Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Outplayed Brady again. It's time to start including Mac in the MVP discussion. It's not about stat collection.

They've spent the last year trying to make Belichick look like DementiaShula. Since it's now clear that he's not, there's a whole lot of freezing cold takes sitting out there that need to be corrected.

That's all. If they win playoff games they'll be off the bandwagon soon enough.
I have to eat crow, happily, but I was questioning Bill's moves of late. He had a plan, and no matter what happens this year, the future is bright

I think we are getting out of control with the expectations.
Agreed, most rookie QB's have a couple bad passes a drive, with Mac it's only a couple a game. I think alot of Pats fans don't really get how rare this is. We are starting a rookie QB and are thriving.

Mac Jones made three bad throws the whole game. Our defense gave up too many big runs… Tennessee Titans were missing a lot of great players due to injury. We should’ve never let Tennessee stay that close to us. I give our performance a B minus. The scary thing we still won rather easily… i’m super excited for the future of this team. We probably won’t win a Super Bowl this year, but our future is obviously very bright. Who knows I don’t see a single team that scares me come playoffs and Super Bowl time. Our defense is good enough to keep us in any game. It’s going to be an exciting couple of months.

Mac Jones made three bad throws the whole game. Our defense gave up too many big runs… Tennessee Titans were missing a lot of great players due to injury. We should’ve never let Tennessee stay that close to us. I give our performance a B minus. The scary thing we still won rather easily… i’m super excited for the future of this team. We probably won’t win a Super Bowl this year, but our future is obviously very bright. Who knows I don’t see a single team that scares me come playoffs and Super Bowl time. Our defense is good enough to keep us in any game. It’s going to be an exciting couple of months.
We were without James White, Jon Jones and Jamie Collins. We also have a lot of guys dinged up who are limited in practice, so while I agree Henry out is big, Julio Jones is about cooked in his career and shouldn't be considered some huge loss for them. He may not even make it back. That's on their GM to have a deeper roster than they have. Their "injury" issues are being over-sold in the press because they were playing the Pats.

We weren't hearing about this when they were getting super lucky every week playing really injured teams up until now. Also, they play down to their competition which is a bad sign if you're a Titans fan.

I agree the Run D part was surprising. I think they have some guys dinged up like Barmore and Hightower and need that Bye as soon as they can get it. I think that will help them as a group, but the secondary was outstanding yet again. Holding any QB to under 100 yards passing in this age is not an easy feat.

Vrabel and Co must have spent a lot of time at halftime patting one another on the back at halftime watching the CBS broadcast, as NE shut them out completely in the second half and never looked back. It's a shame they allowed that run before half, because it went from NE totally controlling the game like they did vs the Chargers and Falcons, to it being closer than it should have been.

Overall, I think a B+ is more fair. Folk is having another All Pro year and numerous other players like Bourne, Jackson, etc are playing so well. Even Mills had himself a nice game.

Mark Daniels: It's clear the NFL messed up by letting the Patriots draft Mac Jones​

Mac Jones
But for months before the draft, Jones wasn't any good. He's just a system QB. He isn't fast. He played with a loaded offense that carried him. His ceiling is low.

Kinda like that other QB the Pats had that was also overlooked...he plays for a different team now.

But for months before the draft, Jones wasn't any good. He's just a system QB. He isn't fast. He played with a loaded offense that carried him. His ceiling is low.

Kinda like that other QB the Pats had that was also overlooked...he plays for a different team now.

I guess they forgot to kick the tires when it was Mac's time in the draft.

It's the stuff I was begging for Brady to do by using a run game to make it legit from 2007-2012. You can't get a viable playaction from the shotgun 45 times in a game. Even with NO run game yesterday, he was still under Center, keeping them honest, and then selling it beautifully. That's the key. Don't abandon it even if it's not working.

The windows open right up if you still keep running it to keep the LBs honest and the Safety honest. He's great at manipulating or deceiving. Cue up Whinebaugh telling us "deception" isn't legal.

lmao

...through the first 12 weeks of the season, Mac Jones' catchable throws have led to an all-time low drop rate for Patriots receivers and a 8-4 record that is good for first place in the AFC East.

The Patriots currently have the lowest drop rate in the NFL at just 3.3%. New England leads the next-best team by .3 percentage points. The Patriots have never had a lower drop rate in the PFF era, and it's the third-lowest of any team in that span.

Jones is currently the best rookie QB in the NFL and PFF’s seventh-highest graded (83.9) signal-caller. He ranks second among qualified NFL quarterbacks in drop rate behind Kyler Murray of the Arizona Cardinals. New England receivers have caught the highest percentage of catchable footballs this season at 93.8%.

So, does Jones throw an especially “catchable” ball? Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels answered with an emphatic “definitely.”

Jones ranks second in PFF’s accurate throw percentage. At 64.0%, it’s also the highest ever for a rookie in the PFF era. Perhaps just as importantly, he has the lowest uncatchable inaccurate throw percentage at just 14.7%, the lowest rate ever for a rookie QB in the PFF era. He gives his receivers a chance on 85.3% of his throws, which is highest among qualified NFL quarterbacks.

...through the first 12 weeks of the season, Mac Jones' catchable throws have led to an all-time low drop rate for Patriots receivers and a 8-4 record that is good for first place in the AFC East.

The Patriots currently have the lowest drop rate in the NFL at just 3.3%. New England leads the next-best team by .3 percentage points. The Patriots have never had a lower drop rate in the PFF era, and it's the third-lowest of any team in that span.

Jones is currently the best rookie QB in the NFL and PFF’s seventh-highest graded (83.9) signal-caller. He ranks second among qualified NFL quarterbacks in drop rate behind Kyler Murray of the Arizona Cardinals. New England receivers have caught the highest percentage of catchable footballs this season at 93.8%.

So, does Jones throw an especially “catchable” ball? Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels answered with an emphatic “definitely.”

So basically, this puts Mac Jones into the MVP conversation. He outperformed you know who again yesterday as well.

Mac Jones passer rating through the last 4 games is 111.7, compared to an average through the first 4 games of 86.7. I can't be 100% sure about the math, but I'm reasonably certain that means he'll have an average passer rating of 136.6 through the last 4 games of the season.

Back