Looks like the Patriots are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My entire post was about 2021. I went back to 2019 because I believe that is when this conservative offensive philosophy set in.
The conservative offensive philosophy set in because Bill couldn't draft any impact players and refused to pay what was required in Free Agency. How many camps did they role out a half dozen or more scrap heap WR's, hoping that one or two might catch on? Then Brady had to make that shit work.

To everyone defending McD, this isn't a 1 or 2 year thing. This has been going on a long, long time. Opposing defenses are calling our plays out at the line every game. The only time he is getting anything by design seems to be on trick plays, and they only get a couple of them a game if that.
The former QB in NE made him look better than what he really is.

I hope you're right, I hope this is just growing pains on the way to rebuilding the roster, but I'm just not seeing that. Instead I'm seeing a trend of poor personnel decisions that are having long term consequences. Aside from the poor drafts of late, how do you go into an offseason with your starting franchise QB not only not under contract, but without the ability to franchise him, and no other viable option on the roster to replace him? People can make all the excuses they like, but Bill had all offseason, free agency and the draft to prepare for the possible departure of Brady and did nothing. Brady called his bluff, and we ended up signing Cam fucking Newton 30 days before the season started. Sorry but that is an inexcusable mismanagement of the team, and I'm not going to take the passive attitude of the Pats fans that say, "oh well we had a great 20 years, so it's ok if we suck the next 20." As for the 165 million dollar spending spree, I have seen absolutely nothing from this team that says that money was well spent, maybe for the moral victory crowd can spin something positive about the TE's, but since we hold only two victories over the mighty Jets and Texans I'd say it's been a massive failure.
The 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 drafts aren't "poor". That's preposterous. If you want to say mediocre yields or an incomplete grade, sure. The media saying it to go after BB certainly works on you. You are good and brainwashed, which means you're weak minded.

The 2020 and 2021 drafts alone are still coming together. Throw in the pandemic from last year and it's like a lost season essentially. You have a layered and complex learning curve here in Foxborough and the greatest teacher in sports history wasn't allowed to teach last year and there was no preseason.

Heck, some of the players who were drafted in 2020 look pretty good, actually. Uche, Dugger, Onwenu. Not stars by any stretch, but pretty good so far.

Meyers and Harris are sort of the centerpieces of the 2019 draft and Jackson/Wynn/Michel (now traded) are the pieces from the 2018 draft. It's morons like you that think BB needs to be drafting HOFers in every draft, which is hilariously delusional. Which team does do that? Care to share it with us?

BB doesn't draft people to be good fantasy football players and to hope he gets complimented by some dork teeniebopper or Millennial in a basement somewhere so they can update their Madden video game roster and sleep all comfy at night knowing those players play for the Patriots. That's not how you build teams. We heard this same exact garbage 10 years ago too.

And, it's clear you don't watch the NFL to see talent on other rosters, nor could you've watched that game last night. How do you go toe to toe with SB contender and claim they lack talent? It makes absolutely no sense. They would have gotten blown out in both games if what you say as the anti-BB narrative was true. As per usual, you troll types run your mouths and just bring the media trollwork in here with lies. Lie, lie, rinse and repeat.

If you can't see they're scratching the surface from the games against TB and Dallas, you're blind or didn't watch the actual games and just look at a box score for your dorky fantasy team.

Last edited:
The conservative offensive philosophy set in because Bill couldn't draft any impact players and refused to pay what was required in Free Agency. How many camps did they role out a half dozen or more scrap heap WR's, hoping that one or two might catch on? Then Brady had to make that shit work.
You're just a miserable person.

Numerous TEs and WRs, whether drafted, traded for or signed were key pieces to the 2nd dynasty, after Brady had hot dung dribbling down his leg in postseasons from 2007-2012 with LOADED, HOF WEAPONRY all around him. IT DID NOT WORK. Brady's "preferences" that BB catered to, DID NOT WORK. It sucked in the playoffs, was one dimensional, predictable and finesse. All because Brady already had 3 rings but wanted more attention, so to do that, he wanted toys. He got the toys. He then blew it in the postseasons. Christ, the D got them into both SBs vs the Giants and those weren't even the strength of those teams.

Get over it already. Brady choked, BB drafted JimmyG and fixed his poor, finesse shotgun spread "preference". It has nothing to do with "refusing" to pay. There's a salary cap and paying for highly talented WRs wasn't possible.

It's not about catering to a QB to produce fantasy stats. It's about winning as a TEAM. Holy mackerel are some of our fans completely obtuse. They either lie, forget, or didn't see what happened and then pretend to be an authority on it, re-writing history or thinking they can.

BB's gameplan vs TB 2 weeks ago proves it wasn't' all about Brady like I predicted and was right about AGAIN.

I hope you're right, I hope this is just growing pains on the way to rebuilding the roster, but I'm just not seeing that. Instead I'm seeing a trend of poor personnel decisions that are having long term consequences. Aside from the poor drafts of late, how do you go into an offseason with your starting franchise QB not only not under contract, but without the ability to franchise him, and no other viable option on the roster to replace him? People can make all the excuses they like, but Bill had all offseason, free agency and the draft to prepare for the possible departure of Brady and did nothing. Brady called his bluff, and we ended up signing Cam fucking Newton 30 days before the season started. Sorry but that is an inexcusable mismanagement of the team, and I'm not going to take the passive attitude of the Pats fans that say, "oh well we had a great 20 years, so it's ok if we suck the next 20." As for the 165 million dollar spending spree, I have seen absolutely nothing from this team that says that money was well spent, maybe for the moral victory crowd can spin something positive about the TE's, but since we hold only two victories over the mighty Jets and Texans I'd say it's been a massive failure.
Just go bandwagon somewhere else already. That's all you people are. Johnny Come Lately bandwagoners. Leave the Pats discussions to the diehards. Some of us aren't liars or brainwashed by the anti-BB media.

