MERGED: Patriots Planet Draft Party 2007

They open at 3 o'clock later on today, and I am thirsty.

I'll tell him there will probably be in essence of 40 people expected. I hope that's the magic number.

Patriots4ever on 03-02-2007 at 10:49 AM said:
They open at 3 o'clock later on today, and I am thirsty.

I'll tell him there will probably be in essence of 40 people expected. I hope that's the magic number.

As a point of reference (and as a warning for others who might be thinking about attending), this was a group photo that joephoto took last year. This doesn't include everyone who attended at some point in time. There are 15 in the pic + joe taking the photo. I'd guess there were around 20-22 at its peak.

I'm good for 2 to 3 people, just like last year.

bideau on 03-02-2007 at 11:12 AM said:
As a point of reference (and as a warning for others who might be thinking about attending), this was a group photo that joephoto took last year. This doesn't include everyone who attended at some point in time. There are 15 in the pic + joe taking the photo. I'd guess there were around 20-22 at its peak.

I actually now recognize a few people.

Question: how many behind the banner aren't wearing pants? :D

JD10367 on 03-02-2007 at 11:23 AM said:
I actually now recognize a few people.

Question: how many behind the banner aren't wearing pants? :D

My wife (who is wearing the red Brady jersey) was 5 months pregnant in that picture. Of course I was wearing pants. :sulk:

Patriots4ever on 03-02-2007 at 12:10 PM said:
My wife (who is wearing the red Brady jersey) was 5 months pregnant in that picture. Of course I was wearing pants. :sulk:

Well then how can you explain her being pregnant? >)

Patriots4ever on 03-02-2007 at 12:58 PM said:
The DNA tests are still pending.

2006-09-27T042924Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKEN-UK-SMITH.jpg

He's not my wife's type.

She was asking about Road Grader the other day though. I"ll have to have a little "discussion" with him one of these days.

bideau on 03-02-2007 at 11:12 AM said:

THATS who ive been talking to all these months?

*chuckle*

southcarolina on 03-03-2007 at 12:59 PM said:
THATS who ive been talking to all these months?

*chuckle*

I'm assuming you've checked out the Planet photo thread. If not, it's good for a few laughs ;)

bideau on 03-03-2007 at 01:55 PM said:
I'm assuming you've checked out the Planet photo thread. If not, it's good for a few laughs ;)

yeah ive looked at it :)

Ive been contemplating posting a pic of me there, just to see everyone reaction. I always assume that people assume i look like this:
rnw1.JPG

southcarolina on 03-04-2007 at 02:56 AM said:
yeah ive looked at it :)

Ive been contemplating posting a pic of me there, just to see everyone reaction. I always assume that people assume i look like this:
rnw1.JPG

Well, you're not that bad-looking, but your pregnancy is a bit off-putting. :D

JD10367 on 03-04-2007 at 08:57 AM said:
Well, you're not that bad-looking, but your pregnancy is a bit off-putting. :D

Heres another one of the mrs at the wedding reception:

ShowLetter1.jpg

Nice. How's that guy holding her up? >)

Update on Pat Flanagan's:

We would need in essence of 50+ people, as I mentioned earlier, in order to get the back private room. The room is simply too big for a small gathering of 20 - 30 people. It is not "cost effiecient" for the establishment to hire a bar tender and waitress. Sorry.

However, my contact did tell me that we could have the back portion of the bar (there is a small room used for smaller functions) where we would have a bar tender and waitress to accommodate us. In that little area, there are about 5 TVs and a big screen. We would still be able to have a buffet style where we could all chip in or order food on your own separate tab.

In addition to that small room, there are also pool tables located to the left and there are TVs there as well for your draft watching enjoyment.

I know many of the regulars there that are also huge Pats fans and would welcome Patriots Planet with open arms and even join us. Let me know what you guys want to do. I know we have plenty of time, but the quicker I can get this set up, the better chance we have of getting all of this locked up.

I'm game

I don't care where we go. Now that I'm cookieoutofcollege and not getting some big award I can't even remember about, I will be there!

I believe Joe's love for the endzone is from many fond drunken nights there with cheap booze and cheaper rooms!

Some of us have long drives and don't feel like drinking and driving which is understandable. I do like Flanagans though. Many great nights there and the bartenders are hot. I also like the outlaw and the food is fantastic.

Nothing can beat a day with the draft, some drinks, many friends and a spankees loss to the hometown boys to boot.

I'll see everyone there. TAX season will be over and it's time for this accountant to partay! o:)

P4, I think Pat Fanagans is fine, with the number of TV's I am sure the draft will stay on along with the Sox/Yankees game

any objections?
any concerns?

could we get a head count going to see if we meet the number

Quincy is a central location and does have hotels if needed

I need a head count if it's going to be held at Flanagan's. If we hit 50 we get the function room privacy benefit. If not, we get the back room with extra TVs and pool tables.

Back