Mail In Voting

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Hanlon's Razor? :shrug:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

Well invoked. But I've always thought this about that: even if stupidity might explain it, I won't ever automatically rule out malice. There is far to much malice out there and that seems especially so, to me, when looking across the aisle. :coffee

Cheers

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
Well invoked. But I've always thought this about that: even if stupidity might explain it, I won't ever automatically rule out malice. There is far to much malice out there and that seems especially so, to me, when looking across the aisle. :coffee

Cheers

Yeah, but he was talking about the DMV, and their workers.

I'm thinking lazy or stupid is a pretty good bet.

Coltsfan2theend

Semi Pro Sharp Shooter in Training
Reaction score
I seen this floating around facebook.

If you trust mail in voting, get $500 dollars and mail it to yourself. If you can do this, mail your ballot. If you can't, what is your ballot worth to you?

shecolt

Reaction score
I seen this floating around facebook.

If you trust mail in voting, get $500 dollars and mail it to yourself. If you can do this, mail your ballot. If you can't, what is your ballot worth to you?

I've seen the same, but was thinking that it's actually more like mailing $500 to yourself while also marking the outside of the envelope to say that the contents include cash because I don't know that you can return a ballot in a plain envelope.

shecolt

Reaction score
Absentee ballots missing initials will be rejected

ALEN COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) – Election officials are working to fix an issue in a number of the absentee ballots that have been sent to residents.

Allen County election officials say they’ve identified four voters who received ballots with missing initials from local political parties. Ballots missing the initials are rejected when counting begins on election night.

The election board says if you receive a ballot without both sets of initials, you should contact them to get a replacement.

They believe the incidents are isolated.

https://www.wane.com/news/your-local-election-hq/absentee-ballots-missing-initials-will-be-rejected/

I'm sure that all of you have read the stories of discarded ballots that have been found, but I wanted to bring you this little story from my county as an example of something else that can lead to a ballot being rejected.

I've never seen an absentee ballot. So, I wouldn't have even known to look for any initials. But, my husband applied for one this year and I will be sure to check his ballot to be sure that it is accurate.

Also, I'm going to assume that this "initial requirement" doesn't just pertain to my county; but also to those living anywhere else. So, i wanted to share this story to alert others to be on the lookout for missing initials.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
What more proof is needed?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/27/breaking-project-veritas-ballot-harvesting-minnesota/

Project Veritas Exposes Ilhan Omar Allies in Alleged Ballot Harvesting Operation in Minnesota

Allum Bokhari27 Sep 2020
MINNEAPOLIS, MN - AUGUST 11: Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) speaks with media gathered outside Mercado Central on August 11, 2020 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Omar is hoping to retain her seat as the representative for Minnesota's 5th Congressional District in today's primary election. (Photo by Stephen Maturen/Getty Images)
Stephen Maturen/Getty Images
4:20

Project Veritas has released the results of an investigation into alleged ballot harvesting by supporters of Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar in Minnesota, a key swing state in the 2020 presidential election.

Video footage captured by Project Veritas shows an operative, Liban Mohamed, bragging about collecting hundreds of ballots.

“Numbers do not lie. Numbers do not lie. … You can see my car is full. All these here are absentee ballots. Can’t you see? Look at all these; my car is full,” Mohamed can be heard saying in the video.

The video also includes testimony from a whistleblower, Omar Jamal, who called Rep. Omar’s alleged ballot harvesting an “open secret” and also discussed an alleged cash-for-votes scheme organized by staffers of Rep. Omar.

“She [Ilhan Omar] will do anything that she can do to get elected and she [Ilhan Omar] has hundreds of people on the streets doing that,” said Jamal.

James O’Keefe, the founder and CEO of Project Veritas, said, “Ballot harvesting is real, and it has become a big business. Our investigation into this ballot harvesting ring demonstrates clearly how these unscrupulous operators exploit the elderly and immigrant communities — and have turned the sacred ballot box into a commodities trading desk.”

