Maine may legalize Viking-style funerals

Shit, should this be in the politics and religion forum? It's technically both, but... 😂

I live in Maine and I'm registered at the Veterans cemetery. Now I have to check with them to see if they allow services involving boats and people shooting fire arrows at it.

It's a step in the right direction, but I'm going to hold off until they legalize the Blood Eagle to finish me off. See if I can impress my brothers one last time before Valhalla.

I also predict that somebody will put a stop to this. Environmental concerns will be cited, but the bottom line is that, even in Maine, this will freak too many people out. Despite the fact that people should respect the wishes of the deceased to go out on their own terms, folks will consider it barbarian. Not me, but folks. I LOVE the idea of my people shooting flaming arrows at a boat. Or trying to.

I myself plan paying for a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru for the ritual procession, because everybody is dying for a coffee and is stuck in line. My wife hates the idea, so the Blood Eagle might be a tough sell.

I live in Maine and I'm registered at the Veterans cemetery. Now I have to check with them to see if they allow services involving boats and people shooting fire arrows at it.
don't concern yourself ovah this pal, you'll have more a chance to be launched in that legendary backyard Shed of yours & have Susan Collins toss a few "Willie Petes" ( a M34 White Phosphorus Incendiary Smoke Grenade ) at your burial vessel to light you up

but she'll probably defer to the wishes of her majority constiuency of transplanted MassHoles you got up there to cancel out your desired fireworks so they can save the Ocean/Planet/Right Whales/Trans-Lobster Community

ME?? living here on Olde Cape Cod, I plan to have my cremated ashes flung into the winds on a Summer Day on an Outer Cape beach so it flies into the eyes, nose & throat of all the NY, NJ, CT dillweeds there in protest of having had to brave their fahkin napalm vile-smelling sunscreen sprays for the last 8 years down here

It's a step in the right direction, but I'm going to hold off until they legalize the Blood Eagle to finish me off. See if I can impress my brothers one last time before Valhalla.

I also predict that somebody will put a stop to this. Environmental concerns will be cited, but the bottom line is that, even in Maine, this will freak too many people out. Despite the fact that people should respect the wishes of the deceased to go out on their own terms, folks will consider it barbarian. Not me, but folks. I LOVE the idea of my people shooting flaming arrows at a boat. Or trying to.

I myself plan paying for a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru for the ritual procession, because everybody is dying for a coffee and is stuck in line. My wife hates the idea, so the Blood Eagle might be a tough sell.
It always amazes me that at DD there are very long lines at the drive thru and no one inside ordering. I just park and go in and see the same people 5 or 6 cars from ordering when I go out with my stuff.

It always amazes me that at DD there are very long lines at the drive thru and no one inside ordering. I just park and go in and see the same people 5 or 6 cars from ordering when I go out with my stuff.
Exactly! I do the same thing.

Back