Luck out

Abdominal muscle they say??? Hmmmmmm.

Very tough luck though, they were still in good position to make the playoffs.

The Indianapolis Colts today announced that Quarterback Andrew Luck incurred abdominal injuries during Sunday’s victory over the Denver Broncos.
“The injuries happened at the end of an early fourth quarter scramble when Andrew was doing everything he could to get us the win,” said Head Coach Chuck Pagano. “Andrew was sore after the game and was feeling a little worse Monday afternoon so we sent him to get tests.”
The tests revealed a laceration in one of Luck’s kidneys and a partial tear of an abdominal muscle. The injuries should not require surgery and full recovery from both is expected within two to six weeks.
“It’s way too early to guess how long Andrew will be out,” said Pagano. “We’re going to keep listening to the doctors and evaluating his progress on a week by week basis. We’ve got all the confidence in the world in Matt Hasselbeck and we’re not going to put Andrew back out there until he’s healed and ready to go.”

Irsay broke it on his Twitter feed.

I don't believe any of this just happened. I think this is what it was when the news broke about his "ribs" and they had to find a way out of lying on the injury report.

They lie.

Does anyone think this is new? Not me.

I don't believe any of this just happened. I think this is what it was when the news broke about his "ribs" and they had to find a way out of lying on the injury report.

They lie.

Does anyone think this is new? Not me.

If you watched the Bronco game, Luck takes a VERY hard shot in the kidney area on a scramble play. I have no doubt that's where this injury occurred.

If you watched the Bronco game, Luck takes a VERY hard shot in the kidney area on a scramble play. I have no doubt that's where this injury occurred.

Unless, of course, it occurred from his broken rib(s) penetrating the kidney and abdominal wall.

:coffee:

I don't have any issue whatsoever for Luck and feel badly for him.

Grigson and Irsay? Not so much.

Danny Trevathan, btw, is an animal. I saw the hit. Of course, an Oline might have helped him, but Grigson thought better about shoring that up for Luck and got himself a skill position player instead.

Don't they have a better record with Hasselbeck?

2-0, but look at the remaining Colts Schedule for the regular season (bye week this week). I am not too worried about the rest of the regular season even if Luck doesn't come back until playoffs. Yes, I still believe they will win the division with Hasselbeck.

Falcons and Steelers might not be a win, but the others should be I think.

Did Talib poke him in the kidney?

I, too, have no issues with Luck. Seems like a good kid.

That said, his GM and his owner... well, can't help but think that this is just more karma for those two a-holes.

I hate the Colts and their fans (Except Jaric) but Andrew Luck is the one bit of class in that whole organization. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Now, everyone pray for Matt Hasslebeck.

Why is only Jaric the exception?

I wish Luck well, he has had a very difficult year, sounds like a painful injury.

Hasslebeck should keep you in it.

Back