MERGED - How is Gostkowski still on this team?

Yet another f- up in the biggest of big games. Just like last year. Just like clockwork. Ugh. I'm happy he made the second one, and also that he didn't miss the point after kick, but come on. These missed kicks aren't some wild 60+ yarders. It was just a tick over 40. Should be a gimme. This freaking guy.

He iced the game with his last FG.

Missed 46, Made 42, 41. Made XP.

Greg OMG LEGATRON GREG THE LEG ZEURLEIN: Made 53, Missed 48.

Gostkowski's last FG try - Iced the game.
Zeurlein's last FG try - shattered even the slimmest hopes of a comeback.

This isn't the droid you're looking for. You freaking guy.

It's amazing what people are either too young to remember, or too delusional with fake rage to forget. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Why?

"Hey kicker, come in stand around for two weeks and get cut because there's no fucking way we're cutting Gostkowski."

What purpose does that serve, other than wasting a roster spot?

Because he isn't all that good?... :shrug_n:

Why did BB sign a punter last year?

Because he isn't all that good?... :shrug_n:

Why did BB sign a punter last year?

Because Allen had two objectively bad seasons in a row. He was awesome this year.

And he's fine, he had the same statistical season he had in 2016, except he was 49/50 on XP, best % in the league.

Until you bring in a kicker that hits 100% of his kicks, I'm keeping the guy that has shattered every Patriots kicking record, and is in the process of lapping 2nd place.

Nope. Ridiculous waste of time.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ---------

I think there is a difference between a bad throw and a throw he shouldn't make. Last night was one he should not have made, but the defender really made a good move on the ball.

Brady was a tad short on the throw but Hogan didn't help him out at all.
Btw, Hogan had 0 catches on 6 targets in the SB. No separation at all.
8/18 for 58 yds in the 3 playoff games.
UFA now

Easily replaced imo.

Brady was a tad short on the throw but Hogan didn't help him out at all.
Btw, Hogan had 0 catches on 6 targets in the SB. No separation at all.
8/18 for 58 yds in the 3 playoff games.
UFA now

Easily replaced imo.

Time for Hogan to go, he had his magical run a couple of years ago, and since then, nothing. Chris Conley from the Chiefs is a UFA. Can probably get him for similar money, taller, faster, better blocker, younger. And he doesn't have to catch everything twice.

Time for Hogan to go, he had his magical run a couple of years ago, and since then, nothing. Chris Conley from the Chiefs is a UFA. Can probably get him for similar money, taller, faster, better blocker, younger. And he doesn't have to catch everything twice.

I had Conley mocked here coming out. Thought the fit would be perfect.

That’d kill Hogfvck&Clay too.

Do it Bill!

With Ghost, the question is the timing of the misses. I am going to believe my lying eyes on this one. Be honest and relive that last FG. You were not sure it made it for a second. And after the first miss...... I also do not know if it is the plan or not, but I would like a place kicker that can put the ball out of the end zone on kick offs.

Wow, is this a thing? Belichick trusted him on 4th and a foot to kick the game-sealing field goal. Drop the Mic.

Who would you get that is better? If there was a clear choice, then maybe consider replacing him, but there is not. He is one of the top kickers in the league. Kickers miss a few kicks now and then, let's not over-react.

Time to look at the numbers here. According to the stat page on espn.com:

Gostkowski is 4th in the leage in extra points pct with 97,6 %(40/41). Matt Prater(DET) and Brandon McManus(DEN) are the only with a 100 %, but they have less attempts(25 and 32).

So missing extra points is hardly the problem. FGs is a different story tho.

Ghost is 21st in the league with 82,8 %(24/29). He is 18/18 up to 40yrd, but 4/6 from 40-49 and only 2-5 from 50+.

If Ghost has a problem in 2018, it's his long kicks. Long kicks is not a thing we should rely on to win games. That would indicate we have other and bigger issues, i.e. allowing 69yrd TDs with the clock running out.

Based on overall stats he is a good kicker. He's pretty solid overall at making low pressure kicks in regular season games. The problem is he's a head case that misses important kicks in big games. Not all of them, but enough to make you consider someone else.

You can see it in his eyes, he lacks confidence. He barely made the 41 yarder to put us up by 10. Had he missed that kick, there would be a real possibility he's done here.

Based on overall stats he is a good kicker. He's pretty solid overall at making low pressure kicks in regular season games. The problem is he's a head case that misses important kicks in big games. Not all of them, but enough to make you consider someone else.

You can see it in his eyes, he lacks confidence. He barely made the 41 yarder to put us up by 10. Had he missed that kick, there would be a real possibility he's done here.

A kicker that makes every kick doesnt excist. By cutting him we might end up like the Bears. Its just stupid imo. Not worth the risk at alll.

Because Allen had two objectively bad seasons in a row. He was awesome this year.

And he's fine, he had the same statistical season he had in 2016, except he was 49/50 on XP, best % in the league.

Until you bring in a kicker that hits 100% of his kicks, I'm keeping the guy that has shattered every Patriots kicking record, and is in the process of lapping 2nd place.

Nope. Ridiculous waste of time.

Yes. What if BB finds a better kicker?

"Barely Made"

It's make or miss, and he knew he made it immediately. Your strawman "if he had missed" dream sequence is just goofy.

"Let's punish and rip a guy twice for missing a kick that he didn't miss."

This is you. This is what you sound like. :coffee:

Yes. I would agree with this.

He is usually good...but, he does mess up in key situations. It could be a mental thing.

Yes. What if BB finds a better kicker?

He won't, because they don't exist.

If Belichick wants another kicker, he'll draft one, like he did with Gostkowski.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Yes. I would agree with this.

He is usually good...but, he does mess up in key situations. It could be a mental thing.

He iced the game Sunday. He scored more points than anyone else in the game. WTF do you want?

If Belichick wants another kicker, he'll draft one, like he did with Gostkowski.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

He iced the game Sunday. He scored more points than anyone else in the game. WTF do you want?

Perfection dammit!!!!

:coffee:

Edelman to you must be what ghost is to me... :coffee:

Back