Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Went to check out Gang Green after the game today. They all think Mac sucks...😂😂😂😂😂
It's also hilarious that they claim our team sucks and we went toe to toe with 2 of the best NFC teams. If our team actually sucked that wouldn't be the case. They're the dumbest fanbase in the NFL. It's not close.

A good comment from Joe Burrow yesterday after beating the Ravens and how the SEC is good preparation for going to rival stadiums in the NFL and not being put off.

“We knew that they were gonna be jacked up for us to come in, and expecting to beat our ass. But we were ready for it. Playing in the SEC definitely, definitely helped. Gets way louder in the SEC than in any of these NFL stadiums.”

No doubt Mac feels the same way, there will be no worries about him on the road. The SEC is good at giving these NFL calibre QBs who can start playing very quickly in the pros.

By the way, was anyone else pleasantly surprised at Mac's wheels when he took off and ran for the 1st down?

By the way, was anyone else pleasantly surprised at Mac's wheels when he took off and ran for the 1st down?
Pleasant, but not surprised. His combine #s were solid, and he showed this a couple times in the preseason. He can run well enough to take advantage of the defense leaving huge gaps.

I've often wondered about designing a QB delay draw where you flood one side of the field, climb the pocket, pump to hold defenders, and slip out to the empty side of the field...

Yeah, he's good enough. And, that's what I am looking for. Aaron Rodgers is the best I've seen at not really running much at all, which makes those one-off 3rd and 7 type scurries so effective.

You'd have to set the way back machine a long way to find a Pats QB who didn't fit the description "lumbering" outside of the pocket.
Yet life as we know it began with Bledsoe lumbering in Mo Lewis' general direction.

Cheers

4.75 40. Same as Trevor Lawrence. That's downright fleet for a QB. Only Justin Fields was faster of the 1st round picks.

(Brady ran 5.28)

Last edited:
FCjhZUGWUAI84Hm

Back