Mac Jones Is Our QB1

The hatred from Bart the Fart toward the Patriots is unparraralled and hilarious. Even the Pink Hats here can't match it, LOL.
Yeah. They suck. Let's all punch those pussy bitches in the face. If we talk tough enough, we might even beat them once every decade or so.

Cheers

Mac Jones is our QB1.

We had a QB here in town for many years that people had a lot of faith in, and who was very successful. Early in his second year as a starter, he went through a string of 5 straight games with an interception, 3 of those with multiple picks. At the time, and over that first off-season, he was the subject of a lot of talk that he was a pure system QB, a game manager who didn't have a lot of arm talent and wasn't a guy who could win games for you. He was pressing, testing himself, seeing what he could and couldn't do. It was probably a good thing long term that he didn't experience high levels of success when pressing like this and pushing the ball down the field - he shifted back to taking what he was given, but also dedicated himself to developing his arm and physical gifts to give him more options.

I think Mac is in a very similar spot right now. The new system is part of it, the coaching is part of it, but I think some of the talk is in his head, and he's gotten to where he is today by never accepting people's assessments of what he couldn't do.

That doesn't mean it will turn out the same way. But I think he has the personality to head down the same path. He'll be fine. I'm glad he's testing his limits, and while it's painful that he's finding them, it should be a good thing overall.

Mac Jones is our QB1.

We had a QB here in town for many years that people had a lot of faith in, and who was very successful. Early in his second year as a starter, he went through a string of 5 straight games with an interception, 3 of those with multiple picks. At the time, and over that first off-season, he was the subject of a lot of talk that he was a pure system QB, a game manager who didn't have a lot of arm talent and wasn't a guy who could win games for you. He was pressing, testing himself, seeing what he could and couldn't do. It was probably a good thing long term that he didn't experience high levels of success when pressing like this and pushing the ball down the field - he shifted back to taking what he was given, but also dedicated himself to developing his arm and physical gifts to give him more options.

I think Mac is in a very similar spot right now. The new system is part of it, the coaching is part of it, but I think some of the talk is in his head, and he's gotten to where he is today by never accepting people's assessments of what he couldn't do.

That doesn't mean it will turn out the same way. But I think he has the personality to head down the same path. He'll be fine. I'm glad he's testing his limits, and while it's painful that he's finding them, it should be a good thing overall.

100%. Exactly my thoughts as well. My fears are centered around the fair weather fans and ridiculous Boston media, not Mac himself. If he lets them, they will wreck him. Hopefully, Bill is of like mind and is actively working on his head.

He's our QB1 even if he is sidelined for an uncertain amount of time.

He is, but I beg to differ on his deep balls. I need to go back and look, but he is still floating balls out there that add an extra quarter second and bring a safety into the play unnecessarily.

I mean, they look awesome to catch, though! A very catchable ball...

Nothing that can't be addressed with time, and his accuracy was better.

this is exactly what I was thinking before Mac got hurt
showing progress but have to obviously cut back on mistakes.
Mac did float a few too many. when it works it looks like impressive but I'd rather see more zip on some of those so the safety doesn't have time to get into the play. I noticed Lamar had a mix of soft floaters and zip passes as well.

the O-Line is still gelling, so now they can gel and Hoyer or Zappe can pay the price when they screw up. by the time Mac is back lets hope the O-line's improvement has continued to the point of even better pass protection.

Mac is our QB1 but he is being pushed.
No one knows how it will turn out yet, not even Belichick.
I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

good read, thanks
i wonder how much b.z. operated under center vs. shotgun in college? i had thought shotgun more, because he was an air raid guy @wky, but not sure. if he was , 30%, more under center than he's used to is impressive.

good read, thanks
i wonder how much b.z. operated under center vs. shotgun in college? i had thought shotgun more, because he was an air raid guy @wky, but not sure. if he was , 30%, more under center than he's used to is impressive.
I believe he was 100% shotgun.

ok thanks...so converting to a more p.a. offense under certer is a tough transition methinks. but his quick read skills help.
And footwork. An underrated aspect of QBing, both Mac & Zappe have outstanding footwork for so early in their careers. I know Saban is a huge footwork, "small-things-are-big-things" guy, but I have no idea about the coach of Western Kentucky. I do know that Zappe's footwork was a bit clumsy and rushed/not rhythmic in the preseason, and looks crisp as hell now - quick but not rushed, and predictably rhythmic.

Could you imagine having a Steve young and Joe Montana after Tom Brady? The Hatriots would be hated on an epic level. Guarantee the suicide rate would jump in NY BALTIMORE PITT AND FLORIDA.🤣🤣😂😂

Mac Jones is our QB1.

Mac can do exactly what Zappe has done if the Pats called the same plays. Power run a lot, play action, screens, and quick passes.

Mac had been obediently following crappy direction to hold the ball, chuck it deep to Parker who doesn’t know the playbook, all while missing key WRs or with OLine in disarray early in the season

Back