre Tippett. Tippett and I were partners at the USA Coaches clinic at Gillette in 2008 and have been friends ever since.

Thank you Karen, you made my first training camp.

9. Belichick and Navy:
Given his close ties to the Naval Academy, the worst-case scenario for Belichick would have been for the Patriots to be playing a road game on Dec. 10, which would mean he’d be traveling with the team during the annual Army-Navy game, which will be held at Gillette Stadium on Dec. 9.
Instead, the Patriots visit the Steelers on Thursday, Dec. 7, creating a mini-bye weekend for Belichick to enjoy the tradition-rich game at his home stadium.

Delighted for Bill that he will see this. We have Notre Dame v Navy over here in Dublin on Aug 26th.

Thanks for the report, Steve. Was there any indication the crowd liked the Gonzalez pick? Personally, I loved it.

I didn't notice if the crowd liked the pick, but I didn't hear anyone complain at all. And the 'experts' on TV, the next day, seemed to think it was a good pick. It looked good to me, too. I'd like to mention, Joe Andruzzi also spoke to the crowd. Lastly, thank you for the compliment.

Last edited:
Let's hope he starts

I had been dreading him somehow getting back on the team and was delighted to hear he is taking his lack of talents to South Beach.

Addition by subtraction. The plan is coming together pretty nicely.

I had been dreading him somehow getting back on the team and was delighted to hear he is taking his lack of talents to South Beach.

Addition by subtraction. The plan is coming together pretty nicely.

This is the best thing he's done for the Pats in 2 years. :coffee:

The Dolphins could have saved themselves a couple million bucks by spending $79.99 on a Lousiville Slugger to just bash Tua's brains in themselves instead of waiting for the inevitable.

Thanks, Miami!

The Dolphins could have saved themselves a couple million bucks by spending $79.99 on a Lousiville Slugger to just bash Tua's brains in themselves instead of waiting for the inevitable.

Thanks, Miami!

Why spend that kind of money? I toy wooden bat from Fenway would do the trick. This is not Tua's first rodeo....

Back