O’Keefe said, “We are showing Americans what is really going on in one of our great cities — but, it is not me saying — we have the operatives on tape saying it all themselves.”

Project Veritas said its investigation found three locations inside Ward 6, a ballot harvesting triangle, where the scheme operates: The Riverside Plaza apartments, the senior citizen community at Horn Towers, and the Minneapolis Elections and Voter Services office at 980 E. Hennepin Ave., which also functions as a voting location and ballot drop-off site.

Jared Edge, the chief legal officer for Project Veritas, said that Mohamed and other ballot harvesters could face heavy penalties for their alleged violations of the law.

“The federal laws, 18 USC §597 and 52 USC §10307(c), are quite clear,” he said. “In the case of 18 USC §597, it is punishable by up to two years in prison and in the case of 52 USC §10307 it’s punishable by up to $10,000 in fines and up to five years in prison.”

The Minnesota statute 211B.13(1) prohibits paying a person or receiving money to register to vote or to vote, he said. “This is a state felony punishable by more than one-year imprisonment.”

Beyond paying voters, there are also state and federal laws regarding intimidation of voters, he said.

“The federal laws 52 USC §20511, 18 USC §594, and 52 USC §10307(b) and the Minnesota statue 211B.07 prohibit anyone from using undue influence, threats, intimidation, or fraud to influence a person’s vote or to influence them to vote at all,” he said.

“It is also a violation of federal law for anyone who votes for others illegally,” he said.

“The punishment under 52 USC §10307(e) also goes up to five years’ incarceration and a $10,000 fine,” he said.

“In addition to those statutes, Minnesota has another statute, 211B.11(3), which makes it a misdemeanor to induce or persuade a voter to vote for or against a candidate while transporting the voter to the polls,” he said.

Allum Bokhari is the senior technology correspondent at Breitbart News. His investigation into Big Tech, #DELETED: Big Tech’s Battle to Erase the Trump Movement and Steal The Election, is currently available for purchase. The book contains exclusive interviews with sources inside Google, Facebook, and other tech companies, who explain Silicon Valley’s efforts to sway the election from behind the scenes.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
I was getting texts & phone call from Republican party in Florida. I told them right party wrong state. Some how my name was on their list . I never registered or lived in Florida ROFL

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
I was getting texts & phone call from Republican party in Florida. I told them right party wrong state. Some how my name was on their list . I never registered or lived in Florida ROFL

One disadvantage of being legendary.

Cheers

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
https://justthenews.com/politics-po...ot-addressed-his-mother-who-died-11-years-ago

New Jersey man receives ballot addressed to his mother who died 11 years ago

Deceased voters and individuals who no longer live in the state of New Jersey are receiving ballots in the mail for the general election, Just the News has learned.

New Jersey is one of the states that announced it would send a ballot to every registered voter for the Nov. 3 election. The District of Columbia, Nevada and California are doing the same.

Gary Scott told Just the News that he received a ballot in the mail addressed to his mother who died in 2009.

“She’s been dead for 11 years,” he said. “This is the correct address. What’s going on here? I’m waiting to get one for my Dad because he died in 2018 but death certificates were supplied. Everything was supplied, and then you get this.”

Scott’s situation is not just an isolated case. A local media outlet in New Jersey reported that voters throughout various counties in the state are receiving ballots addressed to their deceased relatives.

Twitter user Justine wrote that she received a ballot in New Jersey addressed to her grandfather who died 12 years ago.

NJ.com has reported that many voters are receiving ballots addressed to people who no longer live at their address. These logistical issues are reportedly being caused by counties relying on voter rolls with outdated information to automatically send out ballots instead of waiting for formal requests.

A voter who moved to Florida in 2012 told Just the News that he reported his change of address to the DMV in New Jersey when he moved, but he is still registered on the state’s board of elections website. He also said he hasn’t voted in the state since he moved. His family received his ballot in the mail at their address Monday.

When asked if Gov. Phil Murphy stands by his decision to automatically mail out ballots given that they are being received by incorrect recipients, his office did not provide a response and referred Just the News to the Department of State.

