MERGED: Colts Sign Freeney

Tarik will also be 34, right? He's finishing his big payday contract this season. His next contract will be smaller.

I read this morning that the Colts are relying on Klecko to fill the void if they release Simon.

Undertaker #59 on 07-13-2007 at 03:54 PM said:
I read this morning that the Colts are relying on Klecko to fill the void if they release Simon.

I was on the Ohio/Indiana border a few months back-

looking across the line was like looking at a scene of hell..

hell.jpg

For the people who don't know, that's not really a picture of Indiana. You've been misled. That's a fake.

How can you tell? Simple.

There's no corn in it.

First, I would like to apologize for duplicating a thread. You see, I don't read a single thread started by Dashoe, so I didn't realize he had posted about Freeney.

Second, I don't agree with many Pats fans that Freeney's or Manning's cap numbers are all that prohibitive. I just think that Freeney isn't worth the money.

Oswlek on 07-13-2007 at 05:01 PM said:
First, I would like to apologize for duplicating a thread. You see, I don't read a single thread started by Dashoe, so I didn't realize he had posted about Freeney.

Second, I don't agree with many Pats fans that Freeney's or Manning's cap numbers are all that prohibitive. I just think that Freeney isn't worth the money.
To us he is. Wth no pass rush, the cover 2 simply does not work.

Freeney = Pass rush. Yeah his sack numbers were down this year. But he was nursing an injury, that all reports seem to indicate that he is over now.

Basically our entire defense is dependant on a player like Dwight Freeney. And players like Dwight Freeney don't grow on trees.

Yeah it's alot of money, and it does make me a tad nervous. But until they release specifics I'm not going to get too worked up.

Simply because the price tag shows 72 mil, doesn't mean he that's what he is getting.

IndyPatriotfan on 07-13-2007 at 02:41 PM said:
Does anyone know who the Colts FA's are next year?
The only really important ones are Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders.

It's still too early, but I think we should have enough room to sign them both. All signs point to Tarik Glenn being released (and replaced by Tony Ugoh who we drafted this year) which I believe will represent about 8 mil on this years sheet.

Also, completely off topic, but if Indiana sucks so badly, and you are so miserable here, then why do you still live here?

Undertaker #59 on 07-13-2007 at 03:04 PM said:
Can you feel the love?

I felt it.
I was not here yesterday at the moment of this exact post as I was sunning at The Cape and I thought it odd at the time that my *you know* moved -- and there were no unknown women of healthy lineage present that should have caused such an event for me

I felt something --- now I know what happened

I guess :shrug:

jaric on 07-13-2007 at 06:00 PM said:
Also, completely off topic, but if Indiana sucks so badly, and you are so miserable here, then why do you still live here?
It's not that Indiana sucks, that much, it's all the loser, cocky Colt fans that live here. If they would just move, all would be good.

Hey Douch-hoe,

Seems like not every rube in Indiana is excited about Freeny's new contract.

"Thanks to hundreds of millions of dollars of public subsidies, the Indianapolis Colts were able to sign defensive end Dwight Freeney to a 6-year, $72 million contract with a $30 million signing bonus. As you dig deeper into your pockets to support Indianapolis/Marion County government, another professional football player will live like royalty because of the generosity Mayor Bart Peterson has extended to his team's owner, Jim Irsay. If Jim Irsay can afford to pay Dwight Freeney this much money, he sure as hell can afford to pay maintenance and operating expenses on the new stadium. It's time to reopen the one-sided lease agreement the city negotiated with Irsay and end this nonsense of Indianapolis taxpayers being taxed into servitude to support a life of luxury for these professional players and team owner."

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/

How's that new 2.5% tax increase to fight crime feeling these days ?

Are you going to attend "Black Sunday". the anti-tax rally at the Circle with all the other jerks ?

MrWeekend on 07-14-2007 at 08:31 PM said:
Hey Douch-hoe,

"Thanks to hundreds of millions of dollars of public subsidies, the Indianapolis Colts were able to sign defensive end Dwight Freeney to a 6-year, $72 million contract with a $30 million signing bonus. As you dig deeper into your pockets to support Indianapolis/Marion County government, another professional football player will live like royalty because of the generosity Mayor Bart Peterson has extended to his team's owner, Jim Irsay. If Jim Irsay can afford to pay Dwight Freeney this much money, he sure as hell can afford to pay maintenance and operating expenses on the new stadium. It's time to reopen the one-sided lease agreement the city negotiated with Irsay and end this nonsense of Indianapolis taxpayers being taxed into servitude to support a life of luxury for these professional players and team owner."

Are you going to attend "Black Sunday". the anti-tax rally at the Circle with all the other jerks ?
As long as IndyPatriotFan is paying as well it doesn't bother me.ROFL

MrWeekend on 07-14-2007 at 07:31 PM said:
Hey Douch-hoe,

That blog was written by one of those marijuana growing hippie terrorists.

Hippies.

IndyPatriotfan on 07-14-2007 at 06:21 PM said:
It's not that Indiana sucks, that much, it's all the loser, cocky Colt fans that live here. If they would just move, all would be good.

I imagine Colts fans in New England feel the same way. It's never easy living away from where your team plays. Especially when you're living in rival territory.

I work with a Jaguars fan. He's a great guy, I love him to pieces, and he's a lot of fun to talk football with. However, we've been joking around every night that, in a few more weeks, we're no longer friends. He insists that Jags are going to win the division this year and I insist they'll be lucky not to place third. If nothing else, work will be more fun in a few weeks...

Fawn Lebowitz on 07-14-2007 at 09:18 PM said:
As long as IndyPatriotFan is paying as well it doesn't bother me.ROFL
Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm not helping pay for the stadium. Since Daniels made Indianapolis and the surrounding counties pay taxes when they go out to eat to help pay for it, I've been going outside of my county to eat. And since I don't go to any conventions or Colt games, I don't think any of my money will be going towards any Colt players any time soon.

IndyPatriotfan on 07-15-2007 at 05:25 AM said:
Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm not helping pay for the stadium. Since Daniels made Indianapolis and the surrounding counties pay taxes when they go out to eat to help pay for it, I've been going outside of my county to eat. And since I don't go to any conventions or Colt games, I don't think any of my money will be going towards any Colt players any time soon.

But the taxes you pay for the gas you use to drive to another county to eat:confused: is comforting to know.:thumb: :4321: ROFL

Back