Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Again, Mac Jones Is Our QB1

It really isn't a concept that is hard.
When it comes to Patriots rookie quarterback Mac Jones, some have referred to him as a "dink-and-dunk" quarterback and someone who doesn't really throw the ball down the field much.Appearing on Merloni & Fauria Monday, Jones said he thinks it's a good thing.

“No, I think it’s great," he said. "Just move the ball as best you can and some of the best quarterbacks do that really well. As long as you’re taking a profit, you can’t go broke, so just continue to do that, whatever the play call is. The line has been giving me plenty of time, so I don’t really pay attention to any of that stuff and people have said that about me for a long time. I am just going to continue to do what I do and continue to be a good teammate and continue to get the ball to our skill players.”

He certianly is!!!

~Dee~

It really wasn't your point Mazz!
LOL. It really was. As I read through this thread, I see the exact same angst against the national perception of Jones as he is getting the same treatment as Brady did early on. It is what it is. I am not sure it is really a revelation as any QB coached by BB is going to have that moniker on his back. It is up to Jones to shed it the way Brady did.

LOL. It really was. As I read through this thread, I see the exact same angst against the national perception of Jones as he is getting the same treatment as Brady did early on. It is what it is. I am not sure it is really a revelation as any QB coached by BB is going to have that moniker on his back. It is up to Jones to shed it the way Brady did.
Umm, some of us notice your real premise which is to pretend BB or McDaniels (Or Weis with Brady) have/had no influence on the development of the player. Again, trolls are trolls. They've been moving goalposts to disparage the Pats greatness for 15 years. Get over it already. These other NFL fans are so jealous of this, it trickles down from the owners as well. They're insanely jealous of Kraft/BB and Brady.

I've lived out of market for 20 years, so as this thing unfolded, I've lived in the Midwest and SE, so I've been surrounded by these kinds of fans and their patheticness to the point I never really talked much football with people unless they were cool. They're sick in the head. I've won bets with friends over their stupid comments too. Taken their money after the've run their mouth. I am sure others have similar stories.

The point is, the jealousy has been through the roof, repleted with framejobs by Goodell and owners jealous of Kraft hiring BB and BB drafting and developing Brady. There's a reason why Mac has ascended fast like Brady.

Every team has a system. Joe Montana played in Walsh's version of Coryell's West Coast offense. That's a "system". Does this mean Montana came in in 1979 from Notre Dame telling Bill Walsh about the sport?

No.

Last edited:
I don't really care if he "sheds" it or not. As long as he keeps improving and the team has confidence in him and that results in wins.
Sound as if the only thing that you care about is if he is perceived as not being what BB "wants".

I don't really care if he "sheds" it or not. As long as he keeps improving and the team has confidence in him and that results in wins.
Sound as if the only thing that you care about is if he is perceived as not being what BB "wants".
I believe Jones has the goods and should keep improving. We get the benefit of watching him every week. The pundits are working off of preconceived notions. Like I said, the narrative will be there because of BB and the system. Not unlike the early 00s.

Me as well, he doesn't seem to mind so big deal....Not sure why it would be considered a dig.

~Dee~

Media commentary means less than nothing to me.

Mac Jones is our QB1 and I couldn't be happier about that. Fuck the media.
That's not true UT. You wouldn't have this board if that was true. Most of the discussion up here is focused on what the media says about the team - positive or negative. Literally most of this thread are posts from the media.

That's not true UT. You wouldn't have this board if that was true. Most of the discussion up here is focused on what the media says about the team - positive or negative. Literally most of this thread are posts from the media.
It is true.

I don't care. I watch the team. I don't read the globe or the herald, if they still exist. I certainly don't listen to Felger whose sole purpose is to get people angry so they listen and improve ratings, and I don't watch any of those silly Disney Sports shows nor care what Max, Shannon, etc have to say. It's all meaningless.

Many of the media posts here, and almost all of the ones I post, are based in facts. Stats and the like. Not opinion.

Everyone in the media has their opinions and they all stink and none of them are more valid than my own.

Media commentary means less than nothing to me.

Mac Jones is our QB1 and I couldn't be happier about that. Fuck the media.
Totally agree, but some are very easily led by the media. They could tell these people the sky is brown and some people would believe it because it shows up in print on their computer screen.

This is not true at all.

Boston/NE fans are the most educated sports fans I've come across. The Midwest has good fanbases, NY and Philly certainly are up there with us, but I am telling you right now, our fanbases are not only loyal, but really educated compared to the rest of the country. A lot of it has to do with how old our franchises are. First dynasty in MLB with the Sox, the Bruins are the first American hockey franchise and had some early success in the late 20s and late 30s, the Celts started in 1946 and started winning almost immediately. With the NF, the Redskins were here from 1933-1937, but everyone was busy following the Sox and Bruins during the Great Depression, so the Pats' interest and passion obviously came later.

But, I don't dork Felger and Mazz or dorky Gasper, Breer, Ronald McDonald Shaughnessy or other bozo the clown mediaheads telling me about the sports I already know a lot about, after actually, you know, playing them at a high level through high school.

Some even played in college at a high level. I graduated from high school with guys who got drafted into the NHL, for example. I am sure a lot people here have experiences like this.

I also don't need the Felger and Mazz types talking down to me when they know less than I do. According to them, there is no salary cap, BB sucks and is the devil, so we all should just accept their word as gospel, when really they just want their butt kissed by a highly successful coach.

The source is important. You posting bad sources, means you have bad information and you can't use critical thinking skills to formulate your own opinions.

Per usual, you misunderstood my implication. I am precisely stating that people on this board will have issue with the narrative that Mac is a product of the NE system, just as this board did when we had Brady and the same was said about him. Point being, the national narrative for Mac being a system guy will be there as long as BB is our coach. Now please relax.

Hardly.

You fancy yourself as sly and smart. Maybe to some you are, but not here. We are Patriot fans and as such have been subjected to your kind for 2 decades now.

Your schtick is just old and boring.

Have a nice day.

Back