A spokesperson for the New Jersey Department of State told Just the News that residents should report address changes and the death of relatives to the Division of Elections.

“If you have a family member who has passed away and you’re still receiving election mail for them, obtain a copy of their death certificate and provide it to the board of elections and they will have that person removed,” she said.

The spokesperson said people are removed from the rolls if election mail that's sent to the voter is returned to the sender. She was asked if automatically sending out ballots instead of ballot applications has opened up the state to fraudulent activity.

“If they’re not removed from the rolls in a regular election, New Jersey has no voter ID requirement, somebody could just show up and vote for — the fact of the matter is most people don’t take the initiative to vote on behalf of other people. It’s hard enough to get voters to vote and cast a ballot on their own behalf,” she said. “No election is perfect. What we’re focused on is empowering voters that they are empowered to do the right thing as well.”

The spokesperson also said someone who moves out of the state should notify the N.J. Division of Elections in addition to the DMV.

“It is illegal to cast a ballot not addressed to you. If you receive a ballot that’s not for you and not for anybody in the house, report it to your county clerk,” she said.

The District of Columbia is also automatically mailing out ballots to voters without the individual voter formally requesting a ballot first.

Dylan Johnson, a Just the News employee who rents an apartment in D.C. but isn’t registered to vote in the district, received two ballots in the mail addressed to former tenets who lived at the same address.

“Obviously I didn’t open the envelopes,” he said. “I thought, how many other folks is this going out to?”

Mike Davis wrote on Twitter about a ballot he received for someone who used to live at his address in D.C. He said the individual died 7 years ago.

Sen. Kevin Cramer’s deputy press secretary reported a similar situation in D.C. on Twitter.

“Today me and my roommates received two official ballots for people who don’t live here,” she wrote. “What could go wrong!!?!”

The D.C. Board of Elections is encouraging people to return ballots that are sent to the wrong addresses or deceased voters.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Just as I said I wasn't going to do. I voted early at board of elections. I never had any intentions to vote by Mail.

Last edited:

johnlocke

Reaction score
A friend just sent me this:

The Michelle Obama vote by mail organization contacted my girlfriend thinking she was her mother (who had died several years ago). They asked her if they wanted them to send her their mail in ballot. She responded her mother was dead and not even a citizen just a resident. The response is SHOCKING. The Michelle Obama vote by mail organization then asked her, “well would you like us to send you her ballot instead”? WHAT?!?!?!? vote by mail is riddled with fraud. And this anecdote hits home. Anyone who experiences this needs to contact their department of justice or department of voter integrity in their state and report it. These leftists will do anything to destroy this republic.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
Just as I said I wasn't going to do. I voted early at board of elections. I never had any intentions to vote by Mail.

I was out running errands which took me by one of the handful of early voting centers in my county and saw the line only had about 20 folks outside the doors. The line snaked down the street and around the building last week. So I stopped and cast my ballot. About 30 minutes wait or so. I normally just stand in line on election day and do my duty, but this year was different with Covid restrictions so I took advantage of the early voting we have had for years. Feels good to have it done.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
I was out running errands which took me by one of the handful of early voting centers in my county and saw the line only had about 20 folks outside the doors. The line snaked down the street and around the building last week. So I stopped and cast my ballot. About 30 minutes wait or so. I normally just stand in line on election day and do my duty, but this year was different with Covid restrictions so I took advantage of the early voting we have had for years. Feels good to have it done.
Congrats

johnlocke

Reaction score
I voted for Biden. One of my intellectual colleagues that shares my philosophy advocated it. Asshole. Bawhahahahaha!

johnlocke

Reaction score
Care to share what drove your decision?

It was a joke the expense of at the expense of the president of the Ayn Rand Institute. :) I have often disagreed with him. Cool thing is Ayn straight taught people how to think for themselves and make their own decisions but but this guy is running around pushing Biden cuz he's not Trump.

He can suck it, Trumps getting my vote hands down. I don't love everything his policies but I love enough. MAGA.