Mac Jones For Deshaun Watson? Gasper Thinks It is a Possibility

It's not my fault that he/she is seen so easily as a troll. It's weird that you would project that on to me. You should be asking why a newer member is so quick to detect what the person does.

I do not know one real Pats fan (friends, family) who takes what the media trolls do seriously and I certainly don't think it should be taken seriously with fans looking for genuine discussion.

BB is not trading for a suspended QB who is facing serious sexual assault charges, when the team was forced to cut Antonio Brown just 2 years ago due to the commissioner cheating and taking calls from jealous owners because Kraft paid for a handy in a strip mall.

It's not going to happen.

And, it's doubly insulting to see that when we see how well Mac Jones is progressing as the possible rookie of the year, not to mention the fact Mac Jones is so cheap compared to a 35 mil per QB in Watson who is possibly going to trial for very serious alleged felonies.

It's so mindnumbingly trollish, it's unbelievable.
What makes you think the board doesn't see it? I think it's pretty clear that pretty much everyone does. If it were a new member, maybe it would be handled differently. But as I understand it this particular member was here for years, not as a troll, until Brady left.

Why would you think that the board you elected to join can't or won't handle it's business? Or do you just have some sort of know-it-all/savior complex? I've been withholding judgement for awhile, but I've gotta be honest: I'm getting a vibe of the latter based on this and your engagement more broadly. Thus far I've been chalking it up to a new member cutting his teeth and trying to make his mark and carve out a rep on a new board, which is fine - you're obviously passionate and generally seem well-informed, both of which are always welcome. But some of us have been here since MouthOff/KFFL blew up.

We have, err, fewer mods than we once had, and we've always welcomed opposing fans and differing opinions. Many opposing fans have stayed for years. Sometimes they start as trolls and develop into quality posters, sometimes vice-versa.

But the point is, you joined the board. Let it come to you a bit.

What makes you think the board doesn't see it? I think it's pretty clear that pretty much everyone does. If it were a new member, maybe it would be handled differently. But as I understand it this particular member was here for years, not as a troll, until Brady left.

Why would you think that the board you elected to join can't or won't handle it's business? Or do you just have some sort of know-it-all/savior complex? I've been withholding judgement for awhile, but I've gotta be honest: I'm getting a vibe of the latter based on this and your engagement more broadly. Thus far I've been chalking it up to a new member cutting his teeth and trying to make his mark and carve out a rep on a new board, which is fine - you're obviously passionate and generally seem well-informed, both of which are always welcome. But some of us have been here since MouthOff/KFFL blew up.

We have, err, fewer mods than we once had, and we've always welcomed opposing fans and differing opinions. Many opposing fans have stayed for years. Sometimes they start as trolls and develop into quality posters, sometimes vice-versa.

I've already explained it. If you know of a troll, you rid the troll because that's the source. The people who are pointing it out over and over are not the problem. It appears like he/she simply can't help his/herself.

I also don't start threads with an agenda like this. I have no agenda. I am just a longtime, diehard Pats fan. You know, a fan of the TEAM.

It's also very immature because the Brady business has been beaten into the ground where a lot of us accept and understand it, while the trolls use it even though many of us don't care about the Buccaneers or the diva who is the QB there.

I'd much rather be talking football, Xs and Os and strategy, etc, vs Dallas than anything else, which is why I am mainly on those threads. I have no know-it-all complex, whatever that means. I don't care about status either. I am just here to talk football, with hopefully, likeminded real Pats diehards. It's really simple for me, actually.

Lastly, I've chosen not to really engage with that person and that's the best I can do there. I really don't want to be accused of bumping this troll thread, so this is it for me on this topic.

Pretty explosive comments from Chris Gasper on Bill potentially trading Mac to Houston for Watson because he wants to get to Shula's record and feels he cannot do it right now with Jones. Of course, Bill has the Caserio connection so I wonder what it would take for this to happen? Jones + a 1st?

