Malcolm Butler Signed, Returning to Patriots for 2 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
You weren't arguing that CB1s are valuable. You were arguing that "the game has changed" because "high flying offenses." To the extent that the game has changed, it's not because of high flying offenses.

Two main drivers of price, right? Supply and demand. You're arguing that demand for them is higher because of high flying offenses because the game has changed, but you're on the wrong side of the equation. Rule changes have made dominant CB1s a rarer commodity, you used to have the dominant physical corners (like Ty Law) and the dominant technical corners (Like Deion Sanders) in this group. Prices are high now because your physical corners as a class have been devalued, slicing the supply of available CB1s THAT makes the cost of those that remain go up.
Top corners have always cost money. That is never going to change. What you have now is a game driven by the QB and the passing game like never before. The speed, the athleticism, the schemes not to mention the rules ALL favor the passing game. That being said, I do agree with your overall premise of a mix of man and zone. In other words, you don't need 3 Ramseys on your team. But you do need guys that can cover well in today's league with the speed and rules.

It appears to me that Bill is going to build DBs through the draft. He did not want to pay for Gilly or Jackson so here we are devoid of any top corner on either side of the field and we have the Bills AND now Miami just in our own division. As I have been saying, this is the true reset/rebuild. I don't mind it as this was always going to need to happen post-Brady. The roster has been mismanaged for a long time so it is time to reset it from the draft as the foundation.

Top corners have always cost money. That is never going to change. What you have now is a game driven by the QB and the passing game like never before. The speed, the athleticism, the schemes not to mention the rules ALL favor the passing game. That being said, I do agree with your overall premise of a mix of man and zone. In other words, you don't need 3 Ramseys on your team. But you do need guys that can cover well in today's league with the speed and rules.

It appears to me that Bill is going to build DBs through the draft. He did not want to pay for Gilly or Jackson so here we are devoid of any top corner on either side of the field and we have the Bills AND now Miami just in our own division. As I have been saying, this is the true reset/rebuild. I don't mind it as this was always going to need to happen post-Brady. The roster has been mismanaged for a long time so it is time to reset it from the draft as the foundation.

Literally nothing here has been proven by you.
Just garbage spewed with zero evidence.

WRs are not more physically gifted than 10-20 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In a pass happy league, having elite man cover corners is as important as ever. And CB depth. A good QB in sync with his receivers can decimate a zone coverage defense (see TB12 versus Pittsburgh for 20 years).

It's an absolute shame the Pats couldn't keep JC Jackson for 16.5/year, and partly because of all the crappy expensive Ziegler signings that wrecked the cap (Godchaux, Agholor, Jonnu, Wynn)

In a pass happy league, having elite man cover corners is as important as ever. And CB depth. A good QB in sync with his receivers can decimate a zone coverage defense (see TB12 versus Pittsburgh for 20 years).

It's an absolute shame the Pats couldn't keep JC Jackson for 16.5/year, and partly because of all the crappy expensive Ziegler signings that wrecked the cap (Godchaux, Agholor, Jonnu, Wynn)

Easy to say with hindsight.

I also think that McDaniels horribly misused Jonnu. I guarantee he’ll have a season worth his salary next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dude was crying on the sideline during the National anthem.

There were some awful calls by the refs, but if he’d played that’s another super bowl win for NE. His absence forced the whole secondary, and chung in particular to step up in different roles.
If what he did was bad enough to get legitimately benched in the most important game of the year, one of the 5 most important games in the past 15 years, then why the heck is he being brought back?
And why even have him dressed for the game in the first place?
And why not get him in the game when Nick Fowls is in the process of hanging 35 or something close to that on your defense?

Hot take: What if it was a mistake to bench him in that Superbowl?

[takes 10 steps back to watch]

The actual Jackson signing was significantly more than 16.5/year, and 3 of those four signings paid disappointing returns in 2022. Godcheaux started slow, but wasn't terrible overall. While I'm down on Wynn, I don't think that was a terrible signing as a starting LT with a decent floor and some room to improve. I don't see Wynn as playing up to his number this year, though, and I'd love to move him.
Jonnu and Agholor, I have some hope that a full off-season and full health help them get it this year. I have more hope for Jonnu than for Agholor, but in both cases they need to repair trust with their QB.

This post was fine until the very end. You just can't seem to resist repeating yourself.

How dare you? Everybody knows Brady never made a mistake that could be blamed on one of the other 10 guys, the OC or Bill. It's heresy to not
praise Football Jesus.

For instance, this is how easy it is:

That sack was Shaq Mason's fault.

See?

Defending Brady from any and all criticism is the easiest job in the world. It takes zero intelligence or guts because there'll be shitloads of
people, just as delusional as you are, agreeing with you. All you have to is blame somebody else like you know what you're talking about.

While Mason got his ass kicked badly, a regular occurence in the post-season, it's a fact that Malcolm Jenkins could not have stopped that play from being a 1st down based on the pre-snap alignment and he was the only guy who was even in White's zip code. Brady had something else in mind, probably forcing it to his trusty sidekick The Fiesta Kid and by the time he saw White it was too late to do anything about it.

Amendola was just as open right in the middle and was maybe even an easier read, but the Dimple's Disciples were too busy genuflecting to notice that
their legendary dreamboat fucked up a play because he had his head up his ass when his team needed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back