Mac Jones Is Our QB1

So no dinosaur? Lol.
Also, he has yet to prove he can carry a team but it's only year 2 so he has time.
Come on, stop playing word games and own up to what you said. You asked for examples of you calling him a dinosaur that could not compete in today's NFL simply because he was the type of QB that cannot compete in today's NFL. You were painfully descriptive and dismissive of him as a QB because he wasn't as athletic as the other first rounders.

I realize Jones was simply collateral damage of you irrational hatred of all things BB, but you trashed the guy because he wasn't dynamic, i.e., non-athletic, a function of his two WRs, and the wrong type of QB for BB to have drafted. The first four were the right type of QB because they were the modern type...and they weren't drafted by Belichick. Stop trying to pretend you didn't.

"Jones is not a QB that can create on his own and make plays happen. In other words, he is not going to elevate those around him. They will have to elevate him." What an asinine thing to say on draft day.

I don't care that you were wrong. You probably don't remember because you don't probably believe what you post anyway. But you said show me where you said any of that, and I did, looking in only 1 of the 4-5 threads from draft weekend and the next few days.

Hey, you picked the wrong horse to bet against a year ago. I'm glad you are now able to admit that Mac might be able to prove himself, but you and I and everyone on this forum know it is more about who he was drafted by than his ability.

smh

Come on, stop playing word games and own up to what you said. You asked for examples of you calling him a dinosaur that could not compete in today's NFL simply because he was the type of QB that cannot compete in today's NFL. You were painfully descriptive and dismissive of him as a QB because he wasn't as athletic as the other first rounders.

I realize Jones was simply collateral damage of you irrational hatred of all things BB, but you trashed the guy because he wasn't dynamic, i.e., non-athletic, a function of his two WRs, and the wrong type of QB for BB to have drafted. The first four were the right type of QB because they were the modern type...and they weren't drafted by Belichick. Stop trying to pretend you didn't.

"Jones is not a QB that can create on his own and make plays happen. In other words, he is not going to elevate those around him. They will have to elevate him." What an asinine thing to say on draft day.

I don't care that you were wrong. You probably don't remember because you don't probably believe what you post anyway. But you said show me where you said any of that, and I did, looking in only 1 of the 4-5 threads from draft weekend and the next few days.

Hey, you picked the wrong horse to bet against a year ago. I'm glad you are now able to admit that Mac might be able to prove himself, but you and I and everyone on this forum know it is more about who he was drafted by than his ability.

smh
Not sure why you lost your mind on all this when my original comment was about the national media coverage of Mac. But scrolling through all my posts does show your love for me. :love-heart:

Last edited:
is there somewhere a non local can see it?
I didn't see it on youtube yet. that was first time I saw it so guessing it is brand new. it'll hit youtube sooner or later

for those not local, Arbella is an insurance company that I think is generally a Mass/New England company, but not honestly sure what their business region covers

There were a number of draft weekend threads about Jones. I only looked in the first one.

He also needs to develop his body and drop the flab and put on muscle so he can withstand the punishment given he is a smallish type QB.
I decided to do a little bit of research on whether the "smallish type QB" quote, which I believe spacecrime is attributing to Mazz, is true when applied to Mac Jones.

Using profootballreference.com, it's possible to take the opening day rosters of all 32 teams and get the height and weight of all NFL QBs, starters and backups. From that, one can computer mean (average) and median height and weight.

The mean height is 6'2.6" (6 feet, 2.6 inches). The median height is 6'3".
The mean weight is 219.6 pounds. The median weight is 218.5 pounds.

The listed height and weight for Mac Jones is 6'3" and 217 pounds. Almost exactly the mean and median heights and weights.

I decided to do a little bit of research on whether the "smallish type QB" quote, which I believe spacecrime is attributing to Mazz, is true when applied to Mac Jones.

Using profootballreference.com, it's possible to take the opening day rosters of all 32 teams and get the height and weight of all NFL QBs, starters and backups. From that, one can computer mean (average) and median height and weight.

The mean height is 6'2.6" (6 feet, 2.6 inches). The median height is 6'3".
The mean weight is 219.6 pounds. The median weight is 218.5 pounds.

The listed height and weight for Mac Jones is 6'3" and 217 pounds. Almost exactly the mean and median heights and weights.
Now do IQ.

Back