Gasper brings up a good point that Bill has always liked Watson, kind of like how he always admired Cam.

Mac Jones For Deshaun Watson? Making Sense Of Recent Patriots Chatter​

Is Bill Belichick down on Mac Jones?

Some interesting bits of conflicting New England Patriots reporting slipped through the cracks last week.

And along the way, they produced this wild trade idea: Mac Jones for Deshaun Watson.

First, a quick summation of the situation in Houston. Watson, one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, requested a trade after last season amid his mounting frustration with the Texans. Houston initially insisted it would not deal the superstar signal-caller, but subsequent reporting indicated Patriots executive-turned-Texans general manager Nick Caserio had softened his stance.

During the spring, Watson was hit with over 20 civil lawsuits alleging varying degrees of sexual misconduct. Virtually all trade speculation disappeared.
Now, still adamant about never playing for the Texans again, the 26-year-old is part of Houston’s 53-man roster but hasn’t come close to playing all season. All reporting suggests Watson eventually will play somewhere else. But thus far other NFL teams, warry either of Houston’s asking price or Watson’s unresolved legal issues (or both), haven’t executed a trade for the three-time Pro Bowler.

WCVB-TV’s Chris Gasper, someone well-connected with the Patriots, indicated that Belichick and the Patriots might look to move Jones as soon as this offseason. Gasper didn’t say that New England is down on Jones; rather, that Belichick, with an eye on Don Shula’s all-time wins (including postseason) record, might believe Jones is a year or two away from performing at a championship-caliber level.
Rex Ryan Rips 'Peashooter' Mac Jones, Compares Him To No-Name QB

Shula has 347 wins while Belichick has 313.

It all started when Michael Felger read an email that Gasper sent prior to appearing on the show.

“I think Bill is coming to realize that his system doesn’t really work without high-level quarterback play,” the email read, “And he can’t wait around for Mac to be elite if he wants to catch Shula.”
The ensuing discussion included a lot of what certainly sounded like informed speculation. Gasper’s coy, wink-wink answers seemingly indicated he knew more than he was willing to reveal.
(We recommend clicking here to listen to Gasper’s segment, and fast-forwarding to the 20-minute mark.)

When asked why he believes Belichick has reached the alleged realization about Jones, Gasper, smiling, offered the following:
“Just a feeling. … Just a feeling that, maybe, that’s something that’s been brought up to (Belichick),” he said. “I don’t know how willing he would be to accept it at this point. But it’s a more collaborative process these days and maybe there’s some thought that this system works best with a quarterback who can — look, would we all agree that Deshaun Watson is capable of making the guys around him better? So, that type of quarterback.

” … I’m not saying that they’re out on Mac Jones, but there might be this realization of, ‘OK, our system is more efficient and works better with a certain type of quarterback that can elevate the people around him. And, how long do we have to wait for Mac to be that quarterback?’ … I’m not saying they don’t think he’s capable of being that guy eventually, but how long do you want to wait? And if Deshaun Watson ends up being a distressed asset… Bill really likes Deshaun Watson and has always praised him.

Gasper is grasping for clicks...

??We all joined the board?? Not sure why that is a negative??

We do welcome differing opinions. What is happening is NOT a difference in opinion. The board is behaving worse that it has since I've been here and will get worse as long as the problem continues. Just because someone is new does not automatically mean they are wrong. At some point it is time to suck it up and address the problem, not the symptoms of the problem.

As far as Mazz being here a long time, that is sort of true. She was here a long time ago. She got into it with some Denver fan (Yakkitysax or something like that) who was being obnoxious, the mods censured her and told her that we welcome fans of other teams. She left abruptly, and when she came back was a different poster. Now the shoe is on the other foot and again the mods want to appease someone who is quite obviously out to be obnoxious, only this time she is the one who is the perpretator, not the victim. There is a certain element of poetic justice here.

