Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I tend toward being reserved about early success, but this guy is just really impressive to me and not just on the field. At least for now, he's doing and saying all the right things. I think some underestimate the sophistication of Miami's defensive schemes. They're designed to really confuse QBs, even veterans. I think the way Jones reacted to and handled that situation last Sunday was pretty remarkable.

I don't doubt he'll have some rough games and make rookie mistakes.
It's his processes that impress me and his processes will lead to eventual success.

I don't doubt he'll have some rough games and make rookie mistakes.
It's his processes that impress me and his processes will lead to eventual success.
Yes, absolutely he's going to have some bumpy games/moments. When those inevitably occur, I think we all know that the reaction from some, including some of the local media, will be that this promising start was "fool's gold" and that we all overrated him, he sucks, blah, blah, blah...

SWAG

Silly wild ass guess

Common term at work.... "I'll take a SWAG at it."

When I was a dumbass youngin' sitting in the county jail I used to get letters from girls smelling like perfume with a lipsticked kiss on the back of the envelope with the letters SWAK. I had no idea what it meant til a few years ago. LOL

Sealed With A Kiss.

Aww. I like that one very much. ❤️

When I was a dumbass youngin' sitting in the county jail I used to get letters from girls smelling like perfume with a lipsticked kiss on the back of the envelope with the letters SWAK. I had no idea what it meant til a few years ago. LOL

Sealed With A Kiss.

I woulda used my WAG to figure it out.

Cheers

SWAG

Silly wild ass guess

Common term at work.... "I'll take a SWAG at it."
So, I'd always heard this as Scientific Wild Ass Guess. That is, you've got some basic knowledge and it's based on something concrete, but there are way too many variables to not still call it a Wild Ass Guess.

So, I'd always heard this as Scientific Wild Ass Guess. That is, you've got some basic knowledge and it's based on something concrete, but there are way too many variables to not still call it a Wild Ass Guess.
Funny how common themes vary a bit depending on where you lived or when you lived there. Endless and interesting variations on tons of similar themes.

Sealed With A Kiss.

I was in the same Basic Training platoon as Tony C. of the Red Sox.
Every day he use to get a large mail bag, 99% from girls all over NE. And a lot of them had SWAK on the outside of the envelope. He would keep his personal mail and pass out the rest to us. Had fun reading them, even hooked up with one on a 3 day pass.

Every day he use to get a large mail bag, 99% from girls all over NE. And a lot of them had SWAK on the outside of the envelope. He would keep his personal mail and pass out the rest to us. Had fun reading them, even hooked up with one on a 3 day pass.

Wow, that is an awesome story, man.

Wow, that is an awesome story, man.
He was National Guard while the rest of us, with a couple of exceptions, were regular Army or draftees.

Tony was a good guy, a little arrogant at times, fun, and funny. Toward the end of basic, there was a couple of inches of snow. We had a snowball fight and no one wanted to get hit by one of Tony's snowballs. He could zip it.
Hated to see what happened to him.

That is a great story.

To a kid from Boston Tony Conigliaro was the ultimate local hero. Hit a homer in his first at-bat for his hometown team. Youngest player (at that time) to hit 100 homers. Movie star looks and a rock star voice. When I was about 8 hanging out at the beach snack bar I'd go over to the juke box and cue up "Playing the Field" after a local girl tried to con me into playing Herman's Hermits instead which didn't work on me. Mrs. Brown and her lovely daughter. As if. She was too young to get how cool he was. A Red Sox star with a hit record. He was our Elvis.

He was one of my 3 idols along with John Lennon and Alan Shephard and if I could have picked just one to be like it would have probably been Tony. I tried to copy his swing with a menacing tilt forward at the top. It's a pity what happened to him. He would have been an all-time great.

Ahhh, the memories.

View: https://youtu.be/p5whptzs1g8

Back