Mac Jones Is Our QB1

It's pretty sad that you have become "that guy.'

You have always been IMO a valuable poster to this forum and outside of the Bill issue we agree on most things up here especially the PF.

It's interesting that when you're seemingly caught in a lie your go-to move is to attack said poster with the "I thought you were better than that" angle. It's kind of clever if you didn't do it so often.

It's interesting that when you're seemingly caught in a lie your go-to move is to attack said poster with the "I thought you were better than that" angle. It's kind of clever if you didn't do it so often.
Lol. I didn't read the article.
The issue of Jones not throwing deep has been going on now for 2 weeks.

I didn't attack Alou at all. Just expressing disappointment as I do think he is a quality poster.

It's pretty sad that you have become "that guy.'

You have always been IMO a valuable poster to this forum and outside of the Bill issue we agree on most things up here especially the PF.

If I am, what caused it?

So many people have asked, begged you to stop with the troll like posts.

What will it take?

I would MUCH rather interact with you differently.

It isn't an attempt to silence your opinion so don't go there. Just be straight up.

If I am, what caused it?

So many people have asked, begged you to stop with the troll like posts.

What will it take?

I would MUCH rather interact with you differently.

It isn't an attempt to silence your opinion so don't go there. Just be straight up.
Lol. I was straight up with my post on Mac. I gave an honest football analysis of what I thought were his reasons for not throwing deep. You went off the deep end and accused me of taking a shot at Bill. Then you say I parroted Lazar. So does that mean Lazar was taking a shot at Bill?
You seem to be trying really hard to cause a stir. That is out of character for you IMO.

Lol. I was straight up with my post on Mac. I gave an honest football analysis of what I thought were his reasons for not throwing deep. You went off the deep end and accused me of taking a shot at Bill. Then you say I parroted Lazar. So does that mean Lazar was taking a shot at Bill?
You seem to be trying really hard to cause a stir. That is out of character for you IMO.
I made two points:

1- You were parroting the Lazar article we all read. Maybe you weren't, but the timing, thoughts and wording indicate otherwise.

2- You were taking pot shots at BB. When not a "Brady" post this is a shit-ton of your other posts. Sometimes directly and others times from the side.

The former was obvious and the latter is monotonous.

Sorry. IIWII. Took a long time to get here.

I made two points:

1- You were parroting the Lazar article we all read. Maybe you weren't, but the timing, thoughts and wording indicate otherwise.

2- You were taking pot shots at BB. When not a "Brady" post this is a shit-ton of your other posts. Sometimes directly and others times from the side.

The former was obvious and the latter is monotonous.

Sorry. IIWII. Took a long time to get here.
I assure you I was doing neither. I didn't read the Lazar article and I was not taking shots at Bill. If anything he's done a great job managing Jones unlike the other coaches with rookie QBs. I said I believe the deep throws will come in time too.

But if you feel this way, that all my posts are lined with a Bill agenda then probably time to put me on ignore. The discussion was good on this topic and thoughtful until you interjected. No one else read into my post to the level you did so again might be time for ignore. I have zero issues with you as a poster but it is obvious you do with me. It happens. That's why there is the ignore feature.

I think we will find out about this more when we are trailing by more than one possession in a game. Or if we need a late score to win or tie. Right now Mac can be safe as in all of our games we were never down more than one possession and never trailed vs the Jets.
I hope they don't push him beyond what they are doing to adjust him to he NFL (vice NCAA) game. Let him work his way in and build up his game based on what he can handle, not push him to be more aggressive as the Jets did Wilson. Brady's third game (his second start) he went 12 for 24 for 86 yards in a loss to Miami. 86 yards on 12 completions isn't exactly airing it out. Like it or not, Belichick thought more of Tom's development than winning that game. I hope he hasn't changed his philosophy. When Mac is ready, BB will let him go.

He let Brady loose in games 5 and 7, when he through 54 times in a win, and 38 times for a loss, respectively. In game 7 Brady also threw 4 picks, and BB immediately dialed his pitch count back. In the 9 remaining regular season games of 2001, he averaged only 27 passes per game for an average of 197 yards per game. I hope Belichick is half as good bring Mac Jones along his rookie year than he was to Brady his first year playing. When you think that Brady had a year in the system before playing and was still brought along slowly, what BB is allowing Mac to do is all the more amazing.

Look it up if you don't believe me:

I hope they don't push him beyond what they are doing to adjust him to he NFL (vice NCAA) game. Let him work his way in and build up his game based on what he can handle, not push him to be more aggressive as the Jets did Wilson. Brady's third game (his second start) he went 12 for 24 for 86 yards in a loss to Miami. 86 yards on 12 completions isn't exactly airing it out. Like it or not, Belichick thought more of Tom's development than winning that game. I hope he hasn't changed his philosophy. When Mac is ready, BB will let him go.

