Looking at the Patriots 2023

You know how I know a player is really, really good?

When the NFL writes a rule to stop them before they destroy parity single-handedly.

Coates couldn't be stopped until they outlawed his patented "pushing off" move, which
was often just a body check that would send defenders flying and that means all of them.

Just in terms of physicality, Coates was the strongest, toughest TE I've seen. A runaway train.

You know how I know a player is really, really good?

When the NFL writes a rule to stop them before they destroy parity single-handedly.

Coates couldn't be stopped until they outlawed his patented "pushing off" move, which
was often just a body check that would send defenders flying and that means all of them.

Just in terms of physicality, Coates was the strongest, toughest TE I've seen. A runaway train.
One of my all time favorite players. Bledsoe's binky.

Good video! I met Ben Coates once, and told him he was a fine player (he was retired for a few years). He seemed really happy to hear that! It's easy to forget, he played on the NFL Champion Baltimore Ravens, in 2000, along with tight end Shannon Sharp (along with qb Trent Dilfer). But Ben Coates was a great tight end with the Patriots (and Drew Bledsoe).

Yep. And we're not necessarily going to cut ties with either.

Bill is loyal to "his guys". By that, I mean his fellow coaches and scouts-- the inner circle, not the actual players
because being loyal to players means you are almost certainly going to screw your salary cap up and become
a losing franchise.

And there have been examples of him sticking with people that were under fire several times. . He will not fire
one of his guys due to public pressure no matter how it might appease the critics and make him look better. While it
seems obvious to us that Patricia and Judge sucked as Offensive coaches, Bill will make his own judgement of how it went
sideways which will not be influenced by what we, the media or the players think.

I sincerely hope that his analysis reveals both of them need to find their way elsewhere, but I'm not going to expect it.

Bill is a military thinker and will not listen to the grunts and civilians demanding that a lieutenant be court-martialed as if
their opinions are relevant. Even though we have the best interests of the team at heart, Bill's best attribute is that seeks his
own counsel first and foremost, then will question his inner circle. Then HE will decide.

That's how we roll. Six rings.
I’ve been reading and stated silent long enough.
Belichick wouldn’t have a single ring without Brady. Not one. He have been fired as an HC, and turned into a Wade Phillips type as a good defensive coordinator.
This is unreal. It was apparent to anyone with half a brain that bringing back matty judge were huge mistakes. I got called a troll and a Bucs fan for pointing that out last offseason.
Hawg you point to this past draft as the envy of the league.
It doesn’t matter, because there’s no QB to take advantage of it, and when there was a QB that could Belichick signed off on 9 drafts in row that were flat out awful.
And frankly this past draft yielded a starting guard for a first round pick…… (no team in the league would trade a 2nd for strange), a WR one trick pony at best, who is slight of frame and prone to injury in Thornton (and I was happy to get some speed at the position), and some corners who are good but can’t lock down true big number one WRs.
All that said, I’m ok with the draft. But it’s not the envy of the league.
This in BB we trust stuff is unreal. He has a losing record without Brady. I know don’t like to mention Brady’s name, but it needs to be said.
Mac has about two years till his window shuts. HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN WHEN HE GETS PAST HIS ROOKIE DEAL!!!!!!
He needs a team around him, and he’s gonna want to get paid.
Uggghhhhh this in BB we trust stuff makes me sick. Now Bill O’Brien is back and I want to puke…….. please tell me he won’t be the next HC.

Belichick wouldn’t have a single ring without Brady. Not one. He have been fired as an HC, and turned into a Wade Phillips type as a good defensive coordinator.
This is unreal. It was apparent to anyone with half a brain that bringing back matty judge were huge mistakes. I got called a troll and a Bucs fan for pointing that out last offseason.
It doesn’t matter, because there’s no QB to take advantage of it, and when there was a QB that could Belichick signed off on 9 drafts in row that were flat out awful.
And frankly this past draft yielded a starting guard for a first round pick…… (no team in the league would trade a 2nd for strange), a WR one trick pony at best, who is slight of frame and prone to injury in Thornton (and I was happy to get some speed at the position), and some corners who are good but can’t lock down true big number one WRs.
This in BB we trust stuff is unreal. He has a losing record without Brady. I know don’t like to mention Brady’s name, but it needs to be said.
Mac has about two years till his window shuts. HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN WHEN HE GETS PAST HIS ROOKIE DEAL!!!!!!
Uggghhhhh this in BB we trust stuff makes me sick. Now Bill O’Brien is back and I want to puke…….. please tell me he won’t be the next HC.

Agreed that BB made a big mistake with Judge and Patricia. He’s in the process of fixing those mistakes.

He also just drafted what, four starters at least?

Just go join your new team , the one that Tommy joins. You’re much happier there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazar thinks the Pats scouts including BB are off to the Senior Bowl.

Coaches remain in Las Vegas.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe the bullshit you post or if you're just looking to do some Howard Stern shock value nonsense.

There seems to be a generation who think playing is the superb owl is the only measure of success.

I was a Pats fan for 30 years before 2001 so I know what "Failure" actually looks like.
I am with you with the one win and two win seasons I endured.

Last edited:
There seems to be a generation who think playing is the superb owl is the only measure of success.

I was a Pats fan for 30 years before 2001 so I know what "Failure" actually looks like.
The superb owl is an endangered species or so I heard.....

~Dee~

JK

Back