Looking at the Patriots 2023

Not a good stat, Patriots lead the entire league in LEAST total cash spending and least active cash spending.

Indeed and BB complained loudly about that about a year ago which was a shot directly at RKK.
Cap spending meets the 2 year number required by the CBA but cash spending is different. It requires an infusion of capital for signing bonuses and, I'm pretty sure, escrow for guarantees.

Indeed and BB complained loudly about that about a year ago which was a shot directly at RKK.
Cap spending meets the 2 year number required by the CBA but cash spending is different. It requires an infusion of capital for signing bonuses and, I'm pretty sure, escrow for guarantees.
I don't know what's funnier. Him posting the same thing 4 times, or you giving the same obvious response that literally everyone here has known for the last 15 years each time.

I'm impressed by your patience, my friend.

I don't know what's funnier. Him posting the same thing 4 times, or you giving the same obvious response that literally everyone here has known for the last 15 years each time.

Impressed?

I am f*cking AMAZED.

Just trying to set the record straight.

;)

Impressed?

I am f*cking AMAZED.
I realized that some people don't listen, don't care to try to understand why other do things, and they only post to bask in the glow of their own intelligence and their obvious superiority to all the morons online. Therefore it doesn't matter to anyone - including those people - if I can't see what they say. I've flipped it on and off a couple of times recently, but I've found I enjoy the board more with a very small number of people on ignore.

Until recently it was only Crawhammer and Thread Crappage, from many years back. But I'm sure they appreciate the company.

I can't help but wonder what kind of relationship BOB and DHop have and if that will affect whether he'd be willing to come to the Pats.
I'm told they have tried to clear the air.

I can't help but wonder what kind of relationship BOB and DHop have and if that will affect whether he'd be willing to come to the Pats.
I'm told they have tried to clear the air.
heard that on sirius nfl also. az reporter said they're ok. said dhop wants a team with a good/proven qb. says pats aren't really in it.

heard that on sirius nfl also. az reporter said they're ok. said dhop wants a team with a good/proven qb. says pats aren't really in it.

Thanks, HS. That's realistic.

Jeudy played with Mac at Bama so that might be a tie-in. OBJ was probably never on Rodgers' wish list for the Jets & his price of $15-20M is reasonable, imo.

Any idea why?

The article spells it out.

Thanks, HS. That's realistic.

Jeudy played with Mac at Bama so that might be a tie-in. OBJ was probably never on Rodgers' wish list for the Jets & his price of $15-20M is reasonable, imo.

The article spells it out.
Oh. boy.....

"While Hopkins would unquestionably be an upgrade in New England, it will be interesting to see if the presence of offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien will turn him off to joining the Patriots. O'Brien was the head coach and de-facto top executive for the Texans when they traded Hopkins to the Cardinals in March of 2020. O'Brien allegedly told Hopkins that he didn't like that his "baby mamas" would sometimes be around, and also referenced Aaron Hernandez when the two tried to clear the air."

Apparently Denver is looking for "at least" a first round pick for Jeudy. Pass. Maybe if it's a first in 2025.

He did look good this past year, even in the total cluster of the Broncos offense. But only a year left on the rookie deal before we need to pay big money for him makes him less valuable, and we'd basically be forced to pay the 5th year option immediately, before seeing him play and how he jells in the offense.

Apparently Denver is looking for "at least" a first round pick for Jeudy. Pass. Maybe if it's a first in 2025.

He did look good this past year, even in the total cluster of the Broncos offense. But only a year left on the rookie deal before we need to pay big money for him makes him less valuable, and we'd basically be forced to pay the 5th year option immediately, before seeing him play and how he jells in the offense.
Yeah a 1st isn't realistic in a trade from anyone.

I don’t think adding an over the hill WR is the solution. Go with who they have now at WR and maximize them.

Aim for 2023 production of:
Bourne 800+ yards
Thornton 800+ yards
JuJu 800+ yards
Hunter Henry 800+ yards
Parker 500+ yards

The above is all possible if they focus on maximizing their own guys.
  • Turn Thornton into a deep threat. Attack the deep corners when he beats his guys on a good release. Thornton is not good in short passing plays, keep him outside all the time.
  • Bourne is an elite intermediate guy. Multiple elite WR metrics especially attacking the middle of the field on slants/crossers
  • JuJu is the YAC short field slot WR, let him out-physical slot corners
  • Hunter Henry can be a red zone threat and 3rd down security blanket
  • Parker I don’t like but he can still get 25 yards a game.

All the above would get Mac to a possible 4000 yard passing season and 25+ TDs. All doable.

Focus on making Thornton, Bourne, Henry, JuJu productive. Don’t keep chasing some other fraud external WR solution.

Back