Make your prediction! Mac Jones will be named the starter....

What game will Mac Jones be named the starter?

• Game 1

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Game 2

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Game 3

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Game 4

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Game 5

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Game 6

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Game 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game 9 or later.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Not this year.

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will go with week 9 against the Browns because, why not?

I do believe Hawg is right though. The game & build up will be reminiscent of Manning – Luck several years ago when the quiet no-frills kid took on & beat the NFL’s & media darling. Denver obviously had the stronger roster like the Bucs do, at least on paper, but it didn’t matter. Nor will it matter to Jones. When all is said & done people will be saying, Tom who?

First game...because Big Mac is just better than sCam. It'll most likely be something like Herbert of last year. sCam will get the start, he'll get injured (count on it), then Big Mac will do his thing.

I will go with week 9 against the Browns because, why not?

I do believe Hawg is right though. The game & build up will be reminiscent of Manning – Luck several years ago when the quiet no-frills kid took on & beat the NFL’s & media darling. Denver obviously had the stronger roster like the Bucs do, at least on paper, but it didn’t matter. Nor will it matter to Jones. When all is said & done people will be saying, Tom who?
i wish we were able to do that here! 😄

I believe Mac takes over and start against the Saints. After seeing Cam fall apart against the Bills and Jets BB will say enough.

Cam won day 3 by a wide margin.
Lots of football to practice before game 1.
I doubt BB knows anything yet so there's no way I know anything.
I hope both QBs perform better than any of us imagined.

Cam won day 3 by a wide margin.
Lots of football to practice before game 1.
I doubt BB knows anything yet so there's no way I know anything.
I hope both QBs perform better than any of us imagined.

Reading this, I got curious about what the last time Newton actually had to compete with somebody to be a starting QB.

The answer, in effect, might be that he hasn't.

In 2007, he was a Freshman for the Florida Gators and served as the back-up to Tim Tebow, so I don't know if that would count, but
it seems that we have no real history of how Cam responds to a challenge for his job.

Clearly, this is a unique situation for him to be in and I believe it's all going to come down to his decision making.

This has always been, in my opinion, his Achilles heel and, apparently, he is still prone to bonking out and firing a wild
pass nowhere near anybody and you wonder what was going on in his head. If he continues to do that through camp
and heading into the season, then I think Bill will be left with no choice but to sit him down.

For me, this is the single most-important thing to watch in the entire camp. If he misses guys, that's fine, but if he just has no clue and
fires it at ghosts and everybody watching goes "WTF was that?", then he's on the bench. The consensus was that he had a better day
yesterday, but there were a couple of those mixed in.

I think there’s a very good chance we see both of them in games. Maybe by game four we start seeing Mac manage a few drives especially in the middle of the field. By the end of the year we pretty much only see Cam in red zone packages.
When will Mac actually be number one on the depth chart? I don’t know. BB respects cam and will reward his great attitude last year with loyalty. Macs gonna have to be clearly better.

I Hope the answer is either Game 1 or not at all this year, and that whomever starts Game 1 plays very well the whole season through.

I Fear (and went with this for my vote) that it's game 6. Cam is named the starter, we start out shaky, in games his play is mediocre at best, Game 4 happens, and win lose or draw Brady outplays Cam, BB decides he's done with Cam as a result, but doesn't switch the QB the game immediately after so we see Mac named the starter for week 6. Would that be out of character for BB, and suboptimal pretty much across the board? Yep, but no one else had picked game 6 yet so if it plays out that way I want to have been the first to call it XD

I'm surprised no one has called Game 2 yet either, no one thinks it's possible Cam gets named starter, but goes out there and shits the bed week 1, and BB says nope, not dealing with that all season, time to move on?

BB hates turnovers & ints especially. We should be monitoring ints closer if we want to predict the starter more accurately.

No, it is probably because Brady is a God apparently.

Right, and the reason is that Bill is the GOAT and brought this weird outta shape kid with a fire in his belly along. I posit he would likely have never become TFB without Belichick and company. I have maintained that for years.

You are likely to take that as an insult to Tommy Boy but it most definitely is not. As the GOAT Bill demands everything you get you to earn in his system and to his credit Tom rocked it.

Doesn't change the fact that Tom was an end of the draft pick. Bill and company facilitated a great portion of his greatness most specifically the first 6 years but really the whole time as the organizational philosophy is second to none in NFL history. Care to argue that point?.

Right, and the reason is that Bill is the GOAT and brought this weird outta shape kid with a fire in his belly along. I posit he would likely have never become TFB without Belichick and company. I have maintained that for years.

You are likely to take that as an insult to Tommy Boy but it most definitely is not. As the GOAT Bill demands everything you get you to earn in his system and to his credit Tom rocked it.

Doesn't change the fact that Tom was an end of the draft pick. Bill and company facilitated a great portion of his greatness most specifically the first 6 years but really the whole time as the organizational philosophy is second to none in NFL history. Care to argue that point?.
every-patriots-fan-when-you-mention-tom-brady-12706557~2.png

Back