Mallet is gone

Roberto71

Reaction score
To the Texans reports are saying.

Ian Rapoport saying this and seems to be confirmed.

Patriots immediately used the open spot on DT Kelcy Quarles, claimed off waivers from NYG.

Patriots immediately used the open spot on DT Kelcy Quarles, claimed off waivers from NYG.

Don't we have enough DT. Wilfork , Easley, Siliga , Jones, & Vellano. We do need another ILB. Jones , Nink & Buchanan have all played some OLB this PS

They don't. Popular perception seems to be that Vellano is so bad that he's gone as soon as any even mediocre DT shows up on the roster.

I don't agree with that.

I think he was WAY over used last year.

I'm actually intrigued with what he could bring on a 3rd and long package from the interior next to Easley.

As much as I didn't like Mallet, I'm actually happy for him. He gets to play in a system he's familiar with for a coach he's familiar with and a QB coach in Godsey that he's familiar with, and he has a really good chance of becoming their starter, at least at some point. That was never going to happen here, and by all accounts, he was a good teammate and a hard worker. He does deserve a shot. Just not here.

I like it. Quarles can play DT in a 4-3 or with some technique refinement a 5 tech DE in a 3-4. I thought the Giants stole him as an UDFA. He was thought of as a day 2 prospect until that nightclub incident 2 wks before the draft wh/ he's now been cleared of. No doubt playing with Clowney helped him but he was a very good player for South Car.

Like Easley, he's known to be very quick off the snap and penetrate with power although he needs coaching for better technique.

The Pats showed interest prior to the draft.

Back