Good luck.

Sure. It goes hand-in-hand. We saw it back in 2018 when the offensive had to morph into a running team at the end of the season because the team was so bereft of talent at the receiver positions.

Right now, the Patriots are good enough to compete, but not good enough to beat, top teams.

There is still time to make this a successful season, but not much.
I think that is very accurate. As I said in the Cowturds thread, a newish/younger team needs to see how they lose games before they know how to win. It's like a rite of passage thing before the light bulb goes off and they can win games like that more consistently. It's not a big shock that a lack of continuity with new bodies out there isn't a well oiled machine. Well, not a huge shock unless you're this Grogan character who apparently thinks this is still 2016.

Sure. It goes hand-in-hand. We saw it back in 2018 when the offensive had to morph into a running team at the end of the season because the team was so bereft of talent at the receiver positions.
No, they had to do that to be balanced. It was always there. Edelman, Gronk, Hogan, Dorsett, etc, didn't become bad overnight. All of them were also clutch in the AFC Title game. Brady wanted a new contract, was distracted and was trying to chase stats. We've been over this already. It's well documented. It's why BB dealt Moss in 2010. He was lobbying for targets so he could get a new deal before the Lockout in 2011.

Brady wasn't getting his deal so he became frustrated and it showed on the field exploding at teammates unprofessionaly so, and fingerpointing.

Once Brady got more back under Center after that Pitt embarrassment late in 2018 where he made a crap D look like the second coming, it's pretty obvious a meeting was had by BB/Brady and McD. Because it all of a sudden changed. Like I said, I'd love to know how many times he'd check out of a run play that was called, where he changed it to a pass play and it failed. I bet that happened a lot and I bet it happened a lot when he struggled in those postseasons, too. They weren't using talent at RB and it was unbalanced. That was the problem. Michel and Burkhead weren't being used enough.

I had to point this out to Greg Bedard after I emailed him and confronted him on his trollwork. Right again. He was so embarrassed he blocked my emails after that. I still have them, heck, I may go back and read them now just for a laugh.

No, they had to do that to be balanced. It was always there. Edelman, Gronk, Hogan, Dorsett, etc, didn't become bad overnight. All of them were also clutch in the AFC Title game. Brady wanted a new contract, was distracted and was trying to chase stats. We've been over this already. It's well documented. It's why BB dealt Moss in 2010. He was lobbying for targets so he could get a new deal before the Lockout in 2011.

Brady wasn't getting his deal so he became frustrated and it showed on the field exploding at teammates unprofessionaly so, and fingerpointing.

Once Brady got more back under Center after that Pitt embarrassment late in 2018 where he made a crap D look like the second coming, it's pretty obvious a meeting was had by BB/Brady and McD. Because it all of a sudden changed. Like I said, I'd love to know how many times he'd check out of a run play that was called, where he changed it to a pass play and it failed. I bet that happened a lot and I bet it happened a lot when he struggled in those postseasons, too. They weren't using talent at RB and it was unbalanced. That was the problem. Michel and Burkhead weren't being used enough.

I had to point this out to Greg Bedard after I emailed him and confronted him on his trollwork. Right again. He was so embarrassed he blocked my emails after that. I still have them, heck, I may go back and read them now just for a laugh.
Quote from Do Your Job SB 53

Bill pretty much tells Josh we are not longer a team that can go spread and put up points anymore because of our personnel and that we have to run it.

“He [Bill] said, If you keep holding on to what you'd rather be — no-huddle, spread formations, 34 points a game — then you're probably going to end up regretting a lot of things at the end of the year. What are we really good at? What's the most consistent part of our team offensively? And then you commit to it. We had been a pretty decent running football team. It was something that we felt like our personnel fit.”

Quote from Do Your Job SB 53

Bill pretty much tells Josh we are not longer a team that can go spread and put up points anymore because of our personnel and that we have to run it.

“He [Bill] said, If you keep holding on to what you'd rather be — no-huddle, spread formations, 34 points a game — then you're probably going to end up regretting a lot of things at the end of the year. What are we really good at? What's the most consistent part of our team offensively? And then you commit to it. We had been a pretty decent running football team. It was something that we felt like our personnel fit.”

Correct. Brady wanted stats and contract leverage. BB had to tell him to not worry about that stuff. Once they cleared the air, they never looked back after that terrible Pitt game where, I am sorry, Brady was horrible.

This is not a Brady thread.

He is irrelevant.
Correct, but Grogan introduced the idea. There's still this revisionist history thing they do. Someone in the game thread made a joke about the blocked punt not happening if #12 was standing on the sidelines last night in Foxborough. They're deranged.

It's not us, it's them.

Just go bandwagon somewhere else already. That's all you people are. Johnny Come Lately bandwagoners. Leave the Pats discussions to the diehards. Some of us aren't liars or brainwashed by the anti-BB media.

Good luck.
No, you're just scared and blinded to the fact that just maybe Bill fucked this franchise up and things aren't going to get better. Oh and I've been a fan a lot longer than you and seen far worse seasons than this, so you don't get to tell me or any other person how to be a fan d-bag.

No, you're just scared and blinded to the fact that just maybe Bill fucked this franchise up and things aren't going to get better. Oh and I've been a fan a lot longer than you and seen far worse seasons than this, so you don't get to tell me or any other person how to be a fan d-bag.
No, I think you're a knee jerk loser bandwagoner who is a sore loser that likes to fingerpoint. Ungrateful, entitled, spoiled. You're why other fanbases don't like Pats fans, so congratulations. Try leaving home for once and get some perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back