Looking at the Patriots 2023

At least he's coming for a visit.

Whether we like it or not, there's an arms race in the AFCE now. With Cook possibly going to Miami we need to load up ourselves, where we can and if it makes financial/team sense.

At least he's coming for a visit.

Whether we like it or not, there's an arms race in the AFCE now. With Cook possibly going to Miami we need to load up ourselves, where we can and if it makes financial/team sense.
Yup. Whether you want to see the player here or not, you absolutely want coveted FA's at least visiting New England.

Didn't think they would trade for him but now that he's a FA, it makes complete sense. They can make it work financially, especially the way their cap situation opens up next year. Unless they don't like his physical situation he would immediately give them a player other teams would have to account for, I just don't see a down side.

If Hopkins comes for a visit I believe he will end up a Patriot.
The only question I see is should Bourne or Parker be cut to make room?
It’s close, but I’d cut Bourne. I know he tends to win the lottery on some really low percentage routes, but Hopkins will probably get dinged up at some point, and Parker would do a better job replicating what he does.

If Hopkins comes for a visit I believe he will end up a Patriot.
The only question I see is should Bourne or Parker be cut to make room?
It’s close, but I’d cut Bourne. I know he tends to win the lottery on some really low percentage routes, but Hopkins will probably get dinged up at some point, and Parker would do a better job replicating what he does.
Truthfully, and I thought about it some, while I think Parker would be the one getting cut, there's seriously no need to do it now. Put them all in camp, may the best men win. They can afford it.

Truthfully, and I thought about it some, while I think Parker would be the one getting cut, there's seriously no need to do it now. Put them all in camp, may the best men win. They can afford it.
Agreed. Plus, when a borderline contender has their WR2 or 3 go down late in training camp, you'll get more for him. I don't love the loss of reps for the puppies, but they'll handle it.

Agreed. Plus, when a borderline contender has their WR2 or 3 go down late in training camp, you'll get more for him. I don't love the loss of reps for the puppies, but they'll handle it.
That's what the 4th quarter's for, after all. It's where binkies get made. :coffee:

Oh bugger off Andy.

The Jets suddenly have not leapfrogged because Rodgers, who doesn't seem to give a shit anymore, has joined them. And Miami and Buffalo hardly set the league alight last season. Buffalo especially look near crisis point not reaching the SB with the roster they have.

View: https://twitter.com/JumboHart/status/1667690122379141128?s=20

Oh bugger off Andy.

The Jets suddenly have not leapfrogged because Rodgers, who doesn't seem to give a shit anymore, has joined them. And Miami and Buffalo hardly set the league alight last season. Buffalo especially look near crisis point not reaching the SB with the roster they have.

View: https://twitter.com/JumboHart/status/1667690122379141128?s=20

There's always hope this time of year. Buffalo hopes they are as good offensively with Josh Allen running the ball less. Miami hopes Tua stays healthy. The Jets hope Rodgers develops chemistry with his WRs quickly despite missing a portion of camp. We have hope, too. We hope our front 7 on D can stop Buffalo's running game and put pressure on Allen. We hope our DBs can create issues with the passing game of all 3 teams. We hope our O looks like the chain-moving machine we think it can be. Right now no one knows anything.

Conjecture is fun but until the games are played nothing is proven. Betting sites base odds on what has been proven but seems to me they have taken liberties with the unknown as they decided the odds for the AFC East. The Pats have an opportunity to prove their worth by beating teams thought to be better than them. That's how it works in the NFL. Prove it.

AFC East Futures Odds
Team SB58 AFC
Bills +900 +500
phins +3000 +1800
Jets +2500 +1400
Pats +5000 +3000

Back