Looking at the Patriots 2023

Well, Zo is saying he's hearing Mayo will be made Assistant Head Coach. it does seem like BB and RKK see Mayo as a future HC of the Patriots.

Asst. HC is what I thought and said here from the beginning. DC doesn't elevate him enough to want to stay over becoming a HC somewhere. AHC is much more prestigious and puts him directly on the path to a HC position at a team of his choosing - he can be picky iow. That also allows Steve to become DC if BB so chooses. It all makes perfect sense.

Asst. HC is what I thought and said here from the beginning. DC doesn't elevate him enough to want to stay over becoming a HC somewhere. AHC is much more prestigious and puts him directly on the path to a HC position at a team of his choosing - he can be picky iow. That also allows Steve to become DC if BB so chooses. It all makes perfect sense.

Fine with this. But more important to name Steve the DC and get BOB signed as OC. ok if Mayo stays if Steve gets the DC title

I don't think it matters to Steve. He and his dad seem to have a great relationship.

Yes

For me I think it’s vital that SteveB stays as DC. The defense is good because Steve Belichick is running it and calling plays. Don’t lose SteveB to another team due to losing focus.

I don't think for a minute Steve is a threat to leave.
I dunno, man... I've watched a lot of Cobra Kai and the paternal loyalties tend to sway in different directions every season. If their relationship is anything like Johnny and Robby's, we could be less than a season away from a giant karate fight breaking out at Gillette. You just watch.

I dunno, man... I've watched a lot of Cobra Kai and the paternal loyalties tend to sway in different directions every season. If their relationship is anything like Johnny and Robby's, we could be less than a season away from a giant karate fight breaking out at Gillette. You just watch.
images

Wax on...wax off...

You can tell them horror stories, like, "Why, when I was your age Rod Rust coached the Pats to a 1-15 season. Luckily we replaced him with Dick MacPherson who was fired after going 2-14."
My kids don't believe me when I talk about the Pats from the 80s and 90s. And they laugh even harder when I bring up the Sox from 1986.
I am happy in a way that they don't have the emotional scars I do. Maybe they will always have a glass is half full disposition when it comes to sports. :)

A new born baby born back then in 2000 would now be done with college and out in the real world and would know nothing else than Bill Belichick's Patriots. Amazing isn't it.

Back