Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Kyle Van Noy had high praise for Mac Jones after his Patriots release.​

“I sent him a nice message the other day about how I appreciate him and who he is as a person,” Van Noy told Pat McAfee. “I love Mac. I actually believe in Mac. … I really believe in him, and I think he’s going to be great. I hope he has the supporting cast to support him, that’s for sure, because he needs it.”

When I tell you (Jones) loves football and he’s a Patriot, that is him. I love him, too. He’s good. He’s really good. I’ve been impressed. For being 23, to handle the things that he’s handled, to be respectful, to get the teammates — like, he’s cool with all the teammates, vets, younger guys — it’s impressive, bro. That’s tough to do.

Over the last 2 seasons Mac Jones is easily the best QB drafted.

THE BEST of the entirety of the last two classes.

2019 had Burrow and Herbert. I think Mac falls behind both (no kidding) as of now.

So, BB has delivered, at worst, the 3rd best QB to the Pats... On the heels of TFB.

And honestly, Jones might be the best. Give it 5 years.
I would argue that both Herbert and Burrows had better weapons around them and a much easier path to the sstarting role than Mac did. I would say all things considered, it's a push between the three on my mind.

I honestly believe that the 49ers made that trade for Mac and then let the media pressure and fan scrutiny lead them to talk themselves into Lance. Lucky for us.
it is going to be very interesting to watch what happens with Lance. Same with Tua. Hell, just can't wait for football season and see ALL the QB's !

Its the probowl mic'd up ,Mac was not afraid to be vocal to his peers.
Stage doesn't appear to be to big for him.

I mentioned this in the Pats 2022 thread with a link to the original PFF article. but this commentary fits better here:

Excerpt:

Pro Football Focus' 25 top players under 25 years old has a notable omission.

Pro Football Focus has released its ranking of its top 25 NFL players under 25 years old. The number of New England Patriots players ranked on the list is the same as the the number of times the Buffalo Bills have won the Super Bowl: zero.

I mentioned this in the Pats 2022 thread with a link to the original PFF article. but this commentary fits better here:

Excerpt:

Pro Football Focus' 25 top players under 25 years old has a notable omission.

Pro Football Focus has released its ranking of its top 25 NFL players under 25 years old. The number of New England Patriots players ranked on the list is the same as the the number of times the Buffalo Bills have won the Super Bowl: zero.
If it's an oversight, that's one thing. If it's an intentional omission, then the entire piece is invalid. And that's not my homerism shining throught. It's unbiased fact.

If it's an oversight, that's one thing. If it's an intentional omission, then the entire piece is invalid. And that's not my homerism shining throught. It's unbiased fact.
Has to be intentional if Trevor Lawrence is in there.

Edit: Then again, it's PFF, so they're probably serious.

Has to be intentional if Trevor Lawrence is in there.

Edit: Then again, it's PFF, so they're probably serious.

Sikkema is from Florida and he was a reporter covering TBay and Jax for years before joining PFF. This is his list and it shows his biases. He's catching hell for his omissions.

Back