Mac Jones For Deshaun Watson? Gasper Thinks It is a Possibility

What a wonderful, thought-provoking piece by Chris Gasper.

However, I happen to have, let's say, a well-placed source inside Belichick's inner circle and this person tells me that Bill IS actually thinking about bringing in a new QB,
but it's not DeShaun Watson.

No, Bill is working with Ernie Adams on a radical plan to bring in a power-running QB to recreate the 1912 Columbus Panhandles' veer-T offense
which dominated the semi-pro industrial leagues of Ohio for almost 20 years behind the unstoppable giant QB Morty Nasser, who was one of seven Nasser brothers on those great,
seminal teams.

Unfortunately, the guy they really want to play Morty's role died a few years ago, but Ernie is working on converting the Gillette lighthouse into a laboratory and bringing him back to life during a ferocious lightning storm.

Don Shula is already spinning in his grave. Meet your future Undead Superstar QB, Jared Lorenzen:

jared-lorenzen.jpg

I heard Gasper and that was all I needed to hear

(and no, I wouldn't want Watson's baggage, I don't care how good he is)

That's just sad right there. Kentucky guy. Lots of friend chicken.

Gaspers thought was Bill likes to get damaged goods on the cheap. I get that but still seems a bit out there. I really don't think Caserio is getting anything close to three 1s. So if it drops down, I could see Bill being interested. Depends if he wants short term success to catch Shula or take the long approach with Jones.
So then you're serious about trading Jones plus a first round pick for Watson?

So then you're serious about trading Jones plus a first round pick for Watson?
No. Gasper mentioned that on the radio. I do think if Caserio drops the asking price which I think he will have to in order to move him, the Pats among other teams will be interested.

I think this "report" is far fetched for sure but then again I never saw us signing Newton either.

No. Gasper mentioned that on the radio. I do think if Caserio drops the asking price which I think he will have to in order to move him, the Pats among other teams will be interested.

I think this "report" is far fetched for sure but then again I never saw us signing Newton either.

No. No they won't.

But, given Brady's age the Bucs will be. They really are the sleeper team in the Watson sweepstakes. I mean, no less a source than.....well, YOU have told us how well positioned they are to compete for ahem, chips, for the next few years. I bet an offer of TFB and 6 first round draft picks get Watson a new Tang colored jersey. Or just 3 first round pics....

Won't you be so fucking geeked???

We know you will be.

Go Bucs!

He was the only veteran available after a pandemic hit and it was clear there was not going to be OTAs or a camp. You might want to get 2020 and all that it might represent (in the NFL), completely out of your head.

It's the ultimate asterisk season, even worse than strike shortened seasons like '82 or '87.

He was the only veteran available after a pandemic hit and it was clear there was not going to be OTAs or a camp. You might want to get 2020 and all that it might represent (in the NFL), completely out of your head.

It's the ultimate asterisk season, even worse than strike shortened seasons like '82 or '87.
If ever their was an asterisk season, 2020 was it. Hard to take 2020 seriously. Some Brady lovers will, but that will be it.

However, I happen to have, let's say, a well-placed source inside Belichick's inner circle and this person tells me that Bill IS actually thinking about bringing in a new QB,

No, Bill is working with Ernie Adams on a radical plan to bring in a power-running QB to recreate the 1912 Columbus Panhandles' veer-T offense
which dominated the semi-pro industrial leagues of Ohio for almost 20 years behind the unstoppable giant QB Morty Nasser, who was one of seven Nasser brothers on those great,
seminal teams.

Unfortunately, the guy they really want to play Morty's role died a few years ago, but Ernie is working on converting the Gillette lighthouse into a laboratory and bringing him back to life during a ferocious lightning storm.

Don Shula is already spinning in his grave. Meet your future Undead Superstar QB, Jared Lorenzen:

View attachment 7295
:love-heart:

If ever their was an asterisk season, 2020 was it. Hard to take 2020 seriously. Some Brady lovers will, but that will be it.
It's also the worst SB ever played with free TDs being handed out when we all know players are allowed to play in SBs. The second one was atrocious with the ball out of the back of the end zone. Horrible product. The whole season featured a horrible product, actually, for obvious reasons.

seminal teams.

View attachment 7295
Talk about a guy with a cannon for an arm though.

Yeah, I see the similarity in signing a former MVP QB for backup money and giving up the best QB in the 2021 draft AND your first round pick in the 2022 draft for a player almost certain to end up on the commissioner's exempt list for years while the courts process 22 sexual assault lawsuits.

The whole idea is so stupid it boggles the mind. Makes Mike Ditka trading all seven 1999 draft picks plus his first 2000 draft pick (#2 overall) for the fifth pick in the 1999 draft (RB Ricky "Hoo Dat" Williams) sound like a good idea.

If BB traded Jones for Watson straight up, never mind the first rounder, you'd be all over his shit for being a horrible GM, and you'd be right.