I supported her against yakkitysax and the mods here (I believe we are still friends here) but she left. Eventually Yakkitysax grew tired of being a dick, but Mazz didn't return and the board lost a great member. Now she is back but not supportive member. Eventually she will grow bored and leave. In the meantime, how many would be members visit this board, say what a mess, and never return? How long before long-term posters leave as Mazz did and I almost did back7-8 years ago?

But I understand what you and UT and...I think it was DChester (???,the dog with the hat icon) were saying and wanted back then and now. It's UTs board, not mine, and I will back off.

Do you drink a lot of coffee?
Probably, Mazz. But I gave up smoking, then gave up drinking. I got re-married and settled back down. My doctor wants me to drink less coffee, but geez, I'm 74 years old and coffee is my last real vice.

I really miss the old Mazz and I'm sorry about beating up on you so badly. The mods were wrong about Yakkitysax. You were treated badly and deserve some slack, even if I don't want to read your posts now.

I will make all the effort I can to keep threads on track and not let them be hijacked by silly Brady arguments, or anything else that is trollish behavior. If it continues, or gets worse, additional steps will be taken. But as I said in the State of the Board thread, both the trolling and the personal attacks that follow need to calm down for us to get to where we want to be.

But this IS an article about the Patriots, as stupid as it is. If you don't like it, move on to something else. Not every topic is for everyone.

And if you don't believe me, I'll get Piggy to start more threads.

:coffee:

I will make all the effort I can to keep threads on track and not let them be hijacked by silly Brady arguments, or anything else that is trollish behavior. If it continues, or gets worse, additional steps will be taken. But as I said in the State of the Board thread, both the trolling and the personal attacks that follow need to calm down for us to get to where we want to be.

But this IS an article about the Patriots, as stupid as it is. If you don't like it, move on to something else. Not every topic is for everyone.

May I ask a question or would you prefer it off board?

I believe you, please don't use the nuclear option.

Probably, Mazz. But I gave up smoking, then gave up drinking. I got re-married and settled back down. My doctor wants me to drink less coffee, but geez, I'm 74 years old and coffee is my last real vice.

I really miss the old Mazz and I'm sorry about beating up on you so badly. The mods were wrong about Yakkitysax. You were treated badly and deserve some slack, even if I don't want to read your posts now.
I hear you on the coffee. I had to cut way back. Acid reflux. Plus the caffeine was giving me headaches. It really does stink getting older.

I did not leave over Yackity. What a name he had. LOL. I actually liked him toward the end. Remember how he said Elway was a better GM than Bill? LOL. I wonder how he is handling the Mahomes era and the emergence of Herbert. He is probably off drinking his six pack every day in the mountains.

It really was not one thing that made me leave. I got mixed up on the PF side which was bad all around but I kind of exited from SM altogether. It was the best thing I ever did for my mental health in general. I have only since come back to this board and PatsFans.

The main issue as I see it is this board is very pro Bill and I am not. It is not just a Brady thing but more of a GM thing over the last 6 years. That being said, I am trying to be more mindful of the differences. I really did not see this thread as being that explosive as Gasper was just reporting some things he was hearing from inside the Pats. I really don't think it is far fetched to believe Bill wants to catch Shula sooner rather than later. I also am not sure the higher ups in the org are as positive on Jones being that guy as many are on this board. I think time will tell but if Watson did not have his legal issues, I think it is a no brainer to get him. But the legal issues is why his trade value has gone down so that is why I think it is remote that the Pats try to get him.

I do think Watson gets traded soon so perhaps this thread can just be a catch all when that happens. My feeling is he ends up in Miami.

I would seriously doubt anything comes about with the Pats but Watson is hanging out there and the Texans need to move him. I think it will be interesting to see just how far they have to come down on their original demand of three 1s. My feeling is he ends up in Miami before the end of the month.
Even one first round pick is too much at this point imo, with the looming allegations hanging over his head, spending any high draft pick on him is too much of a gamble. No thank you, they can keep him..lol

Of course.

