Mac Jones Is Our QB1

The absolutely short sighted "Boston media" takes in this thread are weird. Not used to Patriots fans going all myopic when things are so obvious.

Mac is suffering because of the coaching and game planning not the other way around. Sheesh. Turn off your radios folks. You don't have commercials to sell and angry Chuckie from Brockton stuck in traffic on the Pike doesn't count.

The absolutely short sighted "Boston media" takes in this thread are weird. Not used to Patriots fans going all myopic when things are so obvious.

Mac is suffering because of the coaching and game planning not the other way around. Sheesh. Turn off your radios folks. You don't have commercials to sell and angry Chuckie from Brockton stuck in traffic on the Pike doesn't count.

WTF?

Are you watching these games?

Mac overthrowing ‘Mondre on a swing pass by 10 feet.

Seeing ghosts and running when he still has time in the pocket.

Missing WRs by yards, and then forcing it to a well-covered ‘Mondre.

Jesus Christ, many of us don’t even listen to the local stations.

Instead, we watch the goddamn games.

Yes, the o-line sucks. But we’ve seen bad o-lines before.
Mac is worse this year than last. That’s pretty damn obvious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WTF?

Are you watching these games?

Mac overthrowing ‘Mondre on a swing pass by 10 feet.

Seeing ghosts and running when he still has time in the pocket.

Missing WRs by yards, and then forcing it to a well-covered ‘Mondre.

Jesus Christ, many of us don’t even listen to the local stations.

Instead, we watch the goddamn games.

Yes, the o-line sucks. But we’ve seen bad o-lines before.
Mac is worse this year than last. That’s pretty damn obvious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

66.1% completion % in the face of miserable O Line play and worse play calling. Not just bad play calling but OBVIOUS play calling.

What should Mac's % be when the Defense KNOWS he is going to pass on 2nd and 9 AGAIN, 3rd series in a row like the Colts game??? What should it be? What?

SIXTY SIX point ONE

You are not seeing what is actually happening. He is running for his life and still completing over 66%. The play calling sucks and he is still completing over 66%.

Read that again. 66.1%

Every QB misses now and then. You are stuck on the few misses rather than the many hits while under constant pressure with obvious play calling. My Dog has Patricia 90% of the time and Seamus.... is a dog.

The 'Boston Media' take is blaming Matt Patricia.

With apologies to Elton John,

Hey, Zach, you’re gonna lose this Sunday,
That’s ‘cause Mac’s a fuel-injected Porche,
And you’re a rusted out old Hyundai
You’re gonna face your history of fears
You’re gonna hear our stadium rockin’ to our cheers

Say, Saleh and LaFleur, have you seen your QB lately
No fire, no spark, just wanders ‘round sedately
Z-Z-Z-Zachie and the Jets
He’s so weird in a boy band kind of way
Oh, Zachie, his passes always seem to stray,
Z-Z-Z-Zachie and the Jets
Zachie and the Jets

He’s quaking in his shoes, he’s gonna lose
He’s throwing picks like they’re going out of style, oh,
Zachie and the Jets

Last edited:
The 'Boston Media' take is blaming Matt Patricia.

It may seem blatantly obvious but in this case it is prime reason #1 for Mac's regression.

The guy in the quarterbacks room every day with Mac is Joe Judge, who was terrible on the Giants, had the worst offense in the league 2 years in a row, and almost cost Daniel Jones his career. Then you have a first-time OC in Patricia and his nonimpressive sidekick Rothstein learning obvious points on the fly like that your expensive TEs can be more than blockers, that play-action is an option, that hot routes can beat a blitz, or maybe don't call a 5-second slow developing vertical play when your OLine is terrible.

It may seem blatantly obvious but in this case it is prime reason #1 for Mac's regression.

The guy in the quarterbacks room every day with Mac is Joe Judge, who was terrible on the Giants, had the worst offense in the league 2 years in a row, and almost cost Daniel Jones his career. Then you have a first-time OC in Patricia and his nonimpressive sidekick Rothstein learning obvious points on the fly like that your expensive TEs can be more than blockers, that play-action is an option, that hot routes can beat a blitz, or maybe don't call a 5-second slow developing vertical play when your OLine is terrible.

Just look what Daboll is doing with the Giants' O. I blame Judge more than Patricia. Neither has suddenly turned into an offensive savant.
I hope BB takes over the offense going forward.

Just look what Daboll is doing with the Giants' O. I blame Judge more than Patricia. Neither has suddenly turned into an offensive savant.
BB is not taking over the offense. He believes in Matty and Joe.

Are you hearing anything along this line?

FgIItm8aEAAHejW

What would you do if I threw a pic six

Would you stand up and walk out on me?

Try not to boo and my problems I’ll fix

And I’ll be all you expect me to be

OH, I get by with a little help from the D

Mmm I get by with a return by ST

Mmm I’m gonna try to change the OC

The Pats' offensive line (96.7%!!) bears the largest amount of responsibility for pressures allowed (per @PFF).
PFF has Mac ranked eighth-LOWEST in pressure rate he's responsible for (8.2%) among qualified QBs (>25 dropbacks under pressure).

The OL is definitely an unmitigated disaster. BB and the entire staff (coaching and GM) deserves endless blame for fielding this garbo.

Back