Market depressed due to fear of Obama winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpatriotpatsfan

cool cat
Reaction score
Well it seems according to Maria Bartiromo the people who put their money where their mouth is. IE, those who buy on Wall Street seem to vote with their dollars for McCain. If you don't understand that Obama will make a bad economy worse you're just not paying attention.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...ket-bounced-today-because-prez-race-tightened

CNBC's Maria Bartiromo on Thursday excitedly told viewers that an intra-day rally which had brought the Dow Jones Industrial Average from down about 275 to up over 170 was caused by rumors that the presidential race had tightened.

jim_vh

Graduate of the University of Mars
Reaction score
Well it seems according to Maria Bartiromo the people who put their money where their mouth is. IE, those who buy on Wall Street seem to vote with their dollars for McCain. If you don't understand that Obama will make a bad economy worse you're just not paying attention.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...ket-bounced-today-because-prez-race-tightened

CNBC's Maria Bartiromo on Thursday excitedly told viewers that an intra-day rally which had brought the Dow Jones Industrial Average from down about 275 to up over 170 was caused by rumors that the presidential race had tightened.

if they are they should be fired. they are paid to make hardheaded financial decisions about real world events, not "vote" for candidates.

you have heard there is a financial crisis on, and a lot of analysis about what is causing it, haven't you? and except for the bootlickers at fox news they are finding real economic reasons for the market to tank.

Charlotte Pats

Reaction score
if they are they should be fired. they are paid to make hardheaded financial decisions about real world events, not "vote" for candidates.

you have heard there is a financial crisis on, and a lot of analysis about what is causing it, haven't you? and except for the bootlickers at fox news they are finding real economic reasons for the market to tank.

She wasn't endorsing a candidate, the market was moving up due to the news on the floor of the exchange that the presidential race was getting closer.

Markets go up and down all the time on news and rumours...

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score

Hey you f**kin' loser. You don't know what the hell you're talking about (again).

Markets are heavily influenced by speculation about what the future may hold, and not always about what is happening right now. The market is down based on what buyers and sellers believe will happen in the weeks and months ahead. Barack Obama's "economic plan" (or lack thereof you f**kin' loser) is a joke, and investors are responding to the prospect of it being implemented.

Get your head out of your ass!

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
[rephrasing so as not to attack a poster]

The market is "voting" because they believe Obama's policies will be bad for the economy and the market. It's as "hardheaded" as they come.

He deserves to be attacked. He's a piece of steaming shit.

O.Z.O.

rude and offensive
Reaction score

hey, fuktard...

Is this your first exposure to how the market works?

What you're proposing is that everybody leave their money right where it is and lose it. That way, we'll be completely and equally dependent upon the benevolence of the overlords in Washington.

Move your ass to Cuba or North Korea if you want to live that way...I'll even buy your plane ticket.

douchebag

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score

Do you not understand that the reaction is actually to the idea that McCain is considered to be better for the economy than Obama? THAT'S the reason for the market going up, according to that article. It's economics, not politics.

spiderman

Reaction score
jim_vh will always hold a special place in my heart for the time that he tried to argue economic policies with me and was not familiar (at all) with John Meynard Keynes.

I'm always shocked at people who are so opinionated when they have such a shallow grasp of the issues.

O.Z.O.

rude and offensive
Reaction score
jim_vh will always hold a special place in my heart for the time that he tried to argue economic policies with me and was not familiar (at all) with John Meynard Keynes.

I'm always shocked at people who are so opinionated when they have such a shallow grasp of the issues.

He's the classic example of our sound bite society. People who make decisions based on what they see in political ads and what they read on bumper stickers. This douche probably thinks the Bush administration is to blame for the subprime mortgage crisis because his party told him he was.

PatsRUs

Not a Member User
Reaction score
Market is depressed because of a list of reasons, tons of metrics coming in.. you can't say what the reaction would be if the poll results were the opposite, because you'd have to factor in all the other items, like when Sony and Toyota report that profits are down, or Ford and GM.. or unemployment numbers.. or one of the other dozens of things people are looking at for guidance.

This is another weak attempt to distort facts by the right wing media, to help aid McCain. Why not put a different spin on it, say "fat cats sell on fears they might need to sell three of those summer homes and only keep two helicopters at each of the remaining ones".

This was quite a reach.. but I give them points for creativity..

Charlotte Pats

Reaction score
Market is depressed because of a list of reasons, tons of metrics coming in.. you can't say what the reaction would be if the poll results were the opposite, because you'd have to factor in all the other items, like when Sony and Toyota report that profits are down, or Ford and GM.. or unemployment numbers.. or one of the other dozens of things people are looking at for guidance.

This is another weak attempt to distort facts by the right wing media, to help aid McCain. Why not put a different spin on it, say "fat cats sell on fears they might need to sell three of those summer homes and only keep two helicopters at each of the remaining ones".

This was quite a reach.. but I give them points for creativity..

Class Warfare :thumb: You think all those fats cats (your Words) are going to keep their money in the market if Obama get's elected? Yup, I'm quite sure they will be willing to get taxed up the ass by "the One" NOT!!!!

Darth Despot

Not a real 'Merican - apparently
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
Actually the kind of fat cats your talking about have far more options when the tax policies get out of hand. The most drastic of which is jumping on the helicopter and moving to Antigua or St. Barts or Dubai. That's what all the "fat cat" brits did in the 70s, worked out real good for the Labor government, not.

Charlotte Pats

Reaction score
Actually the kind of fat cats your talking about have far more options when the tax policies get out of hand. The most drastic of which is jumping on the helicopter and moving to Antigua or St. Barts or Dubai. That's what all the "fat cat" brits did in the 70s, worked out real good for the Labor government, not.

Exactly,

It kills me that the lefties think the "fat Cats" will just take it up the wazoo.

They didn't get rich by being stupid or giving their money away, no matter how patriotic Plugs Biden thinks it is.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score

Perhaps if you hang out with him and his buddies on the baseball forums, you'll get an explanation. They're apparently much smarter than us dummies on the football forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.