Man in the Arena - Tom Brady (angry rant edition)

TyLawsPick6

Reaction score
You haven't even watched the first episode yet you already think you know what it's about. Here's a clue, you don't have one.
Hint: I will never watch his garbage. I appreciate what he did here, but his constant need for attention is honestly creepy to watch. I don't know what happened to the guy, but the Brady fans fell in love with is long gone. All gone. He'll be living like Howard Hughes in his 50s and 60s very soon. He'll have a whole block in Vegas to himself thinking it means something in life. NO THANKS.

I have all the team based documentaries I ever could want and I am looking forward to the new chapter, the present and future without an oligarch on our team trying to make it about just him and his creepiness.

Keep in mind, save for MeBron, there's never been a famous athlete who spends time running around making docs about themselves as a producer, while still playing.

I have PLENTY of clues from Brady. PLENTY.

Episodes 1 and 2 aren't what you think. They are more about building the teams and team chemistry. He was proud to be a Patriot at that time and it shows.
Watch the recap. Lots of great stuff there about BB and the Pats.
Seriously, I appreciate your comments and honesty. I really do, as others may appreciate it enough to delve into it.

My issue is, I know what's coming. He's trying to lure the viewer in, so when he gets to episode 7 or 8, 2007sih, 2013ish, 2014, etc, he can make it seem like he was in control then, which he partially was, but he lost that power after BB thought the guy might not be as into it based on his subpar postseason play that was apparently a secret by the Boston media after every big loss that just kept happening when 14 points were scored. BB slapped him after Brady's approach failed and Garoppolo scared him for his job, because that was real. BB worked with JimmyG everyday. JimmyG was a 2nd rd pick and meant to be an eventual replacement and Brady took it personally. I am glad he did, because it worked. Brady is trying to change that narrative for some reason. And the only reason is ego.

I just don't trust his angle on it and he's producing it, which means all kinds of info will be left out from the other side.

Last edited:
Go back and actually read the quote in my post and see what it is all about. You've become Mazz on the other side of the fence, spewing bile every time you see Brady's name mentioned no matter in what context. This speech was about people who do things, who work hard and fail, get up and try again. And again. It's about superstars and JAGs, Brady and Belichick as well as Maugaula Tuitele and Ross Ventrone, and all the UDFAs and practice squad guys who try and get slapped down, those who get overlooked, passed on and passed over, but who never quit, the ones who fight in the arena, a place what never see the critics of those who struggle and win and/or fail.

I never saw the TV show, but I am familiar with Roosevelt's Man in the Arena speech and think it one of the greatest political speeches ever, up there with JFK's inaugural address, Washington's Farewell Address, and Reagan's Brandenburg Gate Speech (of which I am inordinately fond).
I am looking 4 or TR books in my library right now. I am well aware of the quote. He's an idol of mine in a sense that it's mindblowing what he accomplished and I am not really a fan of Brady thinking he can recycle it. Brady isn't even 1/100th of the man. BB is a lot closer to that kind of leadership than Brady is.

No offense, but Roosevelt would read like 7 books a day and Brady is running around trying to sell avacado books and using a quakck to give him massages while peddling a $1000 a week budget on groceries to a family of 4, while peddling other insane garbage, almost daily.

There's a big difference between who TR was and what Brady has become. I don't want to make this about politics, but TR would be disagreeing with Brady today, all day long. He wouldn't be an oligarch, I can tell you that.

Glad to see you're moving on so well. :coffee:
Thanks. I am enjoying the season as I wasn't as much in 2018 and 2019 watching him pout and play the victim. You?

Imagine TR playing the victim role as a billionaire. LOL

Back