Mac Jones Is Our QB1

No need to post any highlights. I like Mac - a lot. I am just not ready to anoint him anything right now. He has not played one snap of a real game. There are 4 really good QBs that were taken before him. I think this class of QBs has a chance to be truly special and I certainly hope Mac is the best of the lot BUT I liked Jimmy a lot too. Let's allow his career to play out a bit.
It isn’t a highlight video. Did you watch it?

Those games can be won with time of possession ....taking as much time off the clock, while wearing down the opposing defense and scoring..... hence the concentration on the running game...

~Dee~
This roster offensively was built with eating the clock in mind...just have to get the kicker to get back on track.

No one here is saying its the only thing just a big part as it was when Brady was a rookie.

~Dee~

How'd the high-flying offense do for ya in 2008? Defense is essential and the Pats had serious issues with it and when they ran into teams with good defensive plans against them they struggled offensively much like the Greatest Show on Turf in 2001 and as football mention the 20018 Rams.

The rules may have changed but the foundational principles for success remain the same.

Last edited:
Tonto and the Lone ranger were being attacked from all sides by fierce Indians,

Well, tonto, said the Lone ranger. We are done for.

Tonto: what do you mean "WE", paleface?"

Yep, many think the mobile dynamics of a more athletic QB is the future of the league. We lived 20 years with a pretty good pocket passer who showed that's not the best way.
Smarts, good decisions and accuracy go a lot farther for a lot longer.
'Athletic QBs' have been the 'Future' since Randall Cunningham came into the league. That was what, 35 years ago?

There will always, always, always, be a place in the NFL for a high-quality pocket passer.

I would like to win low scoring too but there are not too many offenses we are going to hold to 10 points.

IMO, I think we need to score mid-20s on average and of course more against the powerhouse offenses. I am basing this on our defense being better than last year although I am concerned about our secondary even if Gilmore is back. If our secondary is not one of the top ones in the conference than we will struggle mightily to hold off even bad teams, see Houston game from last year. So, I would rather have an offense that can put up points to ensure we win those types of games when the other's team offense/QB is going off.
They've given up 13 points in 2 games so far, and all I heard all week was how the Eagles were killing the Patriots in practice.

People need to start believing their eyes, and not the pre-programmed narratives.

'Athletic QBs' have been the 'Future' since Randall Cunningham came into the league. That was what, 35 years ago?

There will always, always, always, be a place in the NFL for a high-quality pocket passer.

Agreed. How many one-read and run athletic QBs have taken their teams to the promised land?

No one here is saying its the only thing just a big part as it was when Brady was a rookie.

~Dee~
The thing is to compare today's NFL at all to 2001 is fool's gold. You can't play football like that anymore. The defense can't hit the QB or the receivers. Although our defense will be better than last year, it is not the Bears or the Rams. We have to have a potent enough offense to score to win games. That is just how it works in today's league. That is why we drafted Jones because he is NFL ready. I really don't think Bill looks at him as a game manager at all. I think he sees a guy that can score and score often. At least that is the hope.

Back