Mel Kiper for GM

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
Despite a good draft class this past year with Mac, Baramore, and Rhonda (whatever their names are), I wonder how the Patriots roster would look now if they had just drafted according to Mel Kiper’s best available draft board, since perhaps the year Isaiah Winn was drafted.

Glad that you brought this up. I vividly remember Mel and Todd saying that Williams would be a great 1st round pick for the Patriots. Also, they said the day after the draft that Harry was the best WR available at 32 and would be a good fit for the Patriots offense that needed a WR like him.

Glad that you brought this up. I vividly remember Mel and Todd saying that Williams would be a great 1st round pick for the Patriots. Also, they said the day after the draft that Harry was the best WR available at 32 and would be a good fit for the Patriots offense that needed a WR like him.
Yep, and some of that recorded on YouTube

That’s cool. I just remember thinking Deebo Samuel would be a great pick. I don’t follow college football whatsoever but pay attention to draft rankings. Maybe I should get the job.

I am finding it difficult to find free access to pre-draft rankings in general. Mel Kiper's pre-draft "boards" are available to EPSN+ subscribers, apparently. Of course I am suggesting they might be better off with Mel Kiper drafting for the Patriots because Mel Kiper is a well-known mainstream football expert who reflects conventional wisdom.

That’s cool. I just remember thinking Deebo Samuel would be a great pick. I don’t follow college football whatsoever but pay attention to draft rankings. Maybe I should get the job.
Deebo bragged on social media that BB was drafting him. That was his mistake.

Thomas, I gave you quite a hard time ten or fifteen years ago and here you still are slinging it like a pro.

Kudos, my dude. Your longevity is almost heartwarming (unless you still rock the recumbent bicycle, in which case we are still natural enemies in the wild).
I understand the RB, you can wind your way through the 8am trafic in cambridge while still gazing at the lovely white cloubs drifting by high overhead.

Cheers

Thomas, I gave you quite a hard time ten or fifteen years ago and here you still are slinging it like a pro.

Kudos, my dude. Your longevity is almost heartwarming (unless you still rock the recumbent bicycle, in which case we are still natural enemies in the wild).
Sorry I don’t recall any of this.

Do you mean to say that Jejuan Williams was projected by anyone to be a first round pick before the draft by anyone? Or is there another Williams I am forgetting about? I’m less interested in what people said after the draft - who was the best player available according to Mel Kiper when they drafted Harry?

Do you mean to say that Jejuan Williams was projected by anyone to be a first round pick before the draft by anyone? Or is there another Williams I am forgetting about? I’m less interested in what people said after the draft - who was the best player available according to Mel Kiper when they drafted Harry?
They did a mock on TV and both picked J. Williams, our #33, to go to the Patriots. The Patriots were picking at 32, I believe that year.

Even through TSN had him 62, Kiper had him going to the Patriots at 32 the week before the draft. He wasn't on my radar until I saw that. When I looked him up I was impressed by his length and speed. That's how I remember it so clearly.
I think that he had Harry going a few picks ahead.

What I remember about J. Williams was that it was common knowledge amongst the draft "experts" (guys on TV) that the Pats were wild about him. And you know how these mocks change the closer it gets to draft time, I have always assumed that the Kiper types pick up on this info then tweak their mocks to match. So the fact that Kiper had a player rated wherever has very little merit.

That particular draft ( 2019 ) was particularly bad but I still wonder if they wouldn’t have a better roster if they hadn’t followed conventional wisdom more closely. Think of all the goofy picks like drafting a long-snapper, or a rugby player.

Back