Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'm more a casual comic book fan so all I'm interested in are the heavy hitters. From what I could tell, this is more the behind the scenes guys. Is that correct? That's pretty much what kept me from checking it out.

it was pretty awesome. People who don't want to check it out because it doesn't have the "heavy hitters" is missing out. This is going to be a pretty awesome show I think, plus it's Joss Whedon.

The new Batman show that Fox is developing with no Batman on the other hand....

it was pretty awesome. People who don't want to check it out because it doesn't have the "heavy hitters" is missing out. This is going to be a pretty awesome show I think, plus it's Joss Whedon.

The new Batman show that Fox is developing with no Batman on the other hand....

I'm obviously hesitant about the Commissioner Gordon-centric show as well, but from the sound of it, they're planning on addressing the backgrounds of some of the villains in the Gotham universe, which could turn out to be excellent.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm more a casual comic book fan so all I'm interested in are the heavy hitters. From what I could tell, this is more the behind the scenes guys. Is that correct? That's pretty much what kept me from checking it out.

Not exactly.

The back story was set by a narator near the beginning.

Basically with what's happened in all the other Avenger unicverse movies (Iron Man, Thir, Capt America, The Hulk, The avengers, etc.) is know by everyone.

In the aftermath of the very public events in NYC in The Avengers, people all know that there are superheroes out there and are finding them in various places.

Spoiler Alert:

There is some sort of group that is turning average joes into superheroes and the Agents are going to be going after them. So each week we can probly expect a new superhero they need to deal with and try and track down the group behind it.

Didn't watch, on the fence about it honestly. It's been a while since I've been very impressed by a big network show.

So it sounds a little like the plot for Heroes? I have way too many shows going right now. Hell on Wheels, Breaking Bad (2 seasons behind), The League, The Walking Dead (SOON!!) , Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist. Think I'm gonna have to pass on this one for the time being.

So it sounds a little like the plot for Heroes? I have way too many shows going right now. Hell on Wheels, Breaking Bad (2 seasons behind), The League, The Walking Dead (SOON!!) , Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist. Think I'm gonna have to pass on this one for the time being.

:shake:

Two Words.

Joss

Whedon

According to my ET magzine, This is by Jed, the brother of Joss. We shall see. I thought it was OK, not great.

Yes, he's involved, but Joss is the executive producer

I thought it was fairly weaksauce for the pilot. Although the two female characters will hold my attention for at least a few more weeks, the plot was mediocre, and the show had a truly "network tv formulaic" feel that was way off the current Marvel franchise feel. Plus I'll never be able to buy into Robin Sherbotsky as anything but a drunk Canadian hockey fan. And what little respect I had during the episode itself shot out the window when the 62 Vette went full Back To The Future II for one of the worst bits of tv animation I've seen since Greatest American Hero. Again, it was a pilot, so I'll go benefit of the doubt, plus:
Chloe-Bennet-Skye-Agents-of-SHIELD-ones-to-watch.jpg

But it has a long way to go to be as good as it could/should have been...

Ya, that's the thing really - I just don't trust networks to do TV right anymore. Over the past few years I've found myself watching and enjoying almost anything on cable (with plenty left to discover) while the only things I watch on the networks are shows I've been watching for years and only to see them end.

I thought it was fairly weaksauce for the pilot. Although the two female characters will hold my attention for at least a few more weeks, the plot was mediocre, and the show had a truly "network tv formulaic" feel that was way off the current Marvel franchise feel. Plus I'll never be able to buy into Robin Sherbotsky as anything but a drunk Canadian hockey fan. And what little respect I had during the episode itself shot out the window when the 62 Vette went full Back To The Future II for one of the worst bits of tv animation I've seen since Greatest American Hero. Again, it was a pilot, so I'll go benefit of the doubt, plus:

But it has a long way to go to be as good as it could/should have been...

Not to pick nits, but that flying car was not a nod to Back to the Future. It was referring to where the car ORIGINALLY appeared in Strange Tales 144 (published in MAY 1966, around twenty years sooner than Back To The Future).

144-1.jpg

I thought the pilot was 'ok'. Not great, not terrible, but it will need to improve drastically if it wants to distinguish itself from being 'Heroes Part 2'.

Not to pick nits, but that flying car was not a nod to Back to the Future. It was referring to where the car ORIGINALLY appeared in Strange Tales 144 (published in MAY 1966, around twenty years sooner than Back To The Future).

144-1.jpg

I thought the pilot was 'ok'. Not great, not terrible, but it will need to improve drastically if it wants to distinguish itself from being 'Heroes Part 2'.

It was also a clever nod to the scene in Captain America, in the Stark Enterprises expo booth.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wonder if they will use this show to drop hints/plot backgrounds to the Avengers 2 movie?

As for the show, I liked it but didn’t love it. I think I'd prefer the graphic novel version and not the family friendly version. I did enjoy watching it with my 10yr old though so :shrug_n:

I think I'm just spoiled by AMC/FX shows.

I watched it in Hulu Plus. It looks like a great show. I wonder if there have any of the Avengers in the show.

:shake:

Two Words.

Joss

Whedon
The only thing that will get me to check it out.

Firefly is a top-5 all-time show. Amazing stuff - smart, sexy, original, and usually unpredictable. I'd love to see what a few more seasons would have brought us.

Stupid Fox. Or whoever.

Solid second episode. Loved the cameo at the end.

Back