Looking at the Patriots 2023

Lol
I’m actually pretty happy with this offseason. I’m not a Ju Ju fan, but I was worried we see the team overpay for Odell, DHop, or a Broncos WR. I didn’t see the value. I’ll miss meyers, but Mike G has tons of untapped potential. Very happy that Jonnu is gone. Frankly I think Parker has a lot of room to improve.
I don’t think WR needs to be addressed till next offseason. The value is just not out there either in FA or the draft. Why draft one in the second or third when we have a room full of those types? Better to take a TE, and grab a top tier OT in the first. It’s not fun, but the WRs projected for the 1st just don’t seem as good as the top tier OTs.
We will know what Mac is for sure this time next year.
Agree with you that the top priority in the draft is an OT, and that first round WR isn't the way to go (though for a slightly different reason). That said, I wouldn't wait until next year to try to improve any position when opportunity and value coincide.

Forget Hopkins. Old and massive cap figures. Jeudy maybe if it was say a trade of Parker + a 3rd

Pats missed out on Cook for a low pick plus a restructured palatable $12M salary for Dallas
Hopkins is 6 months older than Cooks.

Hopkins is 6 months older than Cooks.

But that makes all the difference. Hopkins would be a horrible old age signing whereas Cooks would be the Awesome!

Dontcha get it?

Now, had Belichick picked up Cooks again HE would be the short oft traded no contact WR that only and idiot would bring in again. Hopkins would be the rested WR with supreme talent that could put the WR group over the top.

In DKF's mind any way....

WR contracts have gone backwards this year. We have a pretty good group now but BB might like trading Bourne's or Parker's contract for DHop if the cost differential isn't too bad.
I am not on the cut or trade Bourne idea. I believe that Patricia screwed him over last season He has always averaged 11 yards per catch or more. Compair what he did in 2021 to the train wreck that was 2022. He really can be a very productive player.

I am not on the cut or trade Bourne idea. I believe that Patricia screwed him over last season He has always averaged 11 yards per catch or more. Compair what he did in 2021 to the train wreck that was 2022. He really can be a very productive player.
Agree.

Agree with you that the top priority in the draft is an OT, and that first round WR isn't the way to go (though for a slightly different reason). That said, I wouldn't wait until next year to try to improve any position when opportunity and value coincide.

Let's get Skoronski then in the 1st round. He's projected to be taken at pick 10 onwards. we would get him.

huq7hy6vci65sdowrham

1244449144.0.jpg

I think I'll be watching the Patriots in 2023. And then, after this season, I don't think I'll care as much. Now, I know there'll be folks watching them for a while, after 2023, which is fine for them. I've been watching the Patriots since 1973, and I am (and was) thrilled they had their fine seasons, from 2002-2019. It's just that, I watched them suck for many years, and still cared about them. I don't think I'll care about them as much, in the future. Now, I'd like to see plays made by Matthew Slater (this could probably be his last year). And Ju-Ju Smith Shuster (however you spell his name), might interest me. And some views of Belicheck, and his comments, may interest me. Not much else, though. I don't need to watch them suck, anymore. And, for all I know, they might be pretty good, winning games, making the playoffs, in the future. Now, this past season had some bad plays, not seen for a while (like the 'attempt' to win the game with a lastminute pass, on the kickoff return, intercepted by the opposition, who scored the winning touchdown). That was one of the worst plays I've ever seen. And the offense wasn't good-thanks a bit to the bad play calling. And the quarterback (Mac Jones) wasn't good. They'll have a better offensive coach, but will it matter? Again, I'll hope for the best.

I think I'll be watching the Patriots in 2023. And then, after this season, I don't think I'll care as much. Now, I know there'll be folks watching them for a while, after 2023, which is fine for them. I've been watching the Patriots since 1973, and I am (and was) thrilled they had their fine seasons, from 2002-2019. It's just that, I watched them suck for many years, and still cared about them. I don't think I'll care about them as much, in the future. Now, I'd like to see plays made by Matthew Slater (this could probably be his last year). And Ju-Ju Smith Shuster (however you spell his name), might interest me. And some views of Belicheck, and his comments, may interest me. Not much else, though. I don't need to watch them suck, anymore. And, for all I know, they might be pretty good, winning games, making the playoffs, in the future. Now, this past season had some bad plays, not seen for a while (like the 'attempt' to win the game with a lastminute pass, on the kickoff return, intercepted by the opposition, who scored the winning touchdown). That was one of the worst plays I've ever seen. And the offense wasn't good-thanks a bit to the bad play calling. And the quarterback (Mac Jones) wasn't good. They'll have a better offensive coach, but will it matter? Again, I'll hope for the best.

To each their own I guess, I've been watching since '84 or so, seen alot of good years and alot of bad, but I can't imagine following the team. The rest of the NFL, I don't care like I did 10yrs ago, the Patriots? Ride or Die.

Could be. The concerning issue for me is that it was usually Bourne who was causing all the spacing issues between our receivers.

I did nothing of the kind. I stated the cold stats. Period. Come up with your own conclusions. I stated my conclusions --> both players can be upgraded as far as I'm concerned if they don't come out on fire early. I'm not willing to accept either player's numbers from last year.

Question: Why do continuously look for a reason to cause discord on this board?
Question: Why do continuously look for a reason to cause discord on this board?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npw_3yxIt6I

Let's get Skoronski then in the 1st round. He's projected to be taken at pick 10 onwards. we would get him.
I believe they could draft Tyler Steen or Jaelyn Duncan and get the same level of long term skill. Thern in the 3-4th round get Jarrett Patterson as a future Guard / Center

But that makes all the difference. Hopkins would be a horrible old age signing whereas Cooks would be the Awesome!

Dontcha get it?

Now, had Belichick picked up Cooks again HE would be the short oft traded no contact WR that only and idiot would bring in again. Hopkins would be the rested WR with supreme talent that could put the WR group over the top.

In DKF's mind any way....
This is both funny and sad because it's true.

As I've mentioned, he's the poster boy for:
Dunning-Kruger effect, in psychology, a cognitive bias whereby people with limited knowledge or competence in a given intellectual or social domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to objective criteria or to the performance of their peers or of people in general.

There four or five OTs I like @ 14, which means BB will likely take one from out of nowhere, like Sebastian Vollmer or Cole Strange.
Cole Strange. is going to prove to be a very solid draft pick I really don't understand why some seem to dislike him. Watch the amazing difference having competent O-Line coaching will make. It was obvious that he got more coaching from Andrews than anyone else. His game slipped when Andrews was out. Sabastian Vollmer was a solid OT for 8 years here Was he great no but he was solid.

Article finally gets to the main point at the end: The offensive coaching staff was garbage and the proper next-steps have been taken.

Exactly.
It "spoke more about what we had on offense than the quarterback. We never were solidified as an offensive group that guys had full confidence in anything we were doing. There was never true hope.”

Back