This board is member run.
I am seriously not trying to push your buttons here, but you don't see the board name of "Mazz" and the troll agenda 98.5 has or the Globe, etc, really any lying and misrepresenting media outlet, with this person enabling it here, as trolling?

Also, wouldn't it make a bit more sense to just clip the obvious stuff at the root as opposed to expecting people to not comment on how absurd some of that person's commentary is? It's almost intentionally absurd by design, which some may see as attention-seeking trolling.

98.5 started in 2009, as did ESPN Boston, and their models are intended to mislead and bash Belichick wherever they can get away with it for financial gain. We've seen how dangerous real world disinformation is, so it seems like this stuff goes against the spirit of the board. And, our little friend is attempting to do the same thing here, case in point, right on this very thread itself.

I would imagine a lot of us don't ever listen to 98.5 or read most of the people at the Globe (Jim McBride is fantastic) knowing what they're doing as a waste of our time as fans. Bringing it here just seems like an attempt to try to induce a reaction from those troll turds.

I am not going to be quick to ban anyone with thousands of posts.

I am not going to ban anyone for contrary football opinions.

As I said in the State of the Board thread, I am aware of the issues. There is communication with members that is not public.

If something becomes too big of an issue and there is a user that is causing most of those issues, additional action is taken. It may not always be public or even noticed by others.

In short, I posted this in 2008 as a summary of what Patriots Planet is:

A community. A place to have fun while talking about the Patriots or nearly anything else. We are not interested in being the largest Patriots forum (though we actually were for a little while). We are not interested in flame wars (but if you are, we have a forum for it called the Assclown Asylum.) That is not to say serious discussion is not allowed. There are plenty of thoughtful threads about both football and non-football subjects.

Check out the Classic Thread forum for some serious and not so serious discussion and a general feel for what OT posts on Patriots Planet can be like.

What we are interested in is entertainment. Most of the returning members stay here because it is fun. There is plenty of football conversation and a lot of sarcasm and jokes. We welcome anyone with similar tastes, Patriots fan or not.

If you come here to troll or to start trouble, we will wash our hands of you quickly. This is a private board, there is no right to free speech. The board is generally run by the community and not by the moderators.

(this thread was inspired by Dchester's suggestion that there be a link for smack talk. I thought it could also serve as a general summary of Patriots Planet. We'll sticky this so it can be ignored by almost everyone, but in case a new user stumbles in here, you now know what we are about)

Gaspers thought was Bill likes to get damaged goods on the cheap. I get that but still seems a bit out there. I really don't think Caserio is getting anything close to three 1s. So if it drops down, I could see Bill being interested. Depends if he wants short term success to catch Shula or take the long approach with Jones.
You can't really be this far gone. Then again maybe you are.

Even one first round pick is too much at this point imo, with the looming allegations hanging over his head, spending any high draft pick on him is too much of a gamble. No thank you, they can keep him..lol
They are all civil suits. Once he is active the NFL will suspend him most likely for the rest of this season.

The bigger question to me is had he sought help?
There is no reason to gamble on him at all if that has not happened.

On the other side he is a proven franchise QB. Was top 3 in the AFC before his legal issues. He is also only 26. Bill has always talked highly of him. Houston was a dumpster fire. I can only imagine what he would be capable of in an org like ours with our coaching. There is no question that with him IMO that we immediately jump to a legit contender in the AFC and Bill can realistically catch Shula in 4-5 seasons.

They are all civil suits. Once he is active the NFL will suspend him most likely for the rest of this season.

The bigger question to me is had he sought help?
There is no reason to gamble on him at all if that has not happened.

On the other side he is a proven franchise QB. Was top 3 in the AFC before his legal issues. He is also only 26. Bill has always talked highly of him. Houston was a dumpster fire. I can only imagine what he would be capable of in an org like ours with our coaching. There is no question that with him IMO that we immediately jump to a legit contender in the AFC and Bill can realistically catch Shula in 4-5 seasons.
NO reason to give up even 1 first round for someone who can't play this year imo.

Back