Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I think Bedard was better when he worked for the Globe. Now that he's on his own, he needs clicks to generate income.
I subscribed his 1st year but found him unbearable and didn't subscribe again.
There are certain media members who have perceived, perhaps correctly, that Belichick has abused them publicly for their stupidly at his press conferences. Bedard, Albert Breer andTrollin' Volin are among that group. They all try to walk a fine line by offering him occasional faint praise so that their hurt feelings aren't prominently exposed, but then just as often they're snarky and sarcastic in a thinly-veiled way about Bill's "supposed greatness.", as they perceive it. They think their disingenuousness is invisible, but it's anything but. Bottom line: they have an axe to grind which makes impartiality from them impossible.

Mac Jones is our QB1 and not everyone is happy about it.

Fun Column from SFGate.

Cheers, BostonTim
That was a great read.

He's writing what the media and fans in the other 31 NFL markets are feeling, but with humor. Or maybe he is serious which would make that column even funnier.

That was a great read.

He's writing what the media and fans in the other 31 NFL markets are feeling, but with humor. Or maybe he is serious which would make that column even funnier.
He wants the apocolypse to happen instantly so Bill can't game plan.

Cheers

Still plenty of fuel in the "low ceiling"/"product of the system"/"isn't asked to do much" conversation.
Sure, but that's for the hot-takers to worry about. It has no effect on the results on the field. I mean, they said that about Brady for the first 14-15 years of his career, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

I think Bedard was better when he worked for the Globe. Now that he's on his own, he needs clicks to generate income.
I subscribed his 1st year but found him unbearable and didn't subscribe again.
I would agree, although he was starting to do his annoying sneak-in comments before he went over to the journal place he's at now. He always had a pinch of Breer in him and that's ironically who he replaced. These places all have a formula for each guy/gal to use.

He knows the game, though.

Anyway, back to Mac Jones being the best rookie QB (so far) in NFL history.

I love it when people hate us. No one hates you when you suck.
It's more fun knowing they're all sweating in fear of them in the playoffs or when they have to come forward and compliment the team somehow. The amount of time they spend doing mental gymnastics trying to spin away from reality, is quite the spectacle.

Having Mac as the QB only makes the rebuild success worse for the haters.

since no Pats game today, I'm going "Mac in the day" with this article from when he was at bama.

awwwww...

To Holly Jones, he’s still the same sweet child who’d do the little things nobody sees.

She remembers a busy afternoon in the five-person Jones household when everyone was too busy to accompany her to an appointment.

“I’ll go with you,” a young Mac said.

“And so he’d sit next to me and they put them in a chair in the pedicure place,” Holly said. “He wouldn’t get a pedicure. He’d just sit there and watch football on his phone. But he would have done something like that for me because he knew I wanted somebody to go with me.”

Back