Mannings Speculate on Visiting Lockerroom in NE Being Bugged

Phil Elliott

Reaction score
Didn't see/hear this on the Mannings' game broadcast tonight, but read about it on PFT. Brady's buddies take care of the Pats again.

I'm glad that I don't have to waste my time watching those two turds...

Streaming Rabbit Hole GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

The comments are better than the article.
this is the best...🤣🤣🤣😍

listenupcupcake
says:
September 20, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Joke’s on Peyton. BB figured that Peyton would be careful in the locker room, so he probably had the showers bugged….lol

I wrote it before, but Brady attending Peyton Manning's HOF induction and jovially participating in the stupid banter was disgraceful. The Mannings have publicly passively/aggressively shit on the entire NE franchise for decades and Tompa Boy just grins and takes it. I believe he's always wanted to be part of the QB "good ole boys club" and defending himself and the Patriots against them was never going to get him in. When Deflategate went down, the Mannings knew it was BS, but they never once defended their "buddy." They just giggled and let it continue. Chickens coming home to roost.

You do know that he wasn't there as a guest of Manning's, as Tompa was, right? And Manning's nonsensical BS comments about bugged shower rooms stand in stark contrast to Bill's graciously complimentary comments about the HGH king.

Last edited:
I wrote it before, but Brady attending Peyton Manning's HOF induction and jovially participating in the stupid banter was disgraceful. The Mannings have publicly passively/aggressively shit on the entire NE franchise for decades and Tompa Boy just grins and takes it. I believe he's always wanted to be part of the QB "good ole boys club" and defending himself and the Patriots against them was never going to get him in. When Deflategate went down, the Mannings knew it was BS, but they never once defended their "buddy." They just giggled and let it continue. Chickens coming home to roost.
Oh oh, the Bat Signal is shining in the sky as I type this. Now you've done it. You're in big trouble, buddy.

Oh oh, the Bat Signal is shining in the sky as I type this. Now you've done it. You're in big trouble, buddy.
I am not familiar with the Bat Signal phenomenon.😂 I do, however, have more than a passing acquaintance with being in big trouble...

Former Patriots cornerback Ty Law did not appear to take kindly to longtime rival Peyton Manning’s recent claim that New England used to “bug” his locker with a microphone.

Manning — during his new “Monday Night Football” broadcast on ESPN2 with brother Eli — recalled talking to his Colts receivers in the team showers to prevent the Patriots from eavesdropping. Law found that detail particularly entertaining.

“You know what’s even stranger about that comment is that I agree with Peyton: He is extremely right that it’s very strange to see seven guys in the shower talking about football,” Law said on “The Greg Hill Show” Tuesday. “But you know what, he might’ve thought that because we were in his head a little bit.”

Manning’s time with the Colts overlapped with Law’s Patriots tenure from 1998-2004. The two famously battled it out in the 2003 AFC Championship game, which ended in a 24-14 Patriots win, and then the franchise’s second Super Bowl.

“Let’s be honest, we were in his head a little bit. That’s OK. That’s Bill Belichick scheming up things and giving players confidence, so you probably did think we had a bug in there because we knew what you were doing,” Law said. “I ain’t gonna tell no secrets right now, but we knew what he was doing. So go ahead in the shower with all your buddies.”

Manning has previously accused the Patriots and Belichick of bugging opposing locker rooms. Other narratives about the Patriots cheating — including Spygate and Deflategate — have persisted during New England’s dominance during the Tom Brady and Belichick era. The Buccaneers quarterback spent 20 years with the Patriots and won six Super Bowls with Belichick, before he took his talents to Tampa Bay in March 2020.

Law said he takes “satisfaction” in the bugging allegations and other claims about his former team.

“Because if you want to go to those extremes, when they were talking about how we played aggressive on their wide receivers,” Law said. “What did they call it, the ‘Ty Law rule’? I mean, I look at that as a compliment. We just came out there, we kicked ass, we took names, and y’all had to go home mad on the bus and we went to the Super Bowl. I take satisfaction in it. It’s not frustrating at all. It’s funny.”

Law said his rivalry with Manning is secondary to his relationship with the legendary quarterback.

“Peyton is my friend, a great quarterback, a great competitor,” he said. “But there’s gonna always be a lot of talk about that rivalry, whether it’s him joking about we had it bugged or this-gate or that-gate… But Peyton is great. I think his analysis is funny, his wit is awesome. I enjoy listening to him.”

Interesting the things that you seem to notice and I've noticed something about you as well, and not just in the above post. You've got some bigotry going on there, Ace, in the form of ageism. When you're at a loss for the means to present cogent responses to other posters (which is often), you make what you likely think are clever insults about those posters' advanced ages. We can all go back and forth with one another without resorting to narrow-minded bias.

Back