I'm trying to do the right thing here and not do personal attacks.
So I'll generalize here.
ANYONE WHO POST A LONG STUPID ARTICLE BY GASPER THAT MENTIONS REX RYAN AS AN AUTHORITY ON QB'S, HAS TO HAVE A SCREW LOOSE AND WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS.
That is not a personal attack, merely an observation.

Pretty explosive comments from Chris Gasper on Bill potentially trading Mac to Houston for Watson because he wants to get to Shula's record and feels he cannot do it right now with Jones. Of course, Bill has the Caserio connection so I wonder what it would take for this to happen? Jones + a 1st?

Gasper brings up a good point that Bill has always liked Watson, kind of like how he always admired Cam.

Mac Jones For Deshaun Watson? Making Sense Of Recent Patriots Chatter​

Is Bill Belichick down on Mac Jones?

Some interesting bits of conflicting New England Patriots reporting slipped through the cracks last week.

And along the way, they produced this wild trade idea: Mac Jones for Deshaun Watson.

First, a quick summation of the situation in Houston. Watson, one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, requested a trade after last season amid his mounting frustration with the Texans. Houston initially insisted it would not deal the superstar signal-caller, but subsequent reporting indicated Patriots executive-turned-Texans general manager Nick Caserio had softened his stance.

During the spring, Watson was hit with over 20 civil lawsuits alleging varying degrees of sexual misconduct. Virtually all trade speculation disappeared.
Now, still adamant about never playing for the Texans again, the 26-year-old is part of Houston’s 53-man roster but hasn’t come close to playing all season. All reporting suggests Watson eventually will play somewhere else. But thus far other NFL teams, warry either of Houston’s asking price or Watson’s unresolved legal issues (or both), haven’t executed a trade for the three-time Pro Bowler.

WCVB-TV’s Chris Gasper, someone well-connected with the Patriots, indicated that Belichick and the Patriots might look to move Jones as soon as this offseason. Gasper didn’t say that New England is down on Jones; rather, that Belichick, with an eye on Don Shula’s all-time wins (including postseason) record, might believe Jones is a year or two away from performing at a championship-caliber level.
Rex Ryan Rips 'Peashooter' Mac Jones, Compares Him To No-Name QB

Shula has 347 wins while Belichick has 313.

It all started when Michael Felger read an email that Gasper sent prior to appearing on the show.

“I think Bill is coming to realize that his system doesn’t really work without high-level quarterback play,” the email read, “And he can’t wait around for Mac to be elite if he wants to catch Shula.”
The ensuing discussion included a lot of what certainly sounded like informed speculation. Gasper’s coy, wink-wink answers seemingly indicated he knew more than he was willing to reveal.
(We recommend clicking here to listen to Gasper’s segment, and fast-forwarding to the 20-minute mark.)

When asked why he believes Belichick has reached the alleged realization about Jones, Gasper, smiling, offered the following:
“Just a feeling. … Just a feeling that, maybe, that’s something that’s been brought up to (Belichick),” he said. “I don’t know how willing he would be to accept it at this point. But it’s a more collaborative process these days and maybe there’s some thought that this system works best with a quarterback who can — look, would we all agree that Deshaun Watson is capable of making the guys around him better? So, that type of quarterback.

” … I’m not saying that they’re out on Mac Jones, but there might be this realization of, ‘OK, our system is more efficient and works better with a certain type of quarterback that can elevate the people around him. And, how long do we have to wait for Mac to be that quarterback?’ … I’m not saying they don’t think he’s capable of being that guy eventually, but how long do you want to wait? And if Deshaun Watson ends up being a distressed asset… Bill really likes Deshaun Watson and has always praised him.

In the words of Dr. Evil talking to Goldmember about painting Austin Powers' yoohoo gold , "How about NO ok?"..

In the words of Dr. Evil talking to Goldmember about painting Austin Powers' yoohoo gold , "How about NO ok?"..
I would seriously doubt anything comes about with the Pats but Watson is hanging out there and the Texans need to move him. I think it will be interesting to see just how far they have to come down on their original demand of three 1s. My feeling is he ends up in Miami before the end of the month.

What are they smoking? Hard pass. That article made my body ache. Time for a massage.

I would seriously doubt anything comes about with the Pats but Watson is hanging out there and the Texans need to move him. I think it will be interesting to see just how far they have to come down on their original demand of three 1s. My feeling is he ends up in Miami before the end of the month.
I don't see how Miami can afford him or waste more picks after their disastrous recent set of drafts and how much money they've wasted on guys down there. They're a disaster in the making, especially on defense. Grier and Flores are in way over their head. I have no idea how the media sold them as some kind of a contender other than delusion and trying to root for any other team in NE's division.

Any team trading for a possible serial sex offender like that may want to re-think themselves as a human being within an organization. He may have to take the stand if those girls do.

Back