He let Brady loose in games 5 and 7, when he through 54 times in a win, and 38 times for a loss, respectively. In game 7 Brady also threw 4 picks, and BB immediately dialed his pitch count back. In the 9 remaining regular season games of 2001, he averaged only 27 passes per game for an average of 197 yards per game. I hope Belichick is half as good bring Mac Jones along his rookie year than he was to Brady his first year playing. When you think that Brady had a year in the system before playing and was still brought along slowly, what BB is allowing Mac to do is all the more amazing.

Look it up if you don't believe me:

So many don't appreciate, have forgotten or willfully ignore the early nurturing provided by BB and all the baby steps Brady needed to begin his career. There were many poor games.
People also forget all the flack BB took as a new HC for sticking with Brady when Bledsoe was right there. I can't imagine the uproar if social media were what it is today.
Brady's training took years before he became TFB and he can thank Belichick for providing that training.

Just like we did during Brady’s infancy.....it a good thing.

~Dee~

So many don't appreciate, have forgotten or willfully ignore the early nurturing provided by BB and all the baby steps Brady needed to begin his career. There were many poor games.
People also forget all the flack BB took as a new HC for sticking with Brady when Bledsoe was right there. I can't imagine the uproar if social media were what it is today.
Brady's training took years before he became TFB and he can thank Belichick for providing that training.
We've come full circle......

~Dee~

I assure you I was doing neither. I didn't read the Lazar article and I was not taking shots at Bill. If anything he's done a great job managing Jones unlike the other coaches with rookie QBs. I said I believe the deep throws will come in time too.

But if you feel this way, that all my posts are lined with a Bill agenda then probably time to put me on ignore. The discussion was good on this topic and thoughtful until you interjected. No one else read into my post to the level you did so again might be time for ignore. I have zero issues with you as a poster but it is obvious you do with me. It happens. That's why there is the ignore feature.
If you are simply unable to curb your trolling it may be necessary to take the step previously reserved only for Midgar/Insp50.

That will entirely up to you and your ability to see the reality of YOU on here and nothing else.

If you choose to enter his space then fine. Let’s see how you do.

100%

Brady himself seems to have forgotten.

100%

Brady himself seems to have forgotten.

Clearly from what his dad is mouthing off about. I would wager if his dad is saying this, his son thinks exactly the same. It's very disappointing if true.

E_4jcslVgAAYTK5

Just, wtf

I know, I really don't like the way this is all going. It's unnecessary and petty. There's nothing to be gained by it except a childish venting the spleen. And of course, the question is, vindicated from what? The Patriots made a decision not to make the offer Tom wanted, they had to rebuild, the world and his wife knew that and Tom would have had zero success with the Patriots last year with the paltry weapons on offense and an unexpected poor defense that couldn't get the job done either. So what vindication? It would be vindication only if the Patriots had stated they had no faith in Tom, felt he couldn't play anymore and wanted him gone. That was not the case. They both parted, supposedly on good terms, it certainly seemed that way at the time. Only now, a tangible bitterness has built up on the Brady side.

I know, I really don't like the way this is all going. It's unnecessary and petty. There's nothing to be gained by it except a childish venting the spleen. And of course, the question is, vindicated from what? The Patriots made a decision not to make the offer Tom wanted, they had to rebuild, the world and his wife knew that and Tom would have had zero success with the Patriots last year with the paltry weapons on offense and an unexpected poor defense that couldn't get the job done either. So what vindication? It would be vindication only if the Patriots had stated they had no faith in Tom, felt he couldn't play anymore and wanted him gone. That was not the case. They both parted, supposedly on good terms, it certainly seemed that way at the time. Only now, a tangible bitterness has built up on the Brady side.
So disappointing.

Though I'm not certain what any of this has to do with Mac Jones, here's an article I found on that with quotes:

"Tommy is extraordinarily appreciative of everything that happened during his New England career, and he's more than happy that he's moved on because it was pretty obvious that the Patriot regime felt that it was time for him to move on,"
"And frankly, it may well have been perfect for (Bill) Belichick to move on from him. On the other hand, I think the Tampa Bay Bucs are pretty happy that the decision was made in Foxboro that they didn't want to afford him or didn't want to keep him when his last contract came up."
"Damn right," he told Curran. "Damn right. Belichick wanted him out the door and last year he threw 56 touchdowns. I think that's a pretty good year."
"Very nostalgic," he said. "That was our home for 20 years. The fans embraced Tommy, the city embraced Tommy and the team embraced Tommy for a while. And so, when he comes home it's gonna be a real treat that he spent 20 years making his mark in Boston. We owe a lot to the Patriots and a lot to Boston.
"Like every phase in life, things move on. Our kids get older, our kids move on. They move out of the house, they go elsewhere. And that's kind of what it's like for Tommy right now where he's moved elsewhere and wherever he is, we support our kids, and Tommy's no different than the rest of us."

I expect the 'vindication' is both from the standpoint of those who felt he was done and could not play anymore, as well as those who felt he was a system QB who could not get it done outside of the confines of New England. Probably exacerbated by the number of teams who passed on him despite being freely available, choosing to stick with their starting QB. Regardless, I don't see how any of this is a "slam" on Bill Belichick or a venting of the spleen or anything like that, but to